• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Black Friday/cyber Monday - what would count as worth buying?

Soldato
Honestly these prices are miserable, we had better prices before, prices slowly creeped up just so they could be cut for BF and even then I could swear the Sapphire Pulse cards were even lower than that last time they were on offer.

Any slither of hope I had has now evaporated I'm just going to skip this generation now.
only hope and boy its a slim hope is that Nvidia go with aggressive pricing for the super/ti refreshes, in turn will force AMD to lower theirs, its less than a wafer thin hope i reckon, its more borderline insanity for even thinking it :cry:

Associate
only hope and boy its a slim hope is that Nvidia go with aggressive pricing for the super/ti refreshes, in turn will force AMD to lower theirs, its less than a wafer thin hope i reckon, its more borderline insanity for even thinking it :cry:
actor-jason-statham-not-a-chance.gif

Last edited:
Associate

Ill be honest i've never felt so lethargic over a generation of tech before. The sad thing is I came in wanting to buy a new GPU, normally im even more focused on tech when it's a generation i'm intended to buy, it's impressive in a way that both companies have managed to destroy that ha.

Associate
Ill be honest i've never felt so lethargic over a generation of tech before. The sad thing is I came in wanting to buy a new GPU, normally im even more focused on tech when it's a generation i'm intended to buy, it's impressive in a way that both companies have managed to destroy that ha.
So true... I really need to upgrade but GPU market is just so bad it's insane. BF was my last hope to get something decent but seems like discount to prices bit higher than there were few months ago is best you can get at the moment.

Associate
I've been wanting to upgrade my 5700xt for a while but paying 470 for a 6800xt/7800xt just doesn't sit right. 7900xt is appealing but a worse value proposition if 730 is the BF floor. No GPU upgrade no point in doing the cpu/mobo/ram either. What's a guy supposed to spend money on this BF?

Associate
I’ve seen a 2tb SN850X for £109.

That’s a bargain.
You can actually get a Seagate Firecuda 530 2TB for less than the WD right now (Seagate has 3 years free data recovery and supposedly wears better than the WD).

*Edit* sold out :( you can get the one with the heat sink for £2 more than the WD.

Last edited:
Associate
reason for high gpu's mainly mid to lower is gamers buying the bloody things, if they didnt buy then prices would fall, simple economics, apart from corporate greed, aka AMD/nvidia, especially the later
You can’t run a pc without a graphics card and if your budget is not very high then what choice do people have than buy mid tier stuff.

Last edited:
Associate
I doubt it would make any difference now, they'd just make less cards for gamers. If you hold off for the market to change, you'll be waiting a long time (if ever).
To be fair, I thought the same, but according to Reuters, half of Nvidia profit comes from gaming and thus, one has to assume that profit margins in graphics card sales would be at the very forefront of Nvidia's thinking. If their profits; - and subsequently their shares were to experiences a contraction, then they would absolutely react.

Man of Honour
To be fair, I thought the same, but according to Reuters, half of Nvidia profit comes from gaming and thus, one has to assume that profit margins in graphics card sales would be at the very forefront of Nvidia's thinking. If their profits; - and subsequently their shares were to experiences a contraction, then they would absolutely react.
Yeah, I did check that before my post (what I saw said 4x% something), but there's massive growth in AI/datacentre markets and gaming isn't shrinking. They're still selling everything they can make (even at the high-end). A few rebel gamers are just a drop in the ocean.

If I needed a card and saw a decent BF deal, I'd just buy it.

Associate
Yeah, I did check that before my post (what I saw said 4x% something), but there's massive growth in AI/datacentre markets and gaming isn't shrinking. They're still selling everything they can make (even at the high-end). A few rebel gamers are just a drop in the ocean.

If I needed a card and saw a decent BF deal, I'd just buy it.
I'm guessing there is a lot of over business/r&d synergy. Seeing as Nvidia own 80 to 95% of the AI market - I'd say, people whom bet on DLSS, are good to go.

On a side note, I'd love to know how much Nvidia actually invest into "gaming" arm of their enterprise. I may go look for it.

Back
Top Bottom