BMW and M Power Owners

Wonder where it's been all its life.

It would be interesting to see how a car like this fares if it was to start being driven every day in terms of potential mechanical failure.

Price is bonkers but I suspect the seller knows that. It'll achieve a few grand more than whatever the most expensive club sports go for. At a total punt I'd say somewhere close to half the asking, unless the likes of BMW want it

E46 owner with funny idle I had this and bumped into my fix by accident, not saying it would fix yours, but for the money it won't hurt as my car pulls better for it.
I ran out of fuel and then the car ran like a bag of nails if at all.
Traced it to fuel pump in tank, changed it, wow car is transformed different car, same idle problem as yours gone totally.
I think my pump had been on its way out and running out of fuel helped it along.
Another I did notice before changing was when booting it it used to nosedive about 5k. Doesn't do that anymore, revs right out.
Not saying it will fix yours, certainly won't do it any harm, I did inline filter aswell

I had this exact problem with my Focus, turned out to be the ignition coil which needed replacing. However it's one of those which could be down to a few things. I suppose it doesn't help in your case that the engine light / warning code isn't displaying to give you some indication.

I think you will have the round diagnostic port under the bonnet. Getting the codes read is the first place to start so hopefully you will have something to go on.

Could just be a coilpack or something.

I think I'll go for the OBD2 bluetooth dongles and a 20 pin to ODB2 adapter. Assuming there are codes, that should put me on the right path. From what I've read though, it seems when coil packs are the problem, you tend to get regular misfires through the rev range rather than just during lengthy idling. We'll see.

It's probably more worthwhile to get a proper cable and INPA/DIS running. They'll be FAR more in depth than generic code readers and you can see what various sensors are showing in real time to help diagnose issues.

Probably be cheaper than a BT OBD dongle too.

Managed to sell my z4 35is today. I got £22k for a 2011 car with 23k on the clock. So not too bad. I think I ran it for 6 month but only put 1 to 2 k miles on it.

Honestly not surprised you got your money back; you got a good deal to begin with. I know I said it already, but I really miss my Z4. I have to get another car with a dual clutch gearbox. How does the PDK compare to DCT?

Got to say if I owned a BMW which had that, it would have a negative effect on my enjoyment of the car not knowing which sounds were real and which weren't.

blag a test drive of an F10 M5 as I recent did and you'll soon realise how silly that statement actually is!

The last thing on my mind was the engine noise, the engines power delivery on the other hand most certainly was, in an "OMG!" manner! :)

blag a test drive of an F10 M5 as I recent did and you'll soon realise how silly that statement actually is!

The last thing on my mind was the engine noise, the engines power delivery on the other hand most certainly was, in an "OMG!" manner! :)

Indeed, I'd say that if you didn't know it was being "faked" that the vast majority of people (99.9999999%), would have absolutely no idea it was happening as its that seamless.

Has anyone got an x28i? I'd appreciate some thoughts about how they compare to the 6 cylinder engines. I've never driven one and can't find any to have a go in so getting practical experience is difficult.

I often rent a Cadillac ATS which has a 270bhp 2.0T and whilst the performance is excellent the noise the thing makes is irritating and gruff and it's putting me off 4 pots in general. Whats the BMW 2 litre like?

What sort of fuel economy do you get on a long trip?

Last edited:
Was in our local BMW dealership today, and as well as a large assortment of prize bell ends, they had a few "2 Series Active Tourer"s in there. I'd like a bit of whatever they were smoking when they came up with the idea as clearly it's some good stuff! I can fully appreciate why they have created the model as they're after some of the cheaper "4x4" market share (i.e. Ford Kuga) but from people who want a "bee em, innit" and if they don't adapt then they may end up struggling, but where does it fit in when they have the X1 and X3?

Also enjoyed the sound when the local drug dealer pulled away in his new M4 spec'd as black with extra black. Did look good though.

Should my 330Ci have an airbag occupancy sensor? As I tested it today and if it does, mine isn't working.

Also, do the seats have air bags? I've looked them over and can't see any. I'm thinking of upgrading the seats and want to know whether I'm going to get any warnings lights on the dash if they don't have airbags in them.

Back
Top Bottom