Borderlands 2 release date confirmed ( Launch trailer also )

i killed Warrior and i got the Maliwan Volcano Legendary, it's as i thought, a great gun but not as good as the Gentleman's Snider....it is 235 0000 damage.

i will trade this gun next week, but i want a level 72 shock Pimpernell... let me know if you're interested.

i got another Bee as well, so i quickly shot down to Tiny Tinas and let rip....yea' Zero is ok now :D:D;)

back to Peak Challenge ?.... no i'm not interested in Overpowering him, i might chill out and do a 6th playthrough...reset it all, because i doubt that anyone will want to trade a Pimpernell for a Volcano, because i lost mine; i sold it by mistake :mad::mad:.....but first i need Grog Nozzle.

Last edited:
For anyone that can't be bothered to do the bar brawl loads of times, you can use the Torgue token fruit machines to sort of dupe tokens (providing you have a trustworthy partner). Then you can buy items from the vending machine, drop item, Alt-F4 and your mate has all the Torgue legendarys (which you can dupe if you wish).

So, you can go from about 30 Torgue tokens to Unkempt Harold, kerblaster, Nukem etc in an hour no problems. It's pretty lame trick though. Killing everything with harold gets a bit boring, so only done it once. If I was struggling I'd do it again I imagine.

Harold gets boring yes, but i dont use it all the time, i only really use it if something gets too close, or i see a level 76 Badass Orc.

Last edited:
I'm finding this game really depressing now. It's a game about loot, where no loot drops for me :/

Spent another 5 (6?) hours trying to farm loot midgets in Thousand Cuts. Had about 5 spawn in that time, and only got 2 crappy relics, nothing else.

I was going to farm Doctors Orders, but it's already completed.

I've noticed chest loot gets progressively worse the longer you play. I started off getting purples/e-techs from the two chests in Thousand Cuts. By the time I finished, I was getting greens only. The other (lesser) chests where only giving white items.

I'm not sure whether it's time spent in a single zone that counts, or just time spent playing the game, but the longer you play, the worse the loot gets. It's not purely random, I will 100% guarantee it.

You do know what random actually means right?

For instance if I flip a coin 5 times and get heads every time what's the chance of tails next time? (genuine question!) :)

I'd be willing to bet money that there are factors at work determining what loot you get from the 'rare' chests. Factors that are not just the random number generator.

There is some kind of anti-farm code in there. I'm sure of it. I've witnessed chest loot get worse over the course of a multi-hour play session.

There could be 101 ways Gearbox are doing it. They could be doing it look the 'rested XP' in WoW. It could simply keep track of how long you've played and use that to lower drop rates. Could be anything.

But chests that started out giving purples, blues, e-techs... they all ended up giving greens at best.

I'd be willing to bet money that there are factors at work determining what loot you get from the 'rare' chests. Factors that are not just the random number generator.

There is some kind of anti-farm code in there. I'm sure of it. I've witnessed chest loot get worse over the course of a multi-hour play session.

There could be 101 ways Gearbox are doing it. They could be doing it look the 'rested XP' in WoW. It could simply keep track of how long you've played and use that to lower drop rates. Could be anything.

But chests that started out giving purples, blues, e-techs... they all ended up giving greens at best.

There is no need to... RNG takes care of everything - you have a roll that decides the loot, all you have to do is tune the rarity, what cause would they have to put contrived hidden mechanics in to troll you?

You only notice RNG when it's not going in your favour, mixing paranoia with that isn't good for business :p

You do know what random actually means right?

For instance if I flip a coin 5 times and get heads every time what's the chance of tails next time? (genuine question!) :)

Nice dodge.

Get a career in politics :D

Wasn't a dodge. I know how probability works ;)

Previous rolls do not affect anything, so after any number of heads the probability of tails is always 0.5 (50%). Assuming unbiased coin and that you're an unbiased t0sser ;)

I'm not sure whether it's time spent in a single zone that counts, or just time spent playing the game, but the longer you play, the worse the loot gets. It's not purely random, I will 100% guarantee it.

I keep telling you not to farm more than 30 times.... you're worst than me; you dont listen....because 5 hours is just plain stupid isn't it.

the best chests are between Thousand Cuts and the bunker..on that flat area, but to spawn there you have to walk into the bunker and back out again.....(once only) this area does not ``dumb down``...but the best of all is ``Butstallion``from Tiny Tina.

Zero is ok now, he's pretty powerful, it only took 4 days to ``tune him up``

i went for a walk around ``badass crater`` with my new Fire Sloth sniper rifle, he killed everything easily, best shooting i've had for ages... i was totally chilled out.

finally, there is a way to open the Golden Chest 265 times, i'll leave you to research this !!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
I'm finding this game really depressing now. It's a game about loot, where no loot drops for me :/
<snip>

I felt them same farming bosses in TVHM so gave up in the end.

Using a Vault Hunter's relic and sometimes the 4-player trick mod only netted me a Bee, Hellfire, and some of Slayer of Terramorphous mods of varying quality. would have been happier if I obtained a unique head.

The most disappointing boss had to be Vermivorous the Invincible, considering the time and effort required to spawn and kill it compared to just save and exit required for other bosses.

For the record, that Vault Hunter Relic has been proven to make almost no difference what-so-ever. Use something worthwhile instead.

Really Mal... the pot calling the kettle black much?

I felt them same farming bosses in TVHM so gave up in the end.

Using a Vault Hunter's relic and sometimes the 4-player trick mod only netted me a Bee, Hellfire, and some of Slayer of Terramorphous mods of varying quality. would have been happier if I obtained a unique head.

The most disappointing boss had to be Vermivorous the Invincible, considering the time and effort required to spawn and kill it compared to just save and exit required for other bosses.

yes, for a boss the game should always drop legendaries, because it's very hard work solo and you definitely deserve it.

but some of the legendary stuff is garbage, especially the oddball grenades.... plus many legendaries are no better than really good Purples.

but the good news is; at level 72 the game is dropping much better loot than it used to, i am now seeing massive snipers all the time... the place for good loot (on the floor) are the streets at Beatdown.

i doubt i'll ever get ``Cobra``, but it doesn't really matter, because Beatdown is a favourite place to sniper bandits anyway. this gun is dropped 1 in a 1000 of all snipers dropped....not bandits killed :eek::eek: so this means that it's virtually impossible to get !!!!

finally, how good is it really ? well good point, it'll deffo be a one shot kill every time, but it also needs cocking, it isn't a rapid fire, so you'd have to be very careful !

For the record, that Vault Hunter Relic has been proven to make almost no difference what-so-ever. Use something worthwhile instead.

Really Mal... the pot calling the kettle black much?

no, you dont ever hear me moaning ;):D

Zero had a sort of legendary vault hunter relic thingy too.... to me it was useless, but Salvador's is quite good.

i use the 50 % crit hit damage and 32% fire rate increase Relic, i use this with + 32% fire damage...or i swap this with SMG damage whatever.... the other Sniper relic reduces the shield too much..i usually use Bee and just hope and prey that i stay up.

he's deffo ok in Bar Brawl now, because as long as you stand in the right places and throw out deception, he'll be ok

Last edited:
Just picked this up, tried playing coop with my brother and the lag is utterly unplayable, regardless of who's hosting. Both systems run it fine in single player. I see a whole lot of complaining and not a lot of fixes on google, any suggestions?

Just picked this up, tried playing coop with my brother and the lag is utterly unplayable, regardless of who's hosting. Both systems run it fine in single player. I see a whole lot of complaining and not a lot of fixes on google, any suggestions?

I've played a handful of online games now. About 3/4 of them had no perceivable lag, but some games you join and straight away you know it's going to be bad.

Just quit and join another game, you should find one you can live with pretty quickly.

I've played a handful of online games now. About 3/4 of them had no perceivable lag, but some games you join and straight away you know it's going to be bad.

Just quit and join another game, you should find one you can live with pretty quickly.

That's not really helpful considering he's trying to play co-op with his brother.
King4aday, I'm having the same problem trying to play with one of my mates, his internet is fine and all other games are ok but for some reason when we try and play each other we get massive lag.
Most people say try Hamachi but I really don't want to use that, I'd rather find another solution which doesn't require a 3rd party programme.

Back
Top Bottom