Boeing 777 shot down

Video here from Time magazine with an expert explaining how this could have happened by accident: http://time.com/3006294/malaysia-airlines-ukraine-crash-accident/

After what happened on June 5th and 10th across the airspace of several European countries (including Austria, Germany, Czechoslovakia and Slovakia); when approximately 50 civilian planes vanished from radar from around 25 minutes, and Austria and Slovakia reported it was due to some facet of NATO war games taking place in the area; any NATO war games taking place at the time the plane was downed are likely to also be investigated (by Russia, if not anyone else).

In late April/early May, another strange incident took place, where a U-2 spy plane over California became "painted" as civilian on radar, and allegedly caused computer systems to crash, forcing several airports across the US south-west to cancel flights.

So we have two instances, consisting of planes made to vanish from radar, and military planes made to look like civilian ones. Could it therefore also be possible to "paint" a civilian plane as a military one?

NATO concluded a war games exercise in the Black Sea on July 17th; the same day MH17 was downed; a facet of which was "monitoring civilian traffic" (no info on whether it was solely naval or also aerial).

Whether this had anything to do with it or not, it worries me that they have now messed with air traffic radar in the recent past. And brings to mind Flight MH370, where they allege the pilot turned the transponder off. It could just as well have been something like this plane-vanishing-off-radar technology instead, for all we know.

They've just recovered one of the black boxes (bright orange). Saw a guy walking with it.

Well the Russian military commander of the pro-Russian rebels in Ukraine has already claimed that the bodies were already dead and drained of blood when the plane was shot down, so I guess we could verify that that claim was incorrect.

It would not surprise me at all if eventually the Russian position shifts towards an implausible conspiracy theory. All they need is for their own nationalistic citizens and a few gullible idiots in the West to believe it.

So you have a good reason for the to start collecting and checking then? As I said in a previous post, no one trusts anyone. The rebels certainly won't trust crash investigators which they will see as western stooges...

You are arguing that they should let is on to the site straight away so there is no contamination of evidence, unfortunately the "east" are thinking the same thing...

Unfortunately the land you appear to live in, where the west being the land of righteous truth and riches and the muzzies and Ruskies being evil foreigners intent on destroying us is not real...

Just stop for a second and think... Why would the rebels want to dispose of the bodies? What would they tell the west about the incident that we don't know already (or that the rebels haven't said already)? It's not like hiding the bodies and whistling will make the incident unhappen is it.

I'd have thought removing any traces of shrapnel originating from the BUK launcher's rockets was a good idea from a Russian POV.

One is a Cockpit Voice Recorder (CVR) which is the audio from the cockpit and the other is the Flight Data Recorder (FDR) which records all the control inputs, engines data and various other data from the hundreds of sensors onboard.

As they record everything that happened internally to the plane and this was caused by something external I doubt there will be a great deal of new information gleaned from the recorders, other than maybe some voice of the pilots discussing why they altered course slightly, although we can pretty much guess why already.

One is a Cockpit Voice Recorder (CVR) which is the audio from the cockpit and the other is the Flight Data Recorder (FDR) which records all the control inputs, engines data and various other data from the hundreds of sensors onboard.

As they record everything that happened internally to the plane and this was caused by something external I doubt there will be a great deal of new information gleaned from the recorders, other than maybe some voice of the pilots discussing why they altered course slightly, although we can pretty much guess why already.

Exactly. I don't get the obsession with the black boxes?

The planes don't have any countermeasures or way to detect an incoming rocket, so all they'll know is once they're hit. And once they're hit, there's not much time for "Ah **** we've been hit" before the cabin has broken up a 33000ft and there's no air to breathe. Plus, aren't the recorders in the tail of the plane and the cables from the cockpit would probably have been severed instantly in the strike?

Pretty obviously, all the airlines have been avoiding Ukraine airspace since this on Thursday.

Before this incident, British Airways, Lufthansa, Air France, Qantas, Asiana, and all the US airlines were already avoiding Ukraine :cool:.

But others, including Virgin Atlantic, Turkish Airlines, and Malaysia Airlines were still flying over Ukraine until this happened :eek:.

Pretty obviously, all the airlines have been avoiding Ukraine airspace since this on Thursday.

Before this incident, British Airways, Lufthansa, Air France, Qantas, Asiana, and all the US airlines were already avoiding Ukraine :cool:.

But others, including Virgin Atlantic, Turkish Airlines, and Malaysia Airlines were still flying over Ukraine until this happened :eek:.

Corporations doing something dangerous to save money? /shock

Back
Top Bottom