BMW and M Power Owners

as someone who has used both chipsaway and the bmw bodyshop...i'd suck it up and pay the extra to use the bmw bodyshop
Isn’t it going to be hideously expensive going through BMW? My repair was done by a Smart repairer for £120 but that was with 50% off. The damaged area has been completely repaired.

as someone who has used both chipsaway and the bmw bodyshop...i'd suck it up and pay the extra to use the bmw bodyshop
You had any issue with the small Aux coolant tank loosing coolant?

Twice so far, mine has run really low.
Each time, it causes the AC to stop functioning. Lol

Isn’t it going to be hideously expensive going through BMW?
yes it will

my old 428i had a scratch down the door (public car park) - paid £240 with chipsaway...they did a good respray and dent repair but the colour never truly matched
yes chipsaway matched the esoteril blue but you could tell a mile off that it was resprayed. got up my nerves so much i sold the car on to get my now-car

with my current car, had another bash (seriously people can't drive in car parks) in the side (again)
paid £840 via bmw bodyshop and literally cannot tell that there was previously damaged there

my old 428i had a scratch down the door (public car park) - paid £240 with chipsaway...they did a good respray and dent repair but the colour never truly matched
yes chipsaway matched the esoteril blue but you could tell a mile off that it was resprayed. got up my nerves so much i sold the car on to get my now-car
Whereas with my Smart repair I have no complaints about the color match, you can’t tell it’s been resprayed. Maybe it’s because it’s a flat white color. For the £120 I paid I’d be happy to use them again even at full price when offers aren’t on.

Whereas with my Smart repair I have no complaints about the color match, you can’t tell it’s been resprayed. Maybe it’s because it’s a flat white color. For the £120 I paid I’d be happy to use them again even at full price when offers aren’t on.
yeah i guess with all the fancy OEM colours it's hard for chipsaway to match fully
my current is snapper rocks blue so didn't want to take another gamble knowing what i know now which is why i coughed up the extra to go to bmw bodyshop
didn't want to take a chance of another mismatched paintjob from chipsaway

(my old 428i thread: https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/scratch-and-dent-repair-advice-needed.18857950/

Pic as promised!

Few days late, it's now manky so this is it shortly after collection.

330i.JPEG

Technically it wasn’t actually a Cat S write-off so I don’t think they’re lying in the ad.
its marked in the advert as cat s , so no technical about it. too late now but has anyone checked if a marker is against that car?.

its marked in the advert as cat s , so no technical about it. too late now but has anyone checked if a marker is against that car?.
Apologies if I’m being stupid here, but where in the advert does it say it’s cat S? The salvage link said it was a Cat S but the car check I did showed that it wasn’t written off.

As a dealer they should have a responsibility to declare the repairs if they are aware of it. The law is however isn't particularly clear since it's not a category write off.

Tyres are always put off for me, it had two budgets fitted and two Bridgestones. Looks like Pirelli's in the copart pictures.

Apologies if I’m being stupid here, but where in the advert does it say it’s cat S? The salvage link said it was a Cat S but the car check I did showed that it wasn’t written off.
thats what i meant if the salvage sale shows cat s thats it . they dont put it as cat if they can get away with it , otherwise they would say it was clear and sell for more.
if the dealer did due diligence they would find that and hence either not buy it in the first place or sell it cheap to get rid. unless they did the repair and hope for a quick profit.
the only way around that is if it didnt go through insurance and missed being catted.
either way if you found the photos of previous damage they should have, and with that damage in my opinion it would be a cat s.
forget the front damage but...rear door and b post ....cmon..

Last edited:
Aside from the respray (got a price of £180 for a bodywork guy), the car is now in for a coolant leak, which is a bit sad.

As a courtesy car, they have given me a '24 320i and I like it so much more than my 330e. The way it drives is so much more spicy...I don't really know how to explain it. It feels much more like you're connected to the engine instead, perhaps, feeling like there's a battery in-between.

Which is confusing, because they're both hybrids, it's just that the 330e has the big battery that often runs out.

Tyres are always put off for me, it had two budgets fitted and two Bridgestones. Looks like Pirelli's in the copart pictures.
This was something I considered when looking, as it obviously indicates that someone has checked out on a 3 year old car… But given the unicorn spec I was fine with just changing them as soon as I’d bought it.

This was something I considered when looking, as it obviously indicates that someone has checked out on a 3 year old car… But given the unicorn spec I was fine with just changing them as soon as I’d bought it.
The car is also taxed since May, makes you wonder if it's the dealership owner trying to make a quick buck, or someone has it there on sale or return.

Back
Top Bottom