• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Black Friday/cyber Monday - what would count as worth buying?

Soldato
the UK black friday has always been a scam, prices always rise before, only to drop back down on BF, problem is a lot of uk consumers are uninformed muppets, they see a saving and think its a bargain, have worked in sales and retail for over 30yrs and we always laugh at queues on BF, they will buy anything that has a discount, funny thing is that a load of products come back as they realised they been scammed days later :cry:

Last edited:
Associate
the UK black friday has always been a scam, prices always rise before, only to drop back down on BF, problem is a lot of uk consumers are uninformed muppets, they see a saving and think its a bargain, have worked in sales and retail for over 30yrs and we always laugh at queues on BF, they will buy anything that has a discount, funny thing is that a load of products come back as they realised they been scammed days later :cry:
Nah if you know what you after then it's one of the best time to buy. Some things like fridges and freezers and monitors are cheaper in the black Friday sales then they ever have been

Soldato
Nah if you know what you after then it's one of the best time to buy. Some things like fridges and freezers and monitors are cheaper in the black Friday sales then they ever have been
dont get me wrong, there are bargains, but a tiny percentage compared to the the mass market of so called deals, if you know your stuff you will find a bargain

Soldato
The first couple of years when it really took off in the UK it was alright, now its mostly just rubbish as you say. Retailers dont even try to hide it these days, prices are blatantly rising up to the event outside of a few items. The 7800x3d deal is the best I've seen, even at the non drunk price of £350 its good.

Soldato
I'm hoping to find a deal on a 5800X3D (maybe around £270) but I'm not optimistic given how many people are still on AM4 and the overall demand for them.

Black Friday is the day your local supermarket will sell you a no name 55" LCD TV for £300. I don't get it personally, don't most of us have a flat screen TV? There must to a market for this as I'm always seeing people walking out of Tesco with carrying a massive box with an even bigger grin on their faces as if they had just won the pools or something.

Last edited:
Associate
I'm pretty gutted there's been no good deals about. The ps5 refresh isnt coming till at least next year so will stand pat for a year longer.

Associate
Me too. £329 is the best price I've seen for a 7800X3D. Glad I got it for that price.

Just need a power supply and a case now.
What PSU are you looking for?

I'm also buying up parts for my build and ordered a 750W fully modular 80+ Gold Corsair PSU for £80, even though it's telling me it'll take till January to ship form where I ordered.
Look up Corsair RM750e, couple of places have it for £80 if you need a 750W.

As for case, that's more personal preference. But feel free to DM or ask if you need help finding one.
The case I'm looking for did hit an all time low (saving at least 20 quid) a few days ago but I missed it and it went back up.
Hopefully it'll go back down in the next few days.

Associate
That usually happens with models that are being replaced with new ones. Doesn't mean the ones going away are bad but they aren't the newest anymore, hence the justified price drop.

What PSU are you looking for?

I'm also buying up parts for my build and ordered a 750W fully modular 80+ Gold Corsair PSU for £80, even though it's telling me it'll take till January to ship form where I ordered.
Look up Corsair RM750e, couple of places have it for £80 if you need a 750W.

As for case, that's more personal preference. But feel free to DM or ask if you need help finding one.
The case I'm looking for did hit an all time low (saving at least 20 quid) a few days ago but I missed it and it went back up.
Hopefully it'll go back down in the next few days.

I'm going for this PSU:

And the Antec Performance 1 for the case. Sadly OCUK don't stock it.

Man of Honour
Good price for the 7800x3D, despite its strong gaming performance I think personally I'd pay the extra for the 14700K though for overall more balanced performance unless building a system purely for gaming.

Caporegime
Good price for the 7800x3D, despite its strong gaming performance I think personally I'd pay the extra for the 14700K though for overall more balanced performance unless building a system purely for gaming.
The X3D is tempting but I already have a 13700K, bit pointless to switch. May as well wait for Zen5 :)

OcUK Staff
7800x3d back at 329, pricing mistake again ? :) would be good to see some on gpus!

Just trying to give the community a great deal, it’s break even for us so it’s not really sustainable but it’s far easier to sell a CPU at break even compared to say a GPU.

End of the day we are cheapest and in stock so grab one because after December 16th they shall be back at £379 or higher.

Back
Top Bottom