• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Black Friday/cyber Monday - what would count as worth buying?

Associate
Bought the Sapphire 7900 XT Pulse.

Got it for under £700 (Paypal credit were offering £50 off, 4 months interest free, plus i'll sell the game code too).

I'm upgrading from a GeForce 970 GTX.
Was that an offer personal to you? Can't seem to find it after a quick search.

I basically have to switch to Nvidia from my trusty MBA 6700XT as iRacing in VR is far more suited to team green.

I can't bring myself to spend more than £500 for a 4070, or £600 for a 4070ti though, not sure if I'll be switching after all...

Was that an offer personal to you? Can't seem to find it after a quick search.

I basically have to switch to Nvidia from my trusty MBA 6700XT as iRacing in VR is far more suited to team green.

I can't bring myself to spend more than £500 for a 4070, or £600 for a 4070ti though, not sure if I'll be switching after all...

On checkout, select PayPal as your payment option.

Insert your PayPal credentials, you'll see the option to pay via PayPal credit. It'll then show you the deal on offer.

Associate
On checkout, select PayPal as your payment option.

Insert your PayPal credentials, you'll see the option to pay via PayPal credit. It'll then show you the deal on offer.

I'll take a look, thanks.

@OCUK_ at what point did the offer show up? I've got the to the 'continue to application' page, and haven't seen anything!

Last edited:
I'll take a look, thanks.

@OCUK_ at what point did the offer show up? I've got the to the 'continue to application' page, and haven't seen anything!

It's before the application screen. You'll see PayPal Credit or Pay in 3 option. The PayPal Credit option on that section will detail the deal i.e £50 off, 4 month interest free, etc.

Not sure if this deal was personal or applies to everyone mate.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Associate
It's before the application screen. You'll see PayPal Credit or Pay in 3 option. The PayPal Credit option on that section will detail the deal i.e £50 off, 4 month interest free, etc.

Not sure if this deal was personal or applies to everyone mate.

Cheers.

Looks like it might not be for everyone then, sad face.

The 7900xt for less than £700 is a good price, enjoy!

I paid £660 iirc for the MBA 6800xt on release, which the 7900xt is the successor to.

Associate
Speaking of black friday offers, something I was not at all expecting to see... an all time low price for the 7800X3D for £330.
Even here at OCUK.

Just so happened that this was the CPU I was planning on buying anyway, so I've put in my order.
Would've paid ~£30+ more at the prices it was going at yesterday.

Soldato
Speaking of black friday offers, something I was not at all expecting to see... an all time low price for the 7800X3D for £330.
Even here at OCUK.

Just so happened that this was the CPU I was planning on buying anyway, so I've put in my order.
Would've paid ~£30+ more at the prices it was going at yesterday.
Thx for the heads up, just ordered. Almost ordered the other day for £380!

Associate
Looks like it might not be for everyone then, sad face.

The 7900xt for less than £700 is a good price, enjoy!

I paid £660 iirc for the MBA 6800xt on release, which the 7900xt is the successor to.
Curious why you made the jump between 6800XT and 7900XT- the difference, (once you’ve overclocked the 6800xt to probably 6950xt level), is about 15%?

Last edited:
Associate
Curious why you made the jump between 6800XT and 7900XT- the difference, (once you’ve overclocked the 6800xt to probably 6950xt level), is about 15%?

I haven't, sorry if that didn't come across clearly.

I bought a MBA 6800XT on release, but needed to downgrade to a 6700XT.

I'm currently looking to switch to Nvidia.

I was basically saying that I think the 7900XT for roughly the same price as the 6800XT was on release, seems about right.

Associate
I haven't, sorry if that didn't come across clearly.

I bought a MBA 6800XT on release, but needed to downgrade to a 6700XT.

I'm currently looking to switch to Nvidia.

I was basically saying that I think the 7900XT for roughly the same price as the 6800XT was on release, seems about right.
Thanks sorry I misunderstood, showing some early signs of aging on my part! :)

Soldato
Better to buy a 4090 now, as stocks are flying off the shelves with those low low prices... I mean seriously, OCUK is being overwhelmed!

:D
The current shortage is probably due to China and Nvidia rushing to beat the implementation of the tech embargo expansion.

Whatever is manufactured going forwared will have to be sold to a smaller market, so Nvidia will have to make and sell fewer 4090's to maintain the higher margins, or lower prices to maintain volume and total profit.

Back
Top Bottom