BNP Advert... WOW... just WOW.... Really?

Caporegime
I think its up to you to show why a foreign worker is invariably worse than a British worker..to me that just sounds like unsubstantiated prejudice.

Standards of education across Europe are all similar, many of the Asian I know are far more educated and the education they have is of a higher quality than than the average unskilled British person also, as far a languages goes...just because a persons first language is English doesn't mean they are more eloquent or better educated or are automatically the better candidate for a job.

Well if standards are similar and the people are similar, then having English as a first language is the first bonus and reason why they could be a better choice. Lack of visa requirements, easier integration into the existing workforce (if already british). When I phoned my insurer before to clarify something I could barely understand what he was saying. last time I nearly asked them to pass me to someone else because of the accept and broken English.

And I think it depends what part of Asia you mean...

Permabanned
Well if standards are similar and the people are similar, then having English as a first language is the first bonus and reason why they could be a better choice. Lack of visa requirements, easier integration into the existing workforce (if already british). When I phoned my insurer before to clarify something I could barely understand what he was saying. last time I nearly asked them to pass me to someone else because of the accept and broken English.

And I think it depends what part of Asia you mean...

EU immigrants do not need VISA's, VISA's are not a cost to a company either unless they are importing employees from other foreign subsidiaries. And the work ethic, qualification level and salary demands are a distinct advantage for many foreign workers who often work in areas where their education level is far above that of the British people who are applying for the same positions..equally work ethic plays a large part simply because a foreign worker invariably has more motivation due to far less local support structures to fall back on. again, being British is no guarantee of integration into the workforce either. Neither is having English as your first (and iun most cases only) Language..multilingual people have just as much, if not more benefit to offer to a modern company. You are just offering a range of stereotypes to fit a strawman argument.

Man of Honour
On another note I would have thought the common sense approach for subway would have been to do like my old college did. They had a separate counter serving halal food, no-one was left out or feeling any kind of prejudice.

but but but there would still be an Halal counter.
The Halal counter would get wider until bacon was served out of a hole in the wall.

One

One

Soldato
It's a private enterprise. It should be up to Subway to do what they feel is best for their business. Nobody is forcing you to buy your bacon from Subway. Subway does not hold the monopoly on bacon. Don't spend your money there if it annoys you so much; if the muslims are indeed in the minority then Subway will either have to revert its stance or go out of business. Although it might actually prove that there were more muslims buying from Subway than whites so actually white people are the minority and so should start hating themselves. Bet that would confuse the stupid white racists.

Permabanned
I thought personal attacks were disallowed on here? Or are you an exception to that rule because you have a high post count and are maybe part of the click?

It isn't a personal attack, I didn't call you a Horses Arse...it is more of a light hearted (note the emoticon) observation about the veracity of what you said. If you are offended by that, then feel free to report the post and if a Moderator feels that it is inappropriate then they can remove it. I won't be offended either way, and neither should you quite frankly.

As far a being part of The Click..I think you will find it is Clique and no, I am not part of any Clique/Click..quite the contrary in fact..and my high post count?...well most of that was due to my participating in one of Gilly's fund-raising auctions for Shelter. I hope that sharing makes you feel better and more included. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom