BMW and M Power Owners

In that case it looks like I'll have to take out a new policy at the higher rate when the AUC Warranty finishes, rather than renewing at the reduced rate (due to being two separate products). Noted, thank you.
I bought an AUC and got a insured warranty letter through just before the year ended. I kept the same policy number.

In that case it looks like I'll have to take out a new policy at the higher rate when the AUC Warranty finishes, rather than renewing at the reduced rate (due to being two separate products). Noted, thank you.
You can buy Insured Warranty at the discounted rate when the AUC runs out, you should get a letter in the post offering it toward the end of the AUC cover.

Take into account the extended warranty is with a 3rd party and they will be looking for any way out an expensive claim like any other warranty company. I'd personally try and find another car with a perfect service history if you want a hassle free warranty experience.

I was helping my father in law get a second hand Range Rover and he wanted to maintain a warranty through out after his last one fell to pieces. Due to covid loads had late services and in the end we got from the LR warranty company that there is nothing stopping you from taking out the warranty if it passes the pre warranty checks however the late services may be taken into account on any claims and may affect them. Ended up with one from a dealer with a spot on service history on the original warranty for a few months then onto the approved used that can be extended.

Amber OK's are within BMW AUC tolerance (I've had this discussion with them several times). I can't recall from my old M4, but I assume the 2 year/18k mile counter doesn't reset at the Running In Service then...

As mentioned, you can just extend the AUC warranty into the extended warranty, it's all covered by the same process (though it's worth noting the AUC warranty is slightly better than the insured warranty).

Take into account the extended warranty is with a 3rd party and they will be looking for any way out an expensive claim like any other warranty company. I'd personally try and find another car with a perfect service history if you want a hassle free warranty experience.

I was helping my father in law get a second hand Range Rover and he wanted to maintain a warranty through out after his last one fell to pieces. Due to covid loads had late services and in the end we got from the LR warranty company that there is nothing stopping you from taking out the warranty if it passes the pre warranty checks however the late services may be taken into account on any claims and may affect them. Ended up with one from a dealer with a spot on service history on the original warranty for a few months then onto the approved used that can be extended.

The BMW Insured Warranty is much better than your typical third party warranty. They almost certainly wouldn't flag up any issues due to that service being slightly late.

I bought an AUC and got a insured warranty letter through just before the year ended. I kept the same policy number.
Noted, cheers.

I bought my M135i through AUC and I honestly can't remember what came through after the first year of ownership (it was 7 years ago admittedly).

I appreciate the comments about buying new instead of used. I know I'm being far too anal and overthinking a used car purchase, but this will be my first proper M car so I'm trying act rationally, go into it with my eyes open and not get pulled into buying something when I'm not 100% comfortable. Admittedly it's quite difficult when you drive something that puts a massive smile on your face, ticks all the boxes and you have a fear of that car never coming up for sale again :D

Last edited:
Noted, cheers.

I bought my M135i through AUC and I honestly can't remember what came through after the first year of ownership (it was 7 years ago admittedly).

I appreciate the comments about buying new instead of used. I know I'm being far too anal and overthinking a used car purchase, but this will be my first proper M car so I'm trying act rationally, go into it with my eyes open and not get pulled into buying something when I'm not 100% comfortable. Admittedly it's quite difficult when you drive something that puts a massive smile on your face, ticks all the boxes and you have a fear of that car never coming up for sale again :D
There are lots of M2C about, I wouldn't honestly get drawn to that specific car. It may take another 2-3 months, but if you aren't comfortable with the S/H then I would just sack it off and wait for another

Reactions: mjt
Anyone got a recommendation for decent quality car mats (2020 g20)? My car has the blue/red trim on the seat-belts/etc, but came with no mats!

Looking to get something with the red blue stitching and from a company someone has bought from before that are not just paper thin scratchy mats :D

Last edited:
Anyone got a recommendation for decent quality car mats (2020 g20)? My car has the blue/red trim on the seat-belts/etc, but came with no mats!

Looking to get something with the red blue stitching and from a company someone has bought from before that are not just paper thin scratchy mats :D

I'd just get the black OEM BMW mats, they're usually the best by far.

i just use rubber from now easyily cleaned.

A few weeks ago while driving home I heard a sort of pop sound, looked in the rear view mirror and saw smoke, the dash said there was a drivetrain error so drive slowly.

I drove very slowly (20mph max) but the engine started to sound like a bag of bolts, I pulled over at the side of the road and after turning the engine off it wouldn't start again, called the AA and when they showed up about 2 hours later the guy said it looked like the hose on the intercooler had blown off, there was oil all over the front of the car. The car was stuck in P and he couldn't move it so he left and called another tow company, they arrived about 3 hours after that and got me home, pretty much 6 hours after I broke down.

The car has since gone into my local garage who fitted a turbo and intercooler, it now starts but still sounds like a bag of bolts so is being driven nowhere.

I'm not sure how much further I want to go with it, I called a few engine rebuilders and one place seemed quite good, good reviews on their work etc, I'm just not sure I want to go down that road (no pun honest), currently waiting on them looking at the car which will take an age, no price given until they can look at it which is fair enough, main problem is they are booked solid for about 6 weeks.

I'm already £1400 in on a 2016 330d xdrive, should I cut my losses, if so WTF do I do with the car, scrap value I guess? Should I see what the repairs will cost, I guess it costs nothing to find out other than a few hundred more in towing costs and time.

Sorry you guys are probably going to rip me for driving it the few hundred metres I did, just not sure how to proceed, I'm half in the mind of whatever it costs to repair should be less than it's worth, then again can I be bothered with all the hassle of having the car dragged all over only to be told it's knackered.

I'm already £1400 in on a 2016 330d xdrive, should I cut my losses, if so WTF do I do with the car, scrap value I guess? Should I see what the repairs will cost, I guess it costs nothing to find out other than a few hundred more in towing costs and time.
Running it's a £10k car, so even if you spend another £2k on it, it's no doubt better than whatever you would get for it as spares/repairs.

Rough running could be a lot of things, including Timing being out, but without either reading codes or physical inspection for any damage, difficult to make much diagnosis.

What's the mileage? The N57 is a solid engine so that's unlucky.

Ideally your local garage shouldn't start replacing and fitting things until they know what's wrong with it - seems a good way to spend endless amounts of money chasing different issues.

No full BMWSH? Would have been worth approaching them first if it was, for some sort of goodwill gesture.

What's the mileage? The N57 is a solid engine so that's unlucky.

Ideally your local garage shouldn't start replacing and fitting things until they know what's wrong with it - seems a good way to spend endless amounts of money chasing different issues.

No full BMWSH? Would have been worth approaching them first if it was, for some sort of goodwill gesture.
Around 60k or just over that.

Was full BMWSH until mid last year....another bad decision by me to just get it serviced locally. Honestly I'm a disaster zone.

There are lots of M2C about, I wouldn't honestly get drawn to that specific car. It may take another 2-3 months, but if you aren't comfortable with the S/H then I would just sack it off and wait for another
I don't doubt that other M2Cs will come up at some point in the future, but finding one in the right colour, spec, mileage and budget from AUC will be a difficult challenge. I just know I'll have to compromise on something, either colour, mileage or budget, to end up in a car.

Up to £36k (my budget is £35k), sub 30k miles, DCT, Sunset Orange or Long Beach Blue = 1 car currently available on AUC, which is the car in question. If I up that to £38k with the view to negotiate down to £35k, 3 cars available - Sunset Orange £37,490, Long Beach Blue £36,383 (it's bordering on 30k miles so would rather avoid) and Long Beach Blue £37,495. Newer cars admittedly but all above budget. Highly doubtful I'll be able to negotiate £2.5k off a sought after car which seems to be moving quickly off the BMW forecourts.

7 cars on Autotrader (set to £38k):

Long Beach Blue £32,995 (random trader) - missing all spec
Long Beach Blue £33,990 (random trader) - missing all spec
Sunset Orange £36,949 (random trader) - above budget (also close to 30k miles)
Long Beach Blue £36,383 (random trader) - above budget (also close to 30k miles)
Long Beach Blue £36,249 (AUC) - above budget
Long Beach Blue £37,500 (AUC) - above budget
Long Beach Blue £37,495 (AUC) - above budget

My preference is from AUC for a variety of reasons, so I'm reluctant to buy from a trader at a price close to AUC.

Aside from the car I viewed yesterday, I've only seen one other suitable AUC car which went for £35,111 at the start of June (was meant to test drive but someone reserved before I did). I'd prefer Sunset Orange after seeing it yesterday, but would still settle for a Long Beach car.

I'm droning on now (sorry) and ultimately sounds like I'm trying to convince myself to do it. I could wait, but would ideally prefer to move into a car before the end of August, as my current car needs a service + MOT + front/rear pads are a few thousand miles away. No point paying for all that when I don't want to keep the car.

Last edited:
I'm droning on now (sorry) and ultimately sounds like I'm trying to convince myself to do it. I could wait, but would ideally prefer to move into a car before the end of August, as my current car needs a service + MOT + front/rear pads are a few thousand miles away. No point paying for all that when I don't want to keep the car.

I am very fussy about these things but that orange service shouldn't worry you if you really want the car.

It was barely over a month late and the mileage in that time was very low. It could have theoretically done 13k more miles and been serviced 1 month earlier, and it would be green! There's also the covid factor around that time, so loads of cars have minor discrepancies. This is about as minor as it gets.

Back
Top Bottom