BMW and M Power Owners

Man of Honour
The app is called My BMW now. It is part of Connected Drive, which is the name BMW use for all of the connected features.

The level of functionality you'll get is dependant on which car you have, but you can remote view the Surround View cameras on the current range and the later versions of the previous 5 Series, too.

You can also lock the car, unlock the car, send things to the navigation and depending on the car you have, view things like current fuel range, the status of the doors and windows, tyre pressures..

Last edited:

TS7

TS7

Soldato
Thanks for the reply. Any idea where in the app I'd find the remote view?

The car is a F90 M5

The app shows:

Current Fuel & Range
Lock/Unlock/Lights/Plan Ventillation
Vehicle Finder
Vehicle Information
Vehicle Settings
ConnectedDrive Store

Is there something I need to activate?

Soldato

The car is a F90 M5

The app shows:

Current Fuel & Range
Vehicle Finder
Vehicle Information
Vehicle Settings
ConnectedDrive Store

I have an F90 M5 as well and in MyBMW it says it’s part of the connected booster package which is £89 a year in the connected drive store

Reactions: TS7
Don
That's not normal windscreen washer fluid pressure, is it? I topped it up 2L after noticing the low pressure yesterday, but it's still the same. I am embarrassed to say that I cannot remember how far up the screen the jet normally reaches

Looks highly likely that the filter on the washer pump is very nearly blocked.

It's a common issue on BMW and Mini, supposedly caused by mixing of BMW's screenwash and the more readily available types, which causes it to congeal and block the thimble sized filter.

Soldato
Soldato
Any F series owners had sticky handbrakes?
When driving off there is a loud squealing. Dealer temporarily rectified this at the 5th visit(!!) with new brake shoes, however issue has returned.

I am loathe to visit again and have to pay the £250 excess just for them to not fix it again.

Man of Honour

The car is a F90 M5

The app shows:

Current Fuel & Range
Vehicle Finder
Vehicle Information
Vehicle Settings
ConnectedDrive Store

What year is the car?

Soldato
Looks highly likely that the filter on the washer pump is very nearly blocked.

It's a common issue on BMW and Mini, supposedly caused by mixing of BMW's screenwash and the more readily available types, which causes it to congeal and block the thimble sized filter.
I haven't mixed mine yet mine has the same symptoms. What a naff design.

If they put the filter in a place where it was easily accessible it wouldn't t be a such a B of a job.

Last edited:
Soldato
Pretty peed off with BMW Inchcape Chelmsford. Bought my 6GT on 29 May. They said their software was playing up and they couldn’t print the invoice, but they would email it to me. I still haven’t received it.

As well the warranty docs came through but with wrong address. I emailed back asking for it to be changed on 30th May. No response.

I realised on 1 June, that the advert said Display Key, and I only received 2 standard keys. As well I’m interested in the BMW Dash Cam. Enquire via their ‘contact us’ form about the key and dash cam on the website. No reply.

I emailed on 3rd June asking for the invoice, no response.

I again emailed today, detailing:
1. Invoice
2. Display Key
3. Incorrect address
4. Dash Cam.

Still no response. At this point I’m tempted to email the central BMW customer service and make a complaint, can’t find a complaints email for Inchcape BMW. It’s just rude to ignore emails over 10 days.

Soldato
These things are far better dealt with by speaking to somebody. Have you tried just calling the salesman you dealt with? I don't think I'd be dealing with things like this using a Contact Us form.
3 of them were emails direct to the salesman. Only 1 was via the form. Of course when I was a prospective buyer, emails were promptly responded to.

Frankly it doesn’t matter how I contact them. It’s being wilfully ignored.

TS7

TS7

Soldato
Pretty peed off with BMW Inchcape Chelmsford. Bought my 6GT on 29 May. They said their software was playing up and they couldn’t print the invoice, but they would email it to me. I still haven’t received it.

As well the warranty docs came through but with wrong address. I emailed back asking for it to be changed on 30th May. No response.

I realised on 1 June, that the advert said Display Key, and I only received 2 standard keys. As well I’m interested in the BMW Dash Cam. Enquire via their ‘contact us’ form about the key and dash cam on the website. No reply.

I emailed on 3rd June asking for the invoice, no response.

I again emailed today, detailing:
1. Invoice
2. Display Key
3. Incorrect address
4. Dash Cam.

Still no response. At this point I’m tempted to email the central BMW customer service and make a complaint, can’t find a complaints email for Inchcape BMW. It’s just rude to ignore emails over 10 days.
Interesting. I purchased a used approved from Sytner just over a week ago and there is no warranty paperwork. When I enquired I was told the warranty is all linked to the key and VIN and that I'll receive a letter from BMW in about 10 months time with a renewal quote.

Man of Honour
Pre LCI 20'

I think this is something that requires iDrive 7 to do, although some of the 2020 cars did have an early version of this I don't know if they'll support this feature or not.

You can see how it works if you open the app, go to the garage and select one of the demonstration cars.

Reactions: TS7
Man of Honour
Interesting. I purchased a used approved from Sytner just over a week ago and there is no warranty paperwork. When I enquired I was told the warranty is all linked to the key and VIN and that I'll receive a letter from BMW in about 10 months time with a renewal quote.

I have also never had warranty paperwork when buying an approved used car, other than a leaflet with some terms and conditions.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom