Black Desert Online

Permabanned
a friend of mine was generous enough to give me 2 more.

Enjoy!

Code 1 : 7A4B-75BF-0A1C-487E-B21C
Code 2 : 967E-B691-271F-4F5C-9D7A
Took first one, not tested yet

er cancel that I bought this game and never tried it, was a founder purchase, man I'm losing it :p

So first code still there.

thanks anyway :p

Last edited:
Soldato
Played it over Christmas but have uninstalled it again. The grind is just obscene.

There is plenty to do to an extent but none of it is worth your time. The only way to really make decent money is with your wallet or grinding

All you do all day is grind mobs and nothing else. Hours on end killing the same thing.

If you want to be competitive it will take endless hours. I got to 56 and just got bored to death and was still several months behind in gear.

Associate
Played it over Christmas but have uninstalled it again. The grind is just obscene.

There is plenty to do to an extent but none of it is worth your time. The only way to really make decent money is with your wallet or grinding

All you do all day is grind mobs and nothing else. Hours on end killing the same thing.

If you want to be competitive it will take endless hours. I got to 56 and just got bored to death and was still several months behind in gear.

This is what i was like when i 1st started playing this. now i'm treating it more like a sandbox MMO and doing what i want rather than the normal grind to max level and get the end game gear.

Associate
come check it out :))

N6AQVF4-QMHS874-JT0Q670-ALFNV Unused

6FFD2IL-P4BPSVG-EB0ULRK-8C8L9 Unused

O6RR2O9-A9US32P-TC1N2GK-MPM5N Unused

P5HFCLN-5O49RIN-LNG8LUU-FJDC1 Unused

1CT5E8E-ASPD0TU-UJDCVFA-IVCIP Unused

OQL3NLT-TQDAMKG-CB1AM3C-3G1IA Unused

D3K

D3K

Soldato

Yup got to a certain area with pigs in farms and it became unbearable.

Associate
I have an account with various paid costumes, a lvl 56 ranger ( Awakened ) / 53 valk and 45 Kuni, items worth a few hundred mil and plenty of xp boost items. Ranger is reasonably well equipped and has 140ish AP in both forms. Also comes with numerous "Value packs" and some guest packs.

Anyone want my account for free?

I am hoping offering this is not against the rules :) If so please someone let me know and I will remove.

Last edited:
Associate
I have an account with various paid costumes, a lvl 56 ranger ( Awakened ) / 53 valk and 45 Kuni, items worth a few hundred mil and plenty of xp boost items. Ranger is reasonably well equipped and has 140ish AP in both forms. Also comes with numerous "Value packs" and some guest packs.

Anyone want my account for free?

I am hoping offering this is not against the rules :) If so please someone let me know and I will remove.
I'll take it bud, want to send me a trust with the details?

Associate
Just started playing this on Monday, and wondering what sort of stuff i should be focusing on, and in what order. I dont think its helping that theres so much info out there but its kinda hard to tell whats achievable now and whats for 100hrs in. Im also getting screwed a bit by things not being particularly clear/obvious IMO.
Spent about 2hrs trying to tame a horse much faffing, only to tame one and realise the license i'd bought is essentially buying a horse, its not part of the claiming process. Its been silly things like that, basically.

So, just some random mumblings of where im upto....

Im at Lv30 with the Sorceress cos it seemed to be mentioned the most frequent.

- Contribution pts are a bit of an issue, especially as i dont really want to mess with Alts, but after getting loads of them without knowing what they do, im now finding i need them to keep moving forward with the stuff i want to do, and the game is talking about - ie Build a fishing rod (I WISH!!) and buy a shipyard (5pts on a 3rd building chain). I'd love to do both, but need tons of copper ingots unless i just buy them, and the shipyard probably needs a load of stuff thats also a PITA to get to.

- Ive got just 4 workers (2+1 lodging in Velia), they'll be doing copper & ash overnight. Ive got a lv3 storage and 2x Lv1, a Lv2 toolshop and lv1 refinery neither which i can really use unless i buy the resources. Not entirely sure what else i should have them doing, or which specific types of workers i should focus on (iirc ive got 2 giants, an orc/elf thing and a human). Ive no idea if i can get rid of them without disabling the lodging so that i can keep looking for better workers, nor do i know exactly what 'better' is.

- I've been enjoying finishing, i've just hit Apprentice with minimal AFK, but now i know i can do a match in FM17 and fish a little without any performance issues, that might get used more frequently :D I'd really like to get the boat and better rods, it seems to pay pretty well so perhaps buying rods & supplies isnt so bad, but i'd rather be self-sufficient, it just doesnt feel like the game wants that when it takes 3 basic pick axes to get about 10-20 melted copper, and i need iirc 150 for 3 ingots to make the 2nd-tier tools etc.

- I have 13 Black Armor stones and 6 weapon, havent a damn clue what they're for but they're obviously something i need, i just dont know when i should be using them, but my guess is not on anything im using at lv20-30... right? I do have 2 Agerian items, so wouldnt mind a 3rd, and im guessing its so-so for where im at, at least for RNG loot.

Anyway, if anyone could suggest what they think i should be trying to focus on, maybe im trying to do too much distant stuff, maybe theres good ways of lvl'ing and gaining access to things like C.Pts, better gear etc. I havent touched the main storyline on day 2, dunno if that'd help more or not, as i tried to focus on C.Pt quests, fishing, farm trading etc.

Associate
Just started playing this on Monday, and wondering what sort of stuff i should be focusing on, and in what order. I dont think its helping that theres so much info out there but its kinda hard to tell whats achievable now and whats for 100hrs in. Im also getting screwed a bit by things not being particularly clear/obvious IMO.
Spent about 2hrs trying to tame a horse much faffing, only to tame one and realise the license i'd bought is essentially buying a horse, its not part of the claiming process. Its been silly things like that, basically.

So, just some random mumblings of where im upto....

Im at Lv30 with the Sorceress cos it seemed to be mentioned the most frequent.

- Contribution pts are a bit of an issue, especially as i dont really want to mess with Alts, but after getting loads of them without knowing what they do, im now finding i need them to keep moving forward with the stuff i want to do, and the game is talking about - ie Build a fishing rod (I WISH!!) and buy a shipyard (5pts on a 3rd building chain). I'd love to do both, but need tons of copper ingots unless i just buy them, and the shipyard probably needs a load of stuff thats also a PITA to get to.

- Ive got just 4 workers (2+1 lodging in Velia), they'll be doing copper & ash overnight. Ive got a lv3 storage and 2x Lv1, a Lv2 toolshop and lv1 refinery neither which i can really use unless i buy the resources. Not entirely sure what else i should have them doing, or which specific types of workers i should focus on (iirc ive got 2 giants, an orc/elf thing and a human). Ive no idea if i can get rid of them without disabling the lodging so that i can keep looking for better workers, nor do i know exactly what 'better' is.

- I've been enjoying finishing, i've just hit Apprentice with minimal AFK, but now i know i can do a match in FM17 and fish a little without any performance issues, that might get used more frequently :D I'd really like to get the boat and better rods, it seems to pay pretty well so perhaps buying rods & supplies isnt so bad, but i'd rather be self-sufficient, it just doesnt feel like the game wants that when it takes 3 basic pick axes to get about 10-20 melted copper, and i need iirc 150 for 3 ingots to make the 2nd-tier tools etc.

- I have 13 Black Armor stones and 6 weapon, havent a damn clue what they're for but they're obviously something i need, i just dont know when i should be using them, but my guess is not on anything im using at lv20-30... right? I do have 2 Agerian items, so wouldnt mind a 3rd, and im guessing its so-so for where im at, at least for RNG loot.

Anyway, if anyone could suggest what they think i should be trying to focus on, maybe im trying to do too much distant stuff, maybe theres good ways of lvl'ing and gaining access to things like C.Pts, better gear etc. I havent touched the main storyline on day 2, dunno if that'd help more or not, as i tried to focus on C.Pt quests, fishing, farm trading etc.

It's always good to focus on something that you want to acheive, if you'd like to make a fishing boat, there are only 2 places in which you can make one Port Epheria is the best one to aim for. You can always buy a fishing boat from the market place i think they sell for around the 1.3 million mark. If you'd rather make a smaller boat than stick with Velia.

It does depend on how many contribution points you have? These can be increased by doing quests, levelling Alts can help with this too. Alt's in this game work differently than most MMO's your contribution/energy points aren't shared between characters.

Also to increase your enegry level you have to talk to NPC's in the world, these can be found as little question marks in the mini map, every time you see one talk to that NPC.

The way armour works in BDO is that it doesn't have a level, you can "Enhance" the level using the blackstone armour, same goes for the weapons. My advice for you is to purchase from the market place the "Grunil" set, as it gives you +AP (Attack Points).
Using the blackstones get them to +5 (you'll always have 100% chance to get them to +5) after +5 you'll have a chance to fail the "Enhancement". Weapon's work the same way but you can get them to +7 without it failing.

Associate
Thanks. The bit about Alts, am I correct in thinking the 31 contribution points i already have, if i level an Alt then i could gain 10 more, giving me a total of 41? They share a pool of contribution points across the account.
Assuming thats true, does the alt gain at a lv1 rate, like 1xp-2xp-4xp-8xp-16xp type rate, or is it simply carrying on where my main is at, so its say 1000 C.xp and currently at 250xp, so regardless of what character i use, i still need to earn 750 C.xp, or could i earn 5-10 C.pts very easily each time i start an alt?
Yesterday i tried focusing on local quests that were for contribution XP, but with other things i wanted to do i dont think i earned much at all, less than 2pts i think.

I've not been to Epheria, i've nipped into Calpheon and had a bit of a nosy around the area, i believe finding new locations helps with the contribution pts, and clears the map up somewhat (some areas still seem fairly foggy, but possibly because ive not spoke to ppl at the nodes with energy pts? I went through Owl Forest and saw that option and not sure if that helped anything tbh), but i'll head to Epheria if only to have a nosy, ive heard it mentioned and not known where that was till just now.

Wasnt sure about the energy pts, so thanks for that, ive tried talking to most people if only to remove the ? on them, and a few randoms i've passed going to new places. It seems to be one of those things i dont use 95% of the time, but when I do, i'll use them all pretty quickly, like searching through workers, so a bigger pool will help.

I'll look up that Grunil set, not sure if i have any but it sounds familiar so ive either got 1, sold one to a trader on the cheap, or ive read people suggesting it.

Im definitely enjoying it, and i like that it feels like theres decent progression, and i'd imagine i'll grab a 7-day extension code, but im not sure i'd bother buying it just yet and money is tight, but at €10 the price certainly helps make that less of a factor.
What is the benefit of being in a guild in BDO? Ive only ever played TSW a few years back, played it solid for about 6mo then got a bit fed up with the blame-game doing dungeons as a healer. There seems to be things for huge guilds to do, like occupying towns, but are there other aspects? are there benefits for being in a smaller guild?

Associate
Well, ive managed to add 5 C.pts without much trouble just doing a few new missions local to Velia, one sent me to Florin, at which point i figured i'd go check out Epheria, its much smaller than i was expecting, seems half the size of Velia, let alone Calpheon or Heidel. Ive bought 3/5 properties, all storage as ive not seen a point in them being anything else yet, and i think i need 6-7pts to get the final 2 buildings in the chain to get the lv3 ship building, and im heading back to Velia to remove some storage items and unclaim a few properties there.
Im not sure its a great idea to abandon Velia at this stage, and it looks as though any missions in & around Epheria are going to be much higher lv than im ready for, but it feels stupid working towards average stuff, when i can get better & higher property there. May well end up being a mistake, but i guess neither method is an issue when you can unclaim property and get a full refund on the C.pts, and losing a few coin on upgrades certainly isnt an issue.

I didnt have any Grunil items, so i either sold one or most likely saw it mentioned in chat or from googling stuff.

Associate
It seems as tho you're getting to grips with the game, there is a lot to it which is why i like it. Most people tend to have Heidel as there main storage area, i have all the nodes conected from Heidel all the way to Port Epheria, so i can basically harvest all the materials needed to build Fishing boats and send them via the transport system to get processed.

With this system i can potentially churn out a 1 fishing boat every 3 to 4 days. I don't often spend my enegery gathering, i normally invest my energy into a node to help me grind mobs for money, with my workers helping me to supplement my income. I generally make between 10-20 million a day using this method.

The Grunil armour set can be purchased at the market place, they normally sell for about 290,000 to 310,000 Silver, but that will see you all the way to 56+ until you can start farming world bosses. I don't currently have the internet at home at the moment otherwise I'd suggest adding me as a friend ingame.

Guilds do help with levelling as some guilds give bonuses to XP, also they do give you a wage that you can collect also. I'd suggest joining a small guild to help you learn the ways of the game, certainly makes the game more enjoyable!

Associate
Yeah, bit by bit more things are starting to make sense, though a lot of it kinda feels so impossible, but mainly because what im hearing about and seeing is more end-game, and my eyes are bigger than my stomach as they say. I probably need to focus on taking baby steps, walk before i run etc, and the comment about working from Heidel is probably exactly what i should be doing, each time i go from Velia to Epheria it feels like an eternity, and 'transport' isnt something ive figured out. I dont know if thats workers with horse & cart or a service i can buy, i've looked at it in the warehouses, but its empty and doesnt explain why, what it is, or how to get it - google i guess, it just isnt as helpful as i could be, and depite googling a hell of a lot, theres plenty i never get to, even in windowed mode and 3 screens meaning its barely an inconvenience, its just a 'ugggh, dont know, i'll deal with it later' cos i dont want to get side-tracked even more :D

I'll try and grab those armor items tonight, i think i have around 4.5m in gold & silver, and ive only bought what ive needed from shops, or crafted myself, so money hasnt been an issue, so to spend 1-2m on long-term armor i can use now makes a lot of sense. I can think of a few other Q's but i'll get the basic armor sorted first, google a little, and get your thoughts when the time comes.

Also, the Contribution pts, should i just be farming them on my main, or would i gain more pts doing it with an Alt or 2? I've hit 39pts iirc, roughly 20% of that gained last night and didnt gain a single rank. I'd imagine just connecting Heidel and Epheria would take 40pts before adding resource nodes or properties.

Hope you get your internet sorted soon, i'd have punched holes in many walls if i didnt have it to keep me occupied!! :D

Associate
Hope you get your internet sorted soon, i'd have punched holes in many walls if i didnt have it to keep me occupied!! :D

I hope so too, it's not until something has gone you realise how much you miss it lol!

What i did with my Main is i stuck to the main story quest (the black spirit quests), after i've done that and got to the soft cap (56) i then started levelling another character doing as many quests as possible in each town from Velia > Heidel > Glish > Calpheon etc i'd repeat this for as many characters as I wanted too.

I've done this on 3 or 4 characters and i currently have around 150 cp and 180 ep but i haven't yet progressed into the Desert yet!

I have left one of my characters at 49 though so he can gather materials/fish in peace without getting PK'd by other players ;), this is the character that i'm levelling my life skills with, rather than doing it on my main character.

Associate
Okay, so i finally got around to buying that armor. There were 2 types, the green 'unbranded' one, and then blue 'of XXXXXX' ones, the silver value was like <1% more for the blue, but the set perks seemed to be the same except the blues had '+2 Melee/Range/Magic reduction'. Im hoping that the blue was the right one to go with, that its a reduction in damage i'd take, and not a -2 being applied... but im not entirely sure and i google didnt help.
I bought the green chest and blue boots, gloves & helmet, mainly because i didnt think about it with the chest piece.

armor_comparison.jpg

Left is the mish-mash (Agerian Armor & Gloves, Brior Shoes, and Reblath Helmet), and the right is the Grunil gear (3x blue 'wall', 1x green regular chest piece).

If i have to flog any incorrect/inferior pieces and get the right ones, so be it. Im just confused AF about it :D I expected a set, with its set perks, would be a nice step up. The game is highlighting 4 'high rank' items in my inventory while the old stuff is in there :/

Besides that... Yet another day without hitting Lv31. I got to lv30 in 2 days iirc, days 3-5 nothing. But then ive not touched the quests, so i think XP is next to nothing right now, just a little combat here & there. Ive bought a few places in Heidel, but not sure whats ideal really. The chain im on is storage & lodging heavy (lv5 lodging in the 4th room) but its close to the Quarry so it makes some sense. Havent figured out how to use beer to recover their stamina (should google it) but Iron & copper seems a safe bet and they might as well do something.
I got a 5th one of those 5-part shards, had 4 in Epheria so made the trek there, built it, and was then greeted with the Lv50 minimum, 6d59min timer... Yey. I guess i could ask in chat, see if others will do it and share any loot, but its annoying... but 5 single stacks in storage till i hit Lv50 wasnt ideal either, but i assume i could have sold em, make em useful to me in a way this certainly isnt atm.

Last little thing... ive got 2 rewards ive left unclaimed which have the 4-way options of the EXP scrolls.
Combat 50% 1hr, Life 10% 1h, Skill 10%, Horse 20%. The 2nd is the same, without the horse option.
WTF is this 'Life Skill' stuff, you mentioned it yesterday... and is there one of those i should pick over the others?

Associate
Now you've got the Grunil armour set, you should start by enhancing it, you do this by speaking to your black spirit (pressing ","). Then click on the "Enhancement" option and slot in the armour and appropriate Black Stone, Enhance the armour to +5. Once you've done this you'll stop seeing that icon that says you've got higher level gear in your inventory.

With the Grunil armour set you are able to slot in "Magic Crystals" to increase movement, attack speed, casting speed etc. These can be purchased in the Marketplace too, be careful though as certain crystals can only be equipped in certain sockets. This will become clear when you are browsing the Marketplace. I find it best to go for the +2 items, for e.g. you can put two crystal's that add +2 movement into the Grunil shoes, this is something I do with all my characters!

The only difference between the different colours of the Grunil set is that it gives additional buff's, as you found out. These can be upgraded at a later date, normally it is easier to upgrade the green items to +15 onwards than the blue or orange versions (this is where I made a mistake).

Basically "Life Skill" is anything at the bottom of your Character screen (pressing "P") so Gathering, Processing, Cooking, and Fishing etc. So what you choose from the rewards depends on what you want to do at the time?

The way levelling works past level 10 the quests don't give you any experience (or very rarely) so the only way to level is by combat. That's maybe why levelling has slowed down for you, you can see good places to level marked on your map, if your level 30 I would either go to the Trolls, or the Bandit location.

What do you mean about the 5 part shard? do you mean a boss scroll?

Associate
Ah cool, seems like its not a big issue with the armors then. Am i better of going and grabbing the other 3 items in green tier? Money might become an issue later, and im certainly not making the 10m/day you mentioned previously, but with the daily reward things ive got about 5m worth of gold bars and it seems like the marketplace is really the only place to spent that sort of money.

2x +2 movement seems a good shout. What else should i be looking at for the other items? I've got about 10 of them spread over 3 warehouses currently i think, frequently seeing the fishing & hunting ones so not something i'd want in a primary set but perhaps creating an AFK fishing set it might be useful. I would check which ones i have, but it seems they're down for maintenance across EU_Olvia servers. I left my main doing laps around Heidel, hadnt got around to trying that, seems useful.

------------------------------
edit: its back, just as i posted.
Jump +25, Knockback 5%, Move +1, Acc +1, HP Rec +2, Karma +3%, then the Hunting & Fishing ones. At least theres one Movement (and i see thats now 2x +1 movement you were saying, not the 2x +2 i said).
------------------------------

Life skills makes sense now, those are definitely something ive enjoyed, but like you say, maybe thats best for an Alt instead. Im struggling to see a reason why i wouldnt keep playing BDO beyond having to buy it, and i cant quibble about it so far, so maybe i'll hold onto it for later on, its not going anywhere and isnt occupying an inventory slot like some stuff (ive no idea what to do with the Valentine pack that has 4 different items, i barely have room to hand in missions most of the time, let alone accept stupid items i cant put into storage or know what they're for). I think tonight i'll continue the main quest storyline and see what '+ inventory slot' missions are nearby along the way, but being in 3 cities is helping somewhat, even if 1 is miles away.

Yeah, the boss scroll is what i meant, whats annoying is i'd read earlier thats what it gave, and those shards were worth keeping, but it didnt explain they were useless till lv50 and have a 7d timer, only that its worth doing it with a group to share the benefits or something. I've got 5 in as many days, its not like its weeks of hoarding, its just annoying.

Random Q - Are all fishing locations considered heavily depleted (or whatever their term is), or is it because all the n00bs like me are around Velia so it has the most traffic. Epheria seems very quiet as a town, compared to Velia & Heidel, so im wondering if those are just particularly bad because its where all the low-levels join.

-- edit #2 --
Those farming areas, is Biraghi Den (30-33) the bandits? Theres a Bandits Den Byway next to it. Thats the one place ive died, and come close a few times cos of a stupid need to complete a random mission. Im sure they were highlighted as a threat to me. Blo-ody Monastery felt nice a few days ago, could aggro 6-8 and not be too concerned. That Den was a tightrope, i'd wipe 2-3 and they'd be respawning and aggro'ing straight back to me while trying to kill the nasty F'er. Orc Camp (27-31) looks like it might be a good bet, or maybe i'd be fine if i Enchant the new armor a few times.

Last edited:
Associate
Well the way I'm doing it at the moment is I have a character permanently in Epheria, Port Epheria is where I send all materials I've gathered, this is also a very good place to fish. So if I want to leave my character fishing I basically log onto that character and AFK Fish. That way I haven't got to move my main character away from where I'm grinding which at the moment is out near Tarif in Media.

Any items that I have for my character i.e. potions, drink, food etc. are all moved to my storage in Heidel, this is where I keep my beer too. The way you use beer is that you drag it to your personal inventory and left click on it (iirc), then brings up a new window where you can recover your workers.

That's the way I do things, I'm not sure if that is right myself it just seems the most logical, but I currently have 2 characters at level 56 and 3 ar 50 and another one stuck at 49.99% (this is the one I'm using to level life skills). As I found out while I was gathering materials on my main level 56 I got PK'd by another player for stealing "his" resources! So I don't gather on my mains any more.

People have tried to PK me on my 49 character but quickly realised they couldn't kill me, and then tried asking me to move channels lol.

Back
Top Bottom