1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BMW and M Power Owners

Discussion in 'Motors' started by panthro, Apr 12, 2012.

1. [TW]Fox

Man of Honour

The F30 interior is a low point for BMW imho.

2. arfoll

Wise Guy

I dont think it was too bad when it first came out but it now seems long in the tooth.

Yeah but minimum still seems pretty bright at night. I don't really get why I need to have my radio buttons lit up all the time :/ getting old, I want a saab ''dark" button

3. Simon

Capodecina

Turned up at Reading for my heater motor recall and visual inspection service which was apparently whilst I wait.

Need the car all day and now had to get a mate to pick me up

Don’t like the vibe of this place and reminds me why I dislike dealers. JLR felt much nicer when I went there for the evoque service.

Got the i8 roadster here which is quite nice but the rest of the tang all seem to have black interiors and the leather looks quite plastic compared to the E92. What changed ?

4. [TW]Fox

Man of Honour

You have an M3 with Nappa leather. This has never been standard on the normal range. The regular e92 had the same leather as the current range.

5. Simon

Capodecina

The 2 series stuff looks plastic though. Although I’m not sure about the 2 series convertible with suede ?!

6. [TW]Fox

Man of Honour

That's Dakota leather for you. Not great but nothing new.

7. arfoll

Wise Guy

I actually find the Dakota leather in my g30 much softer than it was in the f22... And the Dakota leather in a friend's g01 felt different again (much smoother, less texture). All things considered my butt cares very little once I'm in them :)

8. [TW]Fox

Man of Honour

The G01 has Nappa as standard not Dakota.

9. arfoll

Wise Guy

At least not the case in Germany, where Vernasca not Dakota/Nappa is used and merino for the individual options.

Guess we where both wrong ;) but makes sense as it was very different in look to Dakota.

10. VincentHanna

Capodecina

Right - Dilemma time

I will soon be selling my 2013 BMW 530D Touring MSport Automatic

80,000 miles
    19" Wheels
    Black Dakota Leather
    Pro Nav
    Reversing Camera + Park Distance Control
    Electric Sports Seats with heating and memory
    Fine woodgrain
    Adaptive Xenon lights

It has a small(ish) scratch on the drivers door and some slight stone chips and alloy wheel damage

WeBuyAnyCar's "offer" is ridiculously low

Autotrader reckons nearly 13k based on the spec/mileage

Realistically, what am I likely to be able to get on a private sale? And are Gumtree and Ebay the best options? 12.5K would be nice.

11. Scania

Capodecina

Smart repair on the door and getting the wheels refurbished would be my first move if I wanted a decent price, wrong time of year to sell though imo.

I’ve sold admittedly much cheaper cars on Gumtree without any issues, Autotrader, PistonHeads etc would be my other options.

12. VincentHanna

Capodecina

Really? Do people expect a 5 1/2 year old car with 80,000+ miles on it to be in showroom condition?

13. [TW]Fox

Man of Honour

I think people expect a 13 grand car to be in good condition rather than showroom condition so if it can be fixed cheaply then why not?

It was a trade value of about 13k so 12.5k seems very low to me.

14. VincentHanna

Capodecina

You think it's worth 14? I really don't know.

15. Scania

Capodecina

It’s as simple as this, if I’m in the market for such a car at ballpark £13k and I’m looking at two similar examples one is yours with door damage and scuffed wheels the other is unmarked by comparison then which one would I buy?

~ £13k isn’t much to some buyers but certainly for me if I was spending that amount on a car I’d not expect to then have to rectify damage, the odd stone chip here or there is to be expected but that’s where I’d draw the line.

16. VincentHanna

Capodecina

Annoyingly, the door scratch was just suddenly there when I came back to the car in a public car park with no CCTV :(

17. Scania

Capodecina

Say you can get a smart repair on the door for ballpark £200 and the wheels for £200 then that’s a £400 outlay, with the existing damage it’s probably worth trade or a bit more but fixed surely a lot more than that, and certainly way more than the £400 outlay.

I’d at least explore the costs of getting it fixed prior to advertising.

You may well get 14 but not at this time of year I’d guess.

18. 200sols

Wise Guy

Perhaps more surprising is people will pay £14k for a 5year old diesel with 80k miles on :eek:

19. [TW]Fox

Man of Honour

Why is that surprising? It was 50k new.

20. wingman

Mobster

What do you estimate it's market value at?