BMW and M Power Owners

What are the LCI versions of the 5 series from 2013? What does LCI actual give you? All I know is that it IS desirable so I bought one today, Oct 2013 example - 530d F11 Touring M Sport Auto highly loaded with toys :) Put a grand deposit down on a AUC.

Never even drove the 530d - I currently have a 520d F11 SE 2011 and it is superb. The 530d can only be better ;-) I also waited for a 535d Touring M Sport Auto but as a AUC with low miles and 18 months+ of warranty left they are out of my budget.
EDIT: What better commendation can you get for a car that you'd buy another back to back! I looked at the Audi A6 Avant and the Mercedes E Series estate and they did not float my boat at all...

Nice. I felt the same about the competition when I got mine. What sort of spec did you get?

Nice. I felt the same about the competition when I got mine. What sort of spec did you get?

I got 530d F11 M Sport, Sport Auto Xmission, Carbon Black, Oyster/Black Interior.

Auto folding exterior mirrors, reversing camera, sun protection glass, Pro Nav, High beam assist, adaptive lights, apps interface plus other bits and bobs. Cost me £31k AUC on a Nov 2013 registration with 13000 miles on it.. Would be £53k book price brand new. Must be an AUC for me, I don't mind paying more for that peace of mind and 20 months of BMW warranty left. Also has a service pack.

I have had Oyster/Black interior before -it looks lovely and is easy to keep clean with a 10 min leather cleaner once a fortnight.

A bit shy of the carbon black exterior. Will see how I get on with it. Was going to buy a white one but not 100% sure about white on such a big car (ice cream van?) so played it safe with black....

A bit of a leap of faith. I bought it over the web and seeing a video of it. I have not driven it yet though from a BMW forecourt I can't see there being a problem and I've been a passenger many times in 530D M Sport so the harder suspension (compared to the SE spec) does not phase me. I am currently in a 520d F11 Auto SE.

You reckon there'll be a big difference between the 520d SE and the 530d M Sport?

EDIT: I found the Audi uncomfortable to drive ( as per previous Audis I have owned) and did not like the Mercs interior.

Last edited:
I also have an LCI 530d M-Sport (with M-Sport plus) which is why I asked about spec, lol. And also, seeing what your's cost gives me a guide on what mine is now worth. The other bits and bobs may be of interest too. Mine doesn't have the adaptive lights (the dealer didn't know what they did, else I would have had them for sure), but everything else sounds about the same or similar. Although mine is Sophisto Grey, which, IMO is the best colour for these.

Agree on the Merc's interior. It's dull as dishwasher. The Audi's interior was much nicer, but still not as nice as the BMW I felt.

As for the difference between the 520d SE and 530d M-Sport, yes, there will be a noticeable difference. I love the 30d engine. It does everything well. Okay it's not a 535d, but it is a little more efficient. The compromise was worth it for me anyway. And I am VERY happy with my purchase.

There was roughly 20% discount available on new cars, so while it "seems" like a 40% discount on the new price, it is only really a 25% discount. Still, a lot of money to be dropping in year one though.

Mine was on the forecourt for £32500 and I got it for £31250. They would not budge any more and saw me walk out of the dealership at one stage.... I got a few things like mats and a boot liner thrown in as well.

Agreed on the discount. I was aware that I could have got a brand new one for another £10-12k or so. But that's a lot of extra money, out of my budget.

I am working on it being worth £20k-ish hopefully in 20-24 months. In that case my £600 pcm car allowance, the government's 40p per mile tax allowance and some of the BIK tax I pay for my current car (£440 pcm off of my net pay for car and fuel card!) will easily pay for that depreciation and running costs. Fingers crossed!

EDIT: Also has power tailgate, extended storage, fine anthracite trim, 19" alloys, real time traffic, online servcies, Xenon adaptive lights, DAB, ambient lighing

Last edited:
Looking at getting a new car in the next few months and I'm drawn to a 1 series(used). Is there anything I need to look out for or any models to avoid? I've mainly been drawn to the 120D but I'm open to petrol as well, it's just I've never actually driven anything other than diesel. Don't want to spend more than 12-13k.

Mine was on the forecourt for £32500 and I got it for £31250. They would not budge any more and saw me walk out of the dealership at one stage.... I got a few things like mats and a boot liner thrown in as well.

Agreed on the discount. I was aware that I could have got a brand new one for another £10-12k or so. But that's a lot of extra money, out of my budget.

I am working on it being worth £20k-ish hopefully in 20-24 months. In that case my £600 pcm car allowance, the government's 40p per mile tax allowance and some of the BIK tax I pay for my current car (£440 pcm off of my net pay for car and fuel card!) will easily pay for that depreciation and running costs. Fingers crossed!

EDIT: Also has power tailgate, extended storage, fine anthracite trim, 19" alloys, real time traffic, online servcies, Xenon adaptive lights, DAB, ambient lighing

Apart from the extended storage, most of that is pretty much standard on an M-Sport (with M-Sport Plus for the wheels, tints, and HK stereo I assume you have), with pro nav.

I don't seem to be having much luck with my 330d. Just had the front brakes replaced and now the power steering pump is on its way out and the air con belt decided to come off today, when putting it back on (no idea how it came off because the tensioner spring is loaded and working fine) I noticed the pump is literally falling apart.

I am going to start the search for a new car soon, but I'm almost 100% sure it'll be another BMW but newer with at least 2 years AUC warranty; the short list is either a 640i or 640d, a 5 Series or if I can find a good deal either PCP or lease, a 4 Series GC.

Apart from the extended storage, most of that is pretty much standard on an M-Sport (with M-Sport Plus for the wheels, tints, and HK stereo I assume you have), with pro nav.

Yes, the standard specification of the M sport 530d is pretty high. Do you get the power tailgate, ambient lighting, adaptive HL and high beam assist as standard on M Sport though?

Yes, the standard specification of the M sport 530d is pretty high. Do you get the power tailgate, ambient lighting, adaptive HL and high beam assist as standard on M Sport though?

The power tailgate and ambient lighting are standard, the adaptive headlights and high beam assist are optional.

Last edited:
[TW]Fox;27465826 said:
The power tailgate and ambient lighting are standard, the adaptive headlights and high beam assist are optional.

Seems the main things are standard then. I could live without HB assist and Adaptive Headlights TBH - never had them in 30 years of driving and what you haven't had you don't miss!
Power tailgate is really useful; wish it had comfort access though, that's even better!

Is sports auto transmission standard?

I really like the Anthracite wood trim too - I'm not a fan of the Alu hexagonal trim. Each to their own though...

Sports Auto is not standard, no.

I'm also a huge fan of the anthracite wood trim... here is mine..

IMAG2669_zpsb6b65adc.jpg

Deposit has been placed on my 330Ci. It's been a fantastic 18 months of ownership and I'll be sad to see it go, but thankfully it's going to another local forum member so hopefully it will still be seen around :)

Now to scratch that V8 itch, petrol is getting cheaper after all...

Back
Top Bottom