Borderlands 2 release date confirmed ( Launch trailer also )

That's not really helpful considering he's trying to play co-op with his brother.
King4aday, I'm having the same problem trying to play with one of my mates, his internet is fine and all other games are ok but for some reason when we try and play each other we get massive lag.
Most people say try Hamachi but I really don't want to use that, I'd rather find another solution which doesn't require a 3rd party programme.

Thanks, saw Hamachi mentioned.

Just found out my brother is playing on a flaky wireless connection, will get him wired up before checking anything else.

hmmm, today i found that borderlands 2 is listed as uninstalled in my steam games list.

It can still be launched from the .exe and my character is still there.

Anyone ever experienced this or know how to fix it?

Every time I alt-tab, I get a constant, permanent 1 fps. I have to restart the thing to restore it. Full-screen or windowed. grr... The game just stay into some sort of sleep mode. It's not the graphics, or the CPU usage, the sounds play fine... Weird.

But thanks for the keys, keep them coming!

hmmm, today i found that borderlands 2 is listed as uninstalled in my steam games list.

It can still be launched from the .exe and my character is still there.

Anyone ever experienced this or know how to fix it?

I had that happen, just went to reinstall it from the Steam library and it found all the files.

So I finished playthrough one with Zero and have just started on TVHM and I'm getting totally owned. For example I died like 10 times before I managed to kill Captain Flynt, and some of the normal enemies take me down in a couple of shots. Is it supposed to be this hard or am I hugely underpowered? I never get any good loot (1 purple when I killed Handsome Jack+warrior at the end of playthrough 1), so I'm surviving on the guns I've got from the golden keys.

Is this how it's supposed to be?

1 purple from the Warrior? I think you did a poor job of searching. Those 2 bosses litter the area with blues, purples and the odd legendary.

But yes, you are very underpowered. Could also be you haven't adjusted your playstyle to compensate for the harder enemies. The game gets less forgiving the higher level you get.

Hmmm OK. Maybe it was a couple but definitely no legendary, I searched for 10 mins!

I've tried to adapt by ****ging first, matching flame/corrode and stuff but that relies on having several good guns not just 1 or 2! And with no decent drops I'm not sure how I'm supposed to keep up as I level up?

Also Captain flynt had some AOE attack that seemed to fill the whole area and then I'd just die. Maybe I'm just getting too old for FPS :)

i cant believe i killed those mini-bosses from ``Stream and power`` at the end of the 1st part of ``Peak challenge``............because normally they slaughter me.

i ran around in circles throwing out the decoy, but they still should have knocked me down, i was VERY SURPRISED :eek::eek:

I dont know if i'll carry on, because it looks like i have to repeat it all again to get Overpowered and it aint my sort of thing anyway.

Hmmm OK. Maybe it was a couple but definitely no legendary, I searched for 10 mins!

I've tried to adapt by ****ging first, matching flame/corrode and stuff but that relies on having several good guns not just 1 or 2! And with no decent drops I'm not sure how I'm supposed to keep up as I level up?

Also Captain flynt had some AOE attack that seemed to fill the whole area and then I'd just die. Maybe I'm just getting too old for FPS :)

the 2nd playthrough is much harder, so dieing all the time isn't rare...this will plague you all the way though to level 72 and every time you upgrade your guns at the end, they'll be useless again soon after you start the next series of levelling ups :eek:

is there a way around this ? stay at level 50, but i dont know what the DLCs are like at 50....might be ok.

after all, level 50 is the same as level 72....it's the same old S***, just a different day :D:D

Doesn't always drop legendary and its usually something you don't want anyway :p

His AoE is fairly short range if I recall. It just renders him practically invulnerable while he has his flame shield on. The hardest part of boss fights is keeping your health topped up. Law + Order is a brilliant combination for Zer0. He was a brilliant fight on UVHM, dashing in with Execute for damage and healing, keeping far away while Deception was recharging and staying behind cover when possible to recharge shields, keeping the psycho's alive in case I needed a revive, working down his health bar.

A distinctly more tactical fight than my Gunzerkers second attempt where I walked up to him and emptied 2 x~15 shotguns into his face with some lucky rolls of his 'use no ammo' passive and killed him rather abruptly ><

and every time you upgrade your guns at the end, they'll be useless again soon after you start the next series of levelling ups :eek:

Its called an RPG Mal... that is pretty much how they work.

So I finished playthrough one with Zero and have just started on TVHM and I'm getting totally owned. For example I died like 10 times before I managed to kill Captain Flynt, and some of the normal enemies take me down in a couple of shots. Is it supposed to be this hard or am I hugely underpowered? I never get any good loot (1 purple when I killed Handsome Jack+warrior at the end of playthrough 1), so I'm surviving on the guns I've got from the golden keys.

Is this how it's supposed to be?

I'll tell you what I noticed.

At the end of playthrough 1 I was level 35, but PT1 only drops gear up to level 30 (and the mobs only scale to level 30). So you end up being overpowered for PT1.

When you start PT2, the mobs start scaling to your level again (so in my case level 35), but I still only have level 30 gear. So you must *immediately* ditch most of your gear from PT1 and start using same-level gear, even if it's white or green.

PT2 isn't much harder. In fact I died less in PT2 than the first playthrough. You need to use elemental weaponry more, but you still can one-shot enemies with snipers in PT2.

PT3 is where it gets hard. Really hard. You can't one-shot anything in PT3, ever. You must use slaag, always. You really, really need Legendary weapons, or very, very good blues/purples.

Enjoy PT2 mate. It really isn't hard... yet.

PT3 is where it gets hard. Really hard. You can't one-shot anything in PT3, ever. You must use slaag, always. You really, really need Legendary weapons, or very, very good blues/purples.

are you sure about that.... because Zero one shots most bandits about 80% of the time.... there's no need to use **** on them first....and if he doesn't one shot everything else, they'll definitely go down from a Dahl Burst fire sniper...either the ``Operational Sloth`` or one of my other tripple or 6 burst fire varients.

Sl** is needed yes, but not as much as you say..........it's needed most against Tougher AI/ Mini-Bosses

Last edited:
Re-reading the guy I replied to, he is also playing Zero, so maybe if he specs as a sniper he will be OK in UVHM.

But it's worth noting that is one specific build for one class.

The other chars don't have much luck one-shotting in UVHM. I know Axton can't, and I've watched enough YouTube vids to see that the other classes don't one-shot either.

Doesn't always drop legendary and its usually something you don't want anyway :p

Flynt is very hard, loads of health, you just have to bang away until he drops, but you can kill him from long range and behind semi cover

Pyro Pete will hit you quite a few times before you drop, but Flynt and especially Bad Maw; will drop you instantly !!!!!

Back
Top Bottom