BMW and M Power Owners

Associate
14 m135i and oneplus, i did have that written but for some reason deleted it when spell checking aha.

I guess maybe it had some upgraded suspension, or maybe if it had different springs put in it would be not "m" suspension?

Man of Honour
It just needs coding thats all.

They stopped doing it on the later cars, my 2015 has Bluetooth streaming as standard but doesn't have EBT.

Caporegime
wondering if anyones able to give a bit of advice regarding alloys and offset sizes. Looking to change to 20 inch alloys on a bmw f01 730d. the oem 20 alloy specs are
front 8.5Jx20 ET25 |
rear 10Jx20 ET41

Ive seen a set that are
front 8.5 x 20 offset 33
rear 9.5 x 20 offset 44

am I right in thinking that the change in offset just means the newer alloys will stick out further so its a matter of trying them on the car to see how much they stick out and if it looks okay or not

8.5 ET25 will stick out further than 8.5 ET33, and 10 ET41 stick out further than 9.5 ET44. So you might need spacers as well, to make Fox even more sick. :D

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
It just needs coding thats all.

They stopped doing it on the later cars, my 2015 has Bluetooth streaming as standard but doesn't have EBT.

Thanks thats good to know.

Just need to think on the m sport suspension delete.

I presume the car has softer suspension? Ride height looks the same .

Soldato
You can code BT streaming as mentioned, but it sounds like you're getting confused with Spotify via 'App Interface' which is only available on iPhone. You got proper app integration, search browse etc. inside iDrive. iOS master race only ;).

Associate
8.5 ET25 will stick out further than 8.5 ET33, and 10 ET41 stick out further than 9.5 ET44. So you might need spacers as well, to make Fox even more sick. :D

thanks the site mentioned earlier gave me an idea. Ive decided to leave them and look for a different style. will hopefully post some pics once I find the right pair

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
You can code BT streaming as mentioned, but it sounds like you're getting confused with Spotify via 'App Interface' which is only available on iPhone. You got proper app integration, search browse etc. inside iDrive. iOS master race only ;).

If I had an iPhone there would be no issues. They demonstrated Spotify from iPhone to me. Quite annoying but if I can enable EBT then that should do the trick and allow me to control and see/play music via the car.

So thinking about the fact this car has m sport suspension deletion. Does this mean it has the same suspension as all the non-M sport models? When I test drove it, it didn't feel wallowy or soft. The ride height also looks the same as M Sport to my eyes.

Associate
As Chris1712 said, it's likely you need to be a sheep in order to search and have full app control, but as i said I can stream, skip, restart and have album artwork and stuff up on the screen using the control wheel without having EBT, unless someone has coded it in prior to me owning it!

Regarding the suspension, i don't think anyone here can tell you as it may be specific to that car, call the dealer and ask what it means exactly!

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
I think EBT was an option on the 4 series, just not common. It was then at a later date not required to stream audio as Fox mentioned.

I'm going to speak to the dealer this morning and see if they can explain the suspension.

Soldato
I’ve not driven an SE which is what I assume your equivalent suspension is. I suspect the ride height will be the same as it would look super weird any higher, maybe there’s more of this chart somewhere?

lVOuTu2.jpg

Certainly with my 35iS in ‘Comfort’ the handling is more than adequate unless you’re really hooning. I’d hazard a guess that Z4 se will be somewhere around 3/4 MSport in terms of hardness, just from anecdotal experience of my E86/F31/E89 ownership.

Man of Honour
The car is a 4 series not a Z4, M Sport suspension deletion removes the M Sport springs and dampers which increases the ride height.

For more info look at discussion around the 35d, its Xdrive only and thus didn't have M Sport suspension either and much has been said on the subject on pistonheads etc.

Soldato
I'm doing my research on the E63 6 series and something I'm confused about is the rear tyre wear. Some say it can be sorted by decent alignment, others say it can be fixed with a camber adjustment kit, others seem to think it's the price you for handling :confused:... what gives? Can the excessive wear be negated?

Soldato
Some kind soul decided to reverse into my stationary car at a petrol station today. Ruined the tyre (big gash down the side - went flat within 10 seconds), scuffed/scraped the front left part of the front bumper and dinged the wheel arch panel. It's currently with BMW assistance and will be dropped off tomorrow for assessment. The lady admitted liability immediately and a lovely chap fuelling his car (in a nice RS I might add) watched the entire thing so he offered me his details.

Just out of interest, any idea what kind of repair and costs are involved here? Presumably it's going to be a new tyre, bumper respray/smart repair and whatever is involved to sort the ding out above the arch. Pictures below:

4OZrlB4.jpg

6KeMkuR.jpg

Lady wants to go down the non-insurance route which is all well and good, especially since I would rather not suffer an increased premium due to a non-fault claim. However, I think her attitude may change when a daft repair bill from BMW lands at her door. Off the top of my head I'm guessing:

MPSS: £200 (dealer prices obviously)
Bumper: £100-200 for a smart repair?
Crease/ding on arch: no idea
Labour for checking internals/other damage etc

I can see this approaching £750-£1k surely?

Soldato
Assuming it's going to be done by a BMW approved body shop I would expect approx. ~£1000-1500 if the wing needs painting.

I had a rear door ding repaired on mine which needed paint at BMW approved repairer. Total price was ~£900. Fortunately I was in the car when it happened so I got the guys details and it was done through his insurer.

Soldato
Assuming it's going to be done by a BMW approved body shop I would expect approx. ~£1000-1500 if the wing needs painting.

I had a rear door ding repaired on mine which needed paint at BMW approved repairer. Total price was ~£900

Yeah it's going to a BMW approved shop tomorrow. I think the paint is completely untouched on the wing, it's just creased. The scuff is just on the bumper.

Associate
I would think that 1-1500 would be the lower end of the estimate tbh. Since it's bmw approved i wouldn't be surprised if they invoiced a new wing if they can get the crease out, over filling in a pulled out crease. Is it definite there is no alloy wheel damage also, and only the tyre was damaged?

Still sucks man, is that an m135i?

Soldato
The problem is that I suspect to get the wing looking perfect again it will need a thin film of filler, which will mean sanding & painting. If they can get it 100% without paint that of course that's better.

Fingers crossed, the cheaper it is the more likely it will be paid privately!

I would think that 1-1500 would be the lower end of the estimate tbh. Since it's bmw approved i wouldn't be surprised if they invoiced a new wing if they can get the crease out, over filling in a pulled out crease. Is it definite there is no alloy wheel damage also, and only the tyre was damaged?

Still sucks man, is that an m135i?

Yeah, LCI M135i.

I couldn't see any damage at the time and after checking the pictures there doesn't seem to be anything major. I think her bumper narrowly missed the wheel and just took a gauge out of the tyre.

Back
Top Bottom