Borderlands 2 release date confirmed ( Launch trailer also )

Caporegime
Have chucked you a friend request on steam, I am not playing as much as I used to at the moment, but don't mind linking up when I am on it :)
Cool :) I'm not sure how it works, exactly, since Matchmaker tends to dump you in a random Open/Public game.

Finished normal playthrough and started again on the harder mode but where is all the fun gone? Even with the best weapons you have to shoot everyone repeatedly in the head and they're still fine. This sucks. I hate it when you shoot someone in the head ten times and they're still fine, ruins it for me.

TVHM is not really any more difficult than Normal. You don't need to use slaag, but it helps. What you do need to start using is the elemental guns.

Believe me, UVHM is 5x harder again. Not only do you *need* slaag now, but you need to get every ounce of power you can from optimising your skill trees, plus choosing equipment that compliments your build (esp mod), etc.

UVHM is where the real min/maxing begins, just to survive and stay alive.

Caporegime
One thing I've noticed from online play tho - and it makes me glad my first two playthroughs were solo - a lot of people are cheating.

It's totally common for people to just openly say "can you dupe that for me?", when someone joins with a nice gun. So it's not surprising that so many are running around with full Legendary everything.

And even the YouTube vids are full of people saying "for this build, you need X and Y. I duped mine..."

Man of Honour
I would consider it cheating. I imagine it gets to the point where you are bored enough with the game that cheating isn't exactly a terrible thing though (if it extends the life of the game for you).

Soldato
I've put in nearly 300 hours and only had two legendary weapons drop. And one of them is in the level 10-15 range.

With such rubbish drop rates I can fully see the reason to dupe. I just haven't done it myself as not been given the opportunity.

Soldato
I've put in nearly 300 hours and only had two legendary weapons drop. And one of them is in the level 10-15 range.

With such rubbish drop rates I can fully see the reason to dupe. I just haven't done it myself as not been given the opportunity.

The truly random drops have poor chances, but the specific drops from specific mobs if you farm them are usually pretty good at 1-5%.

Caporegime
I did a few experiments with uhh the Giant flying bug that evolves to...that nasty thing i forget the name for.

Lets just say that while the drop rates were perhaps good, it is still quite unfortunate.

Associate
finally getting around to playing this since i per-orded it.... really liking it but the level rate just seems slow, playing Kreig in solo atm maybe i should try matchmaking.:confused:

Soldato
Meh, its situational. If you're getting random people to dupe you an item then yeah it probably is cheating. If a nice legendary drops in a game and 5 minutes later all 4 of you are running around with it then yeah, I'd also say that is probably cheating. If you're playing with friends and you just want it duped for an alt you probably aren't gonna be playing together with then it doesn't really matter, its effectively trading when you aren't using it without the hassle.

Associate
finally getting around to playing this since i per-orded it.... really liking it but the level rate just seems slow, playing Kreig in solo atm maybe i should try matchmaking.:confused:

Co-op is how the game is meant to be played.

Increased loot, difficulty, exp, fun. It's no fun solo imo.

Associate
Finally finished the vanilla game so looking at the DLC now. What's worth getting please? Also is there anywhere to pick it up cheaper than steam? If I add the whole lot to my basket it's going to cost me £100 or something!

Associate
Finally finished the vanilla game so looking at the DLC now. What's worth getting please? Also is there anywhere to pick it up cheaper than steam? If I add the whole lot to my basket it's going to cost me £100 or something!

Yes. 100%.

Season pass. GMG often has it cheap.

Soldato

You should look at the Season Pass that will give you the first four main big DLC.

Soldato
Cool :)

Believe me, UVHM is 5x harder again. Not only do you *need* slaag now, but you need to get every ounce of power you can from optimising your skill trees, plus choosing equipment that compliments your build (esp mod), etc.

UVHM is where the real min/maxing begins, just to survive and stay alive.

and the 4th playthrough at level 72 is harder as well, but not such a big jump as level 51's Tiny Tina dlc, because that was a nightmare...... i.e the level 72 weapons kill a Skeleton very quickly.

BUT :eek: the 4th playthrough isn't optimised yet, it has a few bugs...when you quit the game and return; it spawns you in different areas, the sniper rifle isn't always registering hits and the AI is behaving strangely.

i'm now doing Torgues....the Bar Brawl was easy and Pyro Pete died easily this time as well, so the guns are deffo better, it's just the sniper that has something wrong with it.

but the 4th playthrough will never feel right until i get Harold and Grog Nozzle, because i really do miss these guns, so i'm gonna do the DLCs first and then finish the main game.

Last edited:
Associate
That not a good enough reduction for ya? ;)

Yeah but to be fair the £100 seems to include all sorts of things that aren't in the season pass, albeit skins and such nonsense I've no interest in.

GOTY edition won't be a bargain though will it, as that will include the base game so I'd be surprised if that as less than £20, maybe more like £30.

Back
Top Bottom