BMW and M Power Owners

lol!

I was really trying to avoid black, I still feel there is a bit too much black on these ones. It’s one thing I don’t love about it!

It took me ages to find one that didn't have the black wheels and black grille. Now it's not even possible as they've made it standard fit with the facelift :(

It took me ages to find one that didn't have the black wheels and black grille. Now it's not even possible as they've made it standard fit with the facelift :(
You can buy the grey parts separately, I've been quoted around £200 for mirrors and front grill, not ideal though.

You can buy the grey parts separately, I've been quoted around £200 for mirrors and front grill, not ideal though.

You can but it'll not really look right unless you've got a 2019 or 2020 car as from 2021 onwards the headlights had shadow trim in them as well and the exhausts are black.

Plus I wanted to keep whatever I bought original, so just waited until one appeared that had the grey trim. It was surprisingly difficult as most of the cars with the grey trim had little no options and most of the cars with lots of options also had the black wheels. I was buying cars of the age where most were ex dealer demonstrators or similar so had been specified by staff at the dealers rather than by customers themselves. I notice that now they are older cars from private owners are appearing which tend to be more sensibly optioned.

I still like the m340i greys on the grille and mirrors… also the grey with white wheels are some of my favourite ever. But I’m not tarting the 330i up like a m340i.

I’m getting used to it, not minding the black grille now… wheels, I might consider other ones from the 2019/20 g20 brochure. If they were black black, I’d have kept looking for there right car.

Most new BMW's are going the way of black grilles now, particularly on M Sport or Pro trim. I'm fine with that really but I'm not a huge fan of black wheels...

I guess they feel they need to be black to hide the uglyness

My car with shadowline trim and black exhausts, dont think it looks ugly at all. Of course it’s all subjective.

Edit: Unless you meant the new models with the snout?

wxknZ2w.jpg

J7vVetP.jpg

kOkJOQ8.jpg

ijjYNXy.jpg

Last edited:
I don't think it does either. However, I do think it would look better if the mirrors, grille and wheels were silver or the colour of the car.

Hmm maybe, but then it might make the roof look rather odd. As it stands, the shadowline offsets the carbon roof with other black bits

Edit: On a complete body coloured car then I agree

Last edited:
I've been driving this 320i for a couple of days now. Is there any reason why it feels so much more responsive than the 330e? And do you think there's any way to make the 330e feel more responsive?

330e is repaired now so I should be picking it up tomorrow.

I don't think it does either. However, I do think it would look better if the mirrors, grille and wheels were silver or the colour of the car.
I personally prefer the black grills, black wheels are far too common now (I actually have them on my car) and don't always look the best depends on the wheel design too IMO. I however do have a thing for gold/bronze wheels :)

Most new BMW's are going the way of black grilles now, particularly on M Sport or Pro trim. I'm fine with that really but I'm not a huge fan of black wheels...
totally agree. I really like the black grilles but black wheels just hide them and doesnt look good at all.

I've been driving this 320i for a couple of days now. Is there any reason why it feels so much more responsive than the 330e? And do you think there's any way to make the 330e feel more responsive?

330e is repaired now so I should be picking it up tomorrow.

Something wrong with the 330e? The 330e is a 320i + motor isn't it? Perhaps the map (gearbox or engine) is different?

On paper the 330e has more power and is quicker to 60 etc but doesn't necessarily mean it's more responsive, but you'd expect it to be.

Manual v auto?

Last edited:
Z4 M40i…. anyone got any thoughts?

Thinking of getting one in the next year or so, and getting a Lichfield tune to 400bhp as per the American BMW tune.

Back
Top Bottom