Borderlands 2 release date confirmed ( Launch trailer also )

I was also finding the second playthrough silly hard until I finally found some legendary weapons. Without them I was severely underpowered even against bandits. Would have moved onto a more fun gaming experience if it wasn't for those golden keys so many thanks for them :)

Thanks for all the responses. Yeah I've got a load of gold keys so many I'll gamble a few and see what I got. Just can't help but feel its cheating a bit though. I mean at some level it should be worth be opening all those crates and stuff shouldn't it, but all I ever find is garbage. Think I'm lvl 34 now after having just beat Flynt, but I'm still using my lvl 30 sniper that I got from my last gold key. Nothing that I've looted since has been anywhere near as good (about 2.5k damage + 300 corrode/sec). My shield is also only about 4k but I've not found a good one yet either.

Does the level of the gun matter, or is it just a reflection of how good it is likely to be?

ie would a lvl30 sniper rated for 2.5k damage actually do less damage to a lvl35 bandit than a lvl35 sniper rated for the same 2.5k damage?

I was also finding the second playthrough silly hard until I finally found some legendary weapons. Without them I was severely underpowered even against bandits. Would have moved onto a more fun gaming experience if it wasn't for those golden keys so many thanks for them :)

Found the same thing, but in UHVM mode instead.

At level 60/61, with no Legendaries, I was spending most of my time in FFYL mode. In fact I specced my Axton for FFYL DPS in the end :p

I was lucky enough to have an Explicit Unkempt Harold drop from a loot midget. The game has played totally differently after that. Now not every mob is a struggle. I'm mostly only being killed in encounters where I'm fighting multiple different enemy types, or when I get sloppy :p Thanks to the Unkempt, I can reliably come out of FFYL now. Before I just didn't have the DPS to kill mobs before the timer ran down, even if ****ged.

That said, the Harold is the *only* Legendary weapon I've found in all three playthroughs. Talk about rare!

Thanks for all the responses. Yeah I've got a load of gold keys so many I'll gamble a few and see what I got. Just can't help but feel its cheating a bit though. I mean at some level it should be worth be opening all those crates and stuff shouldn't it, but all I ever find is garbage. Think I'm lvl 34 now after having just beat Flynt, but I'm still using my lvl 30 sniper that I got from my last gold key. Nothing that I've looted since has been anywhere near as good (about 2.5k damage + 300 corrode/sec). My shield is also only about 4k but I've not found a good one yet either.

That's the main reason I don't use the keys - it means the joy of looting is gone.

I've been stockpiling the keys but not actually opening the chest. I may use them to level some alts more quickly.

Re-reading the guy I replied to, he is also playing Zero, so maybe if he specs as a sniper he will be OK in UVHM.

But it's worth noting that is one specific build for one class.

The other chars don't have much luck one-shotting in UVHM. I know Axton can't, and I've watched enough YouTube vids to see that the other classes don't one-shot either.

yea :cool:

but with Zero, nearly all of his skill tree Ascension bla bla bla stuff, is related to Crit hit damage, he is much weaker with body shots.

generally speaking, you are wasting your time shooting at anything else other than the head..........but the 1st game was different, because that was a one shot kill to the foot as well :eek:.....:D:D

Last edited:
Does the level of the gun matter, or is it just a reflection of how good it is likely to be?

ie would a lvl30 sniper rated for 2.5k damage actually do less damage to a lvl35 bandit than a lvl35 sniper rated for the same 2.5k damage?

no it's the amount of damage the gun does...i.e my level 61 Pimpernell was still ok at level 67 :eek:....

you might also want to consider its Crit hit damage, if it has it, because 180% is brilliant if it's a Jakobs....and 120% is brilliant if it's a Maliwan fire....it'll tell you this in its description

but your best is a 30% fire rate increase relic, combined with a burst fire Dahl, with recoil reduction, because this will give you all 3 burst fire headshots bang on target...or if you're very lucky; all 6 bang on target :eek::eek:............. this is pure heaven :D

BUT, this same burst fire gun back at level 30 was useless, but now with Zero all up and running as a sniper, plus finding the relic, is just totally fantastic, the only drawback with the 6 burstfire gun is it uses loads of ammo.

Last edited:
So you're saying the first game was easy as hell and don't like the challenge...?

Its a crit hit tree. If you don't get a crit hit your skill points are wasted. And considering Sniper Rifles already get a big boost to crit damage, not landing critical hits on a weapon designed to crit hit is obviously going to result in crap damage. If you can't reliably land critical hits then you kinda picked the wrong character and definitely picked the wrong skill tree.

I swapped to Zer0's melee tree at some point during PT2 and I've never looked back. I always found the recharge time on Deception to be just too long to be used effectively as a sniper tool. Particularly with how its recharge is reduced based on how soon you ended it and its damage amp is based on how long it lasted...

So you're saying the first game was easy as hell and don't like the challenge...?

Its a crit hit tree. If you don't get a crit hit your skill points are wasted. And considering Sniper Rifles already get a big boost to crit damage, not landing critical hits on a weapon designed to crit hit is obviously going to result in crap damage. If you can't reliably land critical hits then you kinda picked the wrong character and definitely picked the wrong skill tree.

I swapped to Zer0's melee tree at some point during PT2 and I've never looked back. I always found the recharge time on Deception to be just too long to be used effectively as a sniper tool. Particularly with how its recharge is reduced based on how soon you ended it and its damage amp is based on how long it lasted...

the 1st game is too easy, but BL2 is too hard, the correct balance is somewhere between the two games, because i dont think one can ignore all these posts above.

the Deception tool is ok, but it's a shame it's not 8 seconds long, because 5 secs is a wee bit too short.... Zero is always vulnerable, you can never mix it at close range.

Last edited:
I kept with my sniper tree all the way through UVHM and it was extremely hard, not impossible though. Once I altered the way I played and started using **** a lot more it just became that little bit easier. It also helped a bit when I had friends playing with me as well but the part I hated playing more than anything was Lynchwood with all those little dirty rats.
So hard to get a headshot on some of them.

I'm wanting to buy this but would like to have all the content currently available with it as well. What's the best way to go about this?

If you can wait for Game Of The Year Edition next month then get that. That will include a lot of the DLC/extra content.

If you can't wait, then you need the game plus the Season Pass. If you look around, there are usually sales to get them at lower prices from the usual online outlets.

Just make sure you don't get something from one of those cheap online places based in Singapore that sell Steam serials and then tell you to use a US VPN to get around the activation geo-locking.

I kept with my sniper tree all the way through UVHM and it was extremely hard, not impossible though. Once I altered the way I played and started using **** a lot more it just became that little bit easier. It also helped a bit when I had friends playing with me as well but the part I hated playing more than anything was Lynchwood with all those little dirty rats.
So hard to get a headshot on some of them.

yes, i always wait till they stop darting around before firing, or you'll just waste your ammo, also bad are those motorbikes in ``Beatdown``, they move way too fast from side to side.

UVHM is very easy once you get the gear, but i remember how hard it once was.....FLIPPING HECK :eek:

Zero kills easily with any sniper now, you dont need to swap anymore, but i'm very impressed with my new Jakobs non elemental.... they just explode, but they never used to at level 61 and everything is the same..most odd !

i dont know what to do now, the game is finished, it looks like either ``Dishonored`` or another ``reset`` playthrough, i fancy getting the ``Pimpernel`` sniper again and a non - elemenal ``Sloth``.

i'm very careless, i keep selling my favourite snipers by mistake :D:D so from now on i'm going to stop collecting loot, i just dont see it, i just stab at the key ``sell sell sell``, you have to watch that menu !!!:eek:

Hah, after about 200 kills of Savage Lee he finally dropped a Harold for me. Sadly it's level 59 and worse than my current one.

Think I'll start the Torgue DLC and get it from there. Also want a purple Ravager. Torgue > all :p

I just wanted to see Lee drop one. He does. I'm not farming any more :p

Hah, after about 200 kills of Savage Lee he finally dropped a Harold for me. Sadly it's level 59 and worse than my current one.

Think I'll start the Torgue DLC and get it from there. Also want a purple Ravager. Torgue > all :p

I just wanted to see Lee drop one. He does. I'm not farming any more :p

you'll have to farm Bar Brawl instead now :D because you dont get many tokens for doing the missions

Back
Top Bottom