BMW and M Power Owners

Associate
A friend of mine put his car up for sale but lives in the middle of nowhere (really remote) so has left it with me in the hopes it’s easier to sell in london.

I have only had one call in 3 weeks. Should I drop the price a little or is it just bad pics? To be honest I have not put in any effort but it would be nice to get it off the drive way.

Photos in direct sunlight are awful - and doesn't help that the car isn't clean. The rear alloys also look very curbed. Interior looks dusty. All these things are going to put people off.

Get the car cleaned and take some decent pictures.

Reactions: mjt
Man of Honour
Yet you linked to an older 540i for £10k more?

You're not going to find a 2019 530d for 13k worth buying.

This particular example needs a good clean and some better photographs.

Soldato
Yet you linked to an older 540i for £10k more?

You're not going to find a 2019 530d for 13k worth buying.

This particular example needs a good clean and some better photographs.
Why do you care so much?

I'd not pay that because I don't want a 30d that's done 100k miles. If I needed one, 13k is what I'd spend.
More for less miles obviously

Man of Honour
Why do you care so much?

I'd not pay that because I don't want a 30d that's done 100k miles. If I needed one, 13k is what I'd spend.
More for less miles obviously

How's that helpful then?

I don't want a 2021 Seat Leon, but if one was £3k I'd have it. Doesn't mean that's what it's worth as a result.

A 2019 530d is worth far more than £13k.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Mileage is high for the year (20k miles a year, a perfect car for that mileage of course but many people get an irrational fear of a car with, or close to 100,000 miles on it) and while I'm not fully up on values and prices it doesn't look particularly appealing to any potential buyer. White interior can be marmite for many too. As said above, get it properly valeted and machine polished, even a single stage would help and don't take photos in direct sunlight as it is often used to hide things.

Caporegime
Looking on AT at similar cars there's a 530d with only 10k miles more, although an SE not an M Sport and it's nearly £4k less. It looks a bit grubby inside and the wheels look like they have a lot of kerbing. TBH if you're looking for strong money you have to make a strong case for it. It does have good options, HUD, H&K, FBMWSH etc. but you're not SELLING it to the person looking. Get the wheels refurbed, take photos of these as well and you might have a chance of getting that money for it.

Soldato
Thanks. I’m going to try a combo of getting it cleaned, new pics and Drop £1k off the price and see if that helps.

the guy lives in Cornwall and works in north wales hence the miles. I found it for him a couple of years ago with low miles.

It’s actually in really nice condition except the alloys and been kept under bmw warranty

Caporegime
Thanks. I’m going to try a combo of getting it cleaned, new pics and Drop £1k off the price and see if that helps.

the guy lives in Cornwall and works in north wales hence the miles. I found it for him a couple of years ago with low miles.

It’s actually in really nice condition except the alloys and been kept under bmw warranty
Is it still under BMW warranty? This is transferable and if on a monthly plan it can be continued with no increase in cost for mileage AFAIK. If it's annual the price will go up once it goes over 100k I believe, but not 100% sure on that. What is important is that an annual plan is transferable and if it's still under this warranty the Advert doesn't state this! That is a MAJOR selling point.

Soldato
Is it still under BMW warranty? This is transferable and if on a monthly plan it can be continued with no increase in cost for mileage AFAIK. If it's annual the price will go up once it goes over 100k I believe, but not 100% sure on that. What is important is that an annual plan is transferable and if it's still under this warranty the Advert doesn't state this! That is a MAJOR selling point.
Yes. It was started pre 60k miles so at the lower price. I told him to pay monthly so it would not go up.

Associate
I did wonder. Perhaps change it to an annual as this would be a huge selling point.
Not sure if spending more money on it is a good way to maximise profit. I'd mention it has been kept on a BMW warranty though - as a buyer I'd be more inclined to believe any serious issues that came up had been fixed.

Don
A friend of mine put his car up for sale but lives in the middle of nowhere (really remote) so has left it with me in the hopes it’s easier to sell in london.

I have only had one call in 3 weeks. Should I drop the price a little or is it just bad pics? To be honest I have not put in any effort but it would be nice to get it off the drive way.

Either clean the car, or don't take pictures that highlight the poor state of it

1721055170530.png

Back
Top Bottom