BMW and M Power Owners

Man of Honour
it did for my f32

It didn't. They advise it because it takes ages and you might flatten the battery, but it isn't required for the update to install.

I have never done it with the engine running, you do need to wake the car back up a few times though.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
It didn't. They advise it because it takes ages and you might flatten the battery, but it isn't required for the update to install.

I have never done it with the engine running, you do need to wake the car back up a few times though.
all i can say is that it refused to install on battery for my f32. i tried to do it on battery and the car said it couldn't, so i installed it whilst going on a journey to meet friends an hour away.
maybe it's because my battery was borderline and the car knew...who knows?

Soldato

Just plug seatbelt in, job done

Associate
Could somebody please let me know the best option for extending the warranty for a BMW that is very marginally out of the original manufacturers warranty?
I am looking at a BMW X3 M40d registered on 29th June 2021 which makes it two weeks over the end of the three year period.

The car has three services but none of them are main dealer services as far as I know. I think it is an ex lease car (Alphabet), presumably returned after a 3 year lease period?

Thx
Bintos

Last edited:
Soldato
Could somebody please let me know the best option for extending the warranty for a BMW that is very marginally out of the original manufacturers warranty?
I am looking at a BMW X3 M40d registered on 29th June 2021 which makes it two weeks over the end of the three year period.

The car has three services but none of them are main dealer services as far as I know. I think it is an ex lease car (Alphabet), presumably returned after a 3 year lease period?

Thx
Bintos

Through BMW website or calling them

Soldato
Soldato

Thx
Bintos
Call insured warranty, they should give renewal prices based on it just being out of manufacturer warranty

Soldato
I dropped the 440i at Sytner in Coventry today. To have the foil replaced on the side under warranty.

I then did something silly... its with them till the 23rd as I'm going on Holiday tomorrow.
So... I've booked it in for the MPerformance LSD..

I've read good things. I wonder if it's going to be obvious.

Heh

Last edited:
Associate
Am I right in assuming that the 3.0L engine in a 2021 X3 M40d is the B57 (D30T0)?
If it is, what is the concensus on reliability and are there any known issues with it that crop up over time/mileage?

mjt

mjt

Soldato
This thing is chuffing brilliant. Took it on a drift training course run by ADAC in Germany and it's so much fun on the limit. Slides are surprisingly easy to hold and control, even on a regular tarmac surface. Almost stacked it coming home on a slippery forest road but thankfully I'm not stupid enough to drive on public roads with DSC complete off :o

The only thing it really needs is lumbar support, and I cannot get the fag smell out of the lovely leather steering wheel :mad:
Tempted to retrofit lumbar and an M Performance wheel just to stop my fingers from smelling after a drive :(

TpoaDDq.jpeg

Soldato
Soldato
This thing is chuffing brilliant. Took it on a drift training course run by ADAC in Germany and it's so much fun on the limit. Slides are surprisingly easy to hold and control, even on a regular tarmac surface. Almost stacked it coming home on a slippery forest road but thankfully I'm not stupid enough to drive on public roads with DSC complete off :o

The only thing it really needs is lumbar support, and I cannot get the fag smell out of the lovely leather steering wheel :mad:
Tempted to retrofit lumbar and an M Performance wheel just to stop my fingers from smelling after a drive :(

TpoaDDq.jpeg
Alternatively you could get the wheel retrimmed. Might be a way to get it made thinner as well, I find the wheel too fat

Reactions: mjt
Soldato
A friend of mine put his car up for sale but lives in the middle of nowhere (really remote) so has left it with me in the hopes it’s easier to sell in london.

I have only had one call in 3 weeks. Should I drop the price a little or is it just bad pics? To be honest I have not put in any effort but it would be nice to get it off the drive way.

Last edited:
Soldato
A friend of mine put his car up for sale but lives in the middle of nowhere (really remote) so has left it with me in the hopes it’s easier to sell in london.

I have only had one call in 3 weeks. Should I drop the price a little or is it just bad pics? To be honest I have not put in any effort but it would be nice to get it off the drive way.

Looks like it has swirl marks all over it. It'd at least give it a wash and use a quick detailer to make it not look so bad (that's if a hand polish is too much effort). Photos in direct sunlight also makes it difficult to assess the paint due to the sunbursts.

£50 to pay for a wash and hand polish? Then take photos under blue skies in the shade imo.

Private sale for an £18k car is gonna be hard to begin with.

edit:

Autotrader valuation also puts it at £15,440 private and £13,989 trade in.

HPI (for good condition) gives a private sale range of £16,400-£17,100.
Retail of £17,140-£18,450
PX of £12,770-£13,780.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom