Borderlands 2 release date confirmed ( Launch trailer also )

Soldato
Cool thanks. £20 at the moment so I'll keep an eye out for it going cheaper

you wont get any cheaper than £20, but you'll still need the level 72 cap rise..

the skins are rubbish, especially for Zero, he looks like a total idiot with anything other than bog standard

Last edited:
Soldato
The truly random drops have poor chances, but the specific drops from specific mobs if you farm them are usually pretty good at 1-5%.

yup, you're wasting your time farming for most of it, only farm the side missions where the best stuff is guaranteed....e.g Cobra is a total waste of time, get Pimpernell instead

Caporegime
yup, you're wasting your time farming for most of it, only farm the side missions where the best stuff is guaranteed....e.g Cobra is a total waste of time, get Pimpernell instead

Question: how do you farm the side missions? Once you complete the mission you can't take it again (normal and TVHM), or you have to reset the game and play from the beginning (UVHM).

So how do you farm, for instance, Hunter Helquist, when you can only kill him with the quest active, and once you kill him the quest is complete?

Soldato
Question: how do you farm the side missions? Once you complete the mission you can't take it again (normal and TVHM), or you have to reset the game and play from the beginning (UVHM).

So how do you farm, for instance, Hunter Helquist, when you can only kill him with the quest active, and once you kill him the quest is complete?

You get the quest done for the reward you want, when you go to hand in it previews what you're about to get - not what you want? ALT-F4 and go hand in again until it's the element/accessory/grip you want.

Hunter Helquist (and most if not all of the quest related mobs in the game) will respawn in that spot after the quest is over.

Caporegime
You get the quest done for the reward you want, when you go to hand in it previews what you're about to get - not what you want? ALT-F4 and go hand in again until it's the element/accessory/grip you want.

Hunter Helquist (and most if not all of the quest related mobs in the game) will respawn in that spot after the quest is over.

Hmm, I must be being dumb, but during that quest is the only time you can use the lift to get up to him. You can't just throw a grenade up, because he's behind a door that you manually have to open.

I do hear people talking about farming Helquist, but I have no idea how.

Caporegime
Bah, this game hates me.

Just spent about 2 hours repeated killing Savage Lee over and over and over. Kill, save & quit, continue (never exiting the game completely - should I be?)

Must have killed him a hundred times. He drops nada. I level from 57 to 58 just by killing one mob :p

Soldato
Hmm, I must be being dumb, but during that quest is the only time you can use the lift to get up to him. You can't just throw a grenade up, because he's behind a door that you manually have to open.

Go to the area where he is (Arid Nexus?) and walk/drive to the lift. Now stand on the lift and press the button.

Difficult, eh? :p

Soldato

sorry for the late reply, i'm only online at lunchtime.

when you are shown the gun, say it's a pimpernel fire, but you want Shock, you refuse it...go into Task Master, delete BL2 and refire it up again....you'll then return and be offered another version of the gun.

Hunter Hellquist no.....you only need to keep retuning to him for Bee, he drops Bee once every 10 times roughly

i've reset my game because i've already accepted my weapons way back at level 61, so i have no choice, resetting the game is DRASTIC, dont do it unless you want to loose it all...........this 4th playthrough aint going well, because i can not win Bar Brawl easily enough to gain the tokens required for Harold, because this Zero isn't as good as back at level 61....last time it was easy !

Last edited:
Associate
Completed peak challenge with zero and I'm now OP 3, another 5 to go!
Dude if you can't complete bar room brawl with Zero respec to a tree that you can.
It is actually pretty easy and when you go down you have plenty of enemies to take down in ffyl mode.
Are you using weapons at your level and are they blue at the minimum?

Soldato

take the lift up, arm yourself with the most powerful gun that you have, open his door and just BLAST HIS HEAD, but to kill him easily, you really do need a very powerful SMG or similar.....because he's a sort of mini- boss so he wont drop easily

Soldato
Completed peak challenge with zero and I'm now OP 3, another 5 to go!
Dude if you can't complete bar room brawl with Zero respec to a tree that you can.
It is actually pretty easy and when you go down you have plenty of enemies to take down in ffyl mode.
Are you using weapons at your level and are they blue at the minimum?

all my weapons are purples, they're dieing ok, but not within the time limit, last time i had legendaries but this time i have nothing yet, my skill tree is maximum sniper only, with a few in the middle tree, i think i just need to fine tune him, because i'm only just failing

but i must get Harold before doing Tina's.

Last edited:
Soldato
Finally finished this game! Man this game is long!!

Q: Are the save games, in the cloud or on the local machine?

If I unistall the game through steam, and then come back to it later, will it load my progress?

Soldato
Zero is deffo not as powerful as level 61, because my new Harold (an exact duplicate) wont knock them down like it used to.

i'm not sure what to do, because i dont think Zero is powerful enough to take on Tiny Tinas, i'd better hang around in the main game for the next week :(

Soldato
No this game drops fewer legendaries. There is a big difference. You can't just play through the game and expect to have that many Hellfires and Volcano's drop that you can update them regularly.

Soldato
No this game drops fewer legendaries. There is a big difference. You can't just play through the game and expect to have that many Hellfires and Volcano's drop that you can update them regularly.

yes i agree, but the balance is wrong here, because BL2 drops nothing compared to the amount of work you put in.... i.e i've been on level 72 for ages now and i've found nothing.

the correct balance would be about 10% of what the first game dropped...i.e you find a Volcano every 3 days, rather than 4 times a night :eek:....especially down in Claptraps revolution DLC.

This time around?.... i've never seen it and i bet if i do, it'll be rubbish compared to the 1st game.....because on Youtube, the BL2 Volcano looks poor.

the volcano used to kill at only 800 damage, but it went all the way up to about 1200, but a top of the range legendary now; only just kills in one hit, because quite often Harold doesn't kill at all.....so there is a massive difference in the enemy AI shield and health/tactics required compared to the 1st game..... or the guns are detuned, maybe both.....because if you went back to the 1st game, you'd be shocked to see how quickly they die, even from non- legendary guns, i'm not complaining now, just observing.

i dont think it matters now, it's too late, but i do worry about BL3...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom