Borderlands 2 release date confirmed ( Launch trailer also )

Done my pre-load, cant say ive ever looked before, but where the heck has it hidden the files??

My steam folder is 8.13gb in size, and 7.07gb of that is BL1 which has been getting a final hammering this past week as im pulling my hair out waiting :D
Im assuming its hiding in some temp folder perhaps, not that it really makes much sense but its not in the installed games (steamapps/common) folder.
Im trying to ensure ive got room for BL1, BL2 and Torchlight2 on my SSD, once released then BL1 can be retired for a while, but i was hoping to stick BL2 onto my server storage till it was possible to activate it. Thats made all the more difficult if you cant find it :D

Got the DLC pass from GMG. I would've considered it an almost guaranteed purchase for £15 so had to really.

Didn't people say they already received the code for it? Because I didn't get anything in my confirmation email.

Got the DLC pass from GMG. I would've considered it an almost guaranteed purchase for £15 so had to really.

Didn't people say they already received the code for it? Because I didn't get anything in my confirmation email.

I didn't get any code either but it said it would be e-mailed on day of release so figured it wouldn't be e-mailed until release day.

They've released the main game codes but not the Season Pass one yet but you're not missing anything as the first content won't be released for a month. I imagine the season pass codes will be out early next week.

Can't seem to find the system requirements, are they much higher than what they were for the original game?

From steam:

System Requirements
Minimum:

Processor: 2.4 GHz Dual Core Processor
Memory: 2 GB(XP)/ 2 GB(Vista)
Hard Disk Space: 13 GB free
Video Memory: 256 MB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8500 /ATI Radeon HD 2600
Sound: DirectX 9.0c Compatible
Other Requirements:Initial installation requires one-time internet connection for Steam authentication; software installations required (included with the game) include Steam Client, DirectX 9, Microsoft .NET 4 Framework, Visual C++ Redistributable 2005, Visual C++ Redistributable 2008, Visual C++ Redistributable 2010, and AMD CPU Drivers (XP Only/AMD Only)
Recommended:

Processor: 2.3 GHz Quad Core processor
Memory: 2 GB
Hard Disk Space: 20 GB free
Video Memory: 512MB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 / ATI Radeon HD 5850
Other Requirements:Initial installation requires one-time internet connection for Steam authentication; software installations required (included with the game) include Steam Client, DirectX 9, Microsoft .NET 4 Framework, Visual C++ Redistributable 2005, Visual C++ Redistributable 2008, Visual C++ Redistributable 2010, and AMD CPU Drivers (XP Only/AMD Only)

Pre-load FTW.

Release date in EU has been changed to the 21st. Shame on them. It still unlocks on the 18th in the US. VPN time.

Last edited:
From steam:

System Requirements
Minimum:

Processor: 2.4 GHz Dual Core Processor
Memory: 2 GB(XP)/ 2 GB(Vista)
Hard Disk Space: 13 GB free
Video Memory: 256 MB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8500 /ATI Radeon HD 2600
Recommended:

Processor: 2.3 GHz Quad Core processor
Memory: 2 GB
Hard Disk Space: 20 GB free
Video Memory: 512MB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 / ATI Radeon HD 5850

Clean forgot about checking Steam, Doh! Seems I meet all the requirements except graphics card for recommended.

I didn't get any code either but it said it would be e-mailed on day of release so figured it wouldn't be e-mailed until release day.

They've released the main game codes but not the Season Pass one yet but you're not missing anything as the first content won't be released for a month. I imagine the season pass codes will be out early next week.

Thats what I thought but people last page seemed to be saying they'd got the DLC pass code too. Not exactly a problem either way. Not like the DLC is coming on day one.

Pre-load FTW.

Release date in EU has been changed to the 21st. Shame on them. It still unlocks on the 18th in the US. VPN time.

I wouldn't risk that, Steam state that they will terminate accounts caught using a VPN, upto you though i personally wouldn't risk my huge amount of games for sure over a poxy 3 days difference=care.:p

Was in their new terms and conditions agreement recently i am very sure of it.(or something like that, a few weeks ago it was on Steam itself)

Back
Top Bottom