Black Mesa Source

Soldato
:mad: Dammit - I think my space bar is toying with me...

HL_BM_Jump.jpg

:p

Associate
Just checked over it and there is nothing on there, also only happens when its on full power, weird thing is, is that it worked the first time and I died going through the vent and now it doesn't work... should have saved but then again the game should work.

Happened to me....just reload old save and smash boxes again and then mine was fine....

Soldato
The crouch jump thing hasnt really bothered me, infact after the first few times it became second nature again, mibbe played too much the first time round

Not had a chance to play today but off work for the next 2 days so should make it to the end

Great mod, they should allow a donation of some sort, even to charity

A wee LOL at those complaining at the ladders, you go do better and give it away for free!....with no funding.....in your own time...

Says a lot for PC gaming, you get this, for FREE, this quality, the time put into this for zero profit, and still you complain

Last edited:
Caporegime
A wee LOL at those complaining at the ladders, you go do better and give it away for free!....with no funding.....in your own time...

Says a lot for PC gaming, you get this, for FREE, this quality, the time put into this for zero profit, and still you complain

Just because it's free doesn't mean you can't praise it as well as criticise it :confused:

Soldato
If its free and you don't like it there's an un-install button, just move on, they owe you nothing!

Dont go whining about why this and that dont work, have some respect for the people who made this, otherwise why will they ever bother in the future

The two biggest games of the year have potential to be freebies, this and Day-Z, hope the big Devs take note

Sure criticise, but only if you can offer something better, Is the original better than this???

Mibbe someone will do a side by side walkthru on youtube, could be interesting

Last edited:
Soldato
Sure criticise, but only if you can offer something better

That is the most ridiculous argument in history.

People should feel to free to criticize what they feel deserves criticism, the only way anything gets better is by having it's flaws highlighted.

You may have noticed that practically the only criticism anyone has for the game is that ladders are bid dodgy.

Ladders.

Does that strike you as the kind of thing people REALLY care about? Doesn't the fact that that is the only criticism being repeated do the game a great service? Gamers tend to have pretty high standards, in the case of much loves IP even more so.

We all LOVE the game, that should be obvious, we applaud the devs for creating it and especially for distributing it for free.

Dont go whining

Oddly enough gizmoy, the only person who seems to be whining is you.

Associate
The blast pit bit with the tentacle monster is definitely broken.. I could only get through the area reliably by running full sprint through it.

I don't like the change they made to the tentacles behaviour. In hl1 you could lob a grenade to distract it and then sneak past whilst it calmly tapped around trying to find you.

Caporegime
If its free and you don't like it there's an un-install button, just move on, they owe you nothing!

Dont go whining about why this and that dont work, have some respect for the people who made this, otherwise why will they ever bother in the future

The two biggest games of the year have potential to be freebies, this and Day-Z, hope the big Devs take note

Sure criticise, but only if you can offer something better, Is the original better than this???

Mibbe someone will do a side by side walkthru on youtube, could be interesting

You seem lack some fairly basic concepts.

1. You don't have to be able to do something better to criticize something. This is why I can watch a film like Prometheus and find flaws in it.

2. Value is not at all relevant when it comes to criticism, just because something is free it doesn't mean it automatically gets 100% perfect scores

3. People aren't whining, they're highlighting a weak point in the mod that has been brought up by a lot of people.

4. As shocking as this may come to you, it's possible to enjoy something but still be aware of the flaws in it, so they're not going to "uninstall it and move on" just because you say so.

Now perhaps we can go back to this topic of discussion as this is a discussion board?

Soldato
2 posts not much whining..... ive said the game is great, just a shame as usual people focus on the negatives without really thinking how much has gone into this

cool back on discussion! Cause at some point I obviously wasn't discussing my point of view on the game
ya know cause you say so ;)

Last edited:
Associate
Is it me, or is the Secound Train ride, setting up rocket, an launching it been severly shortened?

An I have this nagging feeling?
Is there a Gravity Gun, hidden in plain sight, but just out of reach! :D
- I know its not part of HL1, but just make reference to it!

Off Topic:

You have played Kerbal Space Program?
Not Free, but has a wicked Demo.

Back
Top Bottom