Borderlands 2 release date confirmed ( Launch trailer also )

At least it'll be something new. Although I'm still enjoying the base game. I still haven't managed to level up a Goliath in UVHM, and there's plenty of other stuff to try yet.

P.S. Does anyone have problems with Raging Goliaths AI? A lot of the time they get stuck in some kind of 'pacifist stance' and simply refuse to fight back. This sucks when you're trying to level them, and their bandit buddies are happy to shoot at them, but they just don't care.

P.S. Does anyone have problems with Raging Goliaths AI? A lot of the time they get stuck in some kind of 'pacifist stance' and simply refuse to fight back. This sucks when you're trying to level them, and their bandit buddies are happy to shoot at them, but they just don't care.

I've seen that a few times, seems to happen if I start shooting them from very far away first. Not sure why it happens other times.

Where are good places to pick up some decent weapons in the main game (I have no DLC)?

I got one from Blu the big crysalisk but it doesn't seem to work if I kill him again and again. I got some great weapons from the golden keys (many thanks ocuk!) but without them the second playthrough was a bit of a slog. Really need powerful weapons and I don't seem to find many in nearly 200 hours playtime. I have one orange pistol which is brilliant but my only other orange is a grenade which is kind of useless.

It's pure luck, Rez. I've had two Legendary weapons drop in total across _3_ playthroughs (normal, TVHM, UVHM).

IIRC, Psymonkey said he got 5 orange in one night last week...

You have to farm certain bosses to get certain legendary weapons. Don't expect to get too many good weapons (if any legendary) from just playing through the story and side missions. By far the best way to get legendaries is from Pyro Pete but you need the Torgue DLC, Rez. Go look up what are the best legendary weapons are and where you can farm them is what I suggest doing if you want better weapons.

In UVHM you can farm Legendary Loot Midgets by starting the Doctor's Orders quest and where you pick up the third note I believe you can farm the Legendary Loot Midgets that spawn there that have an incredibly high chance to drop Legendary weapons and Pearlecents as long as you don't complete the quest. I'm completely out of the loop regarding any of the most recent update though (UVHM2 or whatever).

Yeah those loot midgets definitely seem reliable. Thought I'd go kill them once on Krieg and got a Pearlescent and a Legendary from them. The only problem is that loot midgets are insanely powerful so be prepared to fight.

Where are good places to pick up some decent weapons in the main game (I have no DLC)?

I got one from Blu the big crysalisk but it doesn't seem to work if I kill him again and again. I got some great weapons from the golden keys (many thanks ocuk!) but without them the second playthrough was a bit of a slog. Really need powerful weapons and I don't seem to find many in nearly 200 hours playtime. I have one orange pistol which is brilliant but my only other orange is a grenade which is kind of useless.

Depending on your level you can tip Moxxi's jar in Sanctuary and get a corrosive SMG and fire SMG. At level 33 I got a level 28 SMG.
Moxxi's Good Touch
Moxxi's Bad Touch

Meant to save & quit after getting first one instead of just continuing to tip.

moxxi1_zps1884cb9d.jpg

Last edited:

My tip here is that the weapons that usually are good/do something interesting have red writing on the description. Be careful getting rid of any of these. Look them up on Borderlands Wiki as it can help a lot knowing what special features it has. For example both the bad touch and good touch restore health on hits (i think - look them up!)

Also some baddies have a chance of droping something "unique" or "legendary" (i.e. with red writing) look up the baddy/gun on wiki and it will tell you if its a guaranteed or odds based drop. Some are a bit bugged e.g. doc mercy meant to drop infinity, but its bugged at a stupidly low odd (wiki).

Some legendary guns also have a chance to spawn from any source, as every source also has an odds roller to decide the the quality of loot dropped.

Most legendary guns do excel in a certain situations, but some are more versatile than others

You can also get legendary anything e.g. shields, grenade mods, etc. The right legendary shield can help a lot

The only thing that may match a legendary is a purple rarity, but often these are second fiddle to the legendary version of it

Last edited:
You have to farm certain bosses to get certain legendary weapons. Don't expect to get too many good weapons (if any legendary) from just playing through the story and side missions. By far the best way to get legendaries is from Pyro Pete but you need the Torgue DLC, Rez. Go look up what are the best legendary weapons are and where you can farm them is what I suggest doing if you want better weapons.

In UVHM you can farm Legendary Loot Midgets by starting the Doctor's Orders quest and where you pick up the third note I believe you can farm the Legendary Loot Midgets that spawn there that have an incredibly high chance to drop Legendary weapons and Pearlecents as long as you don't complete the quest. I'm completely out of the loop regarding any of the most recent update though (UVHM2 or whatever).

The little room with the three loot midgets - that's where i got the orange grenade! Can't hit anything with it though. I'll keep trying. Cheers guys. I guess it does make it that bit more awesome when you do get one.

A bit of a long shot, but i don't suppose anyone has a spare legendary psycho class mod laying about that they don't need? I have a level 36 one but it only gives an extra 3 talent points across the board. I'm currently level 57 so anything about my level would be nice.
I have a spare 61 legendary commando mod if you wanted to swap it?

My steam is lead_head

Cheers :)

looting is hard, but i got another Legendary off Butstallion again last night, unfortunately it was a useless Assult rifle....she drops loads of purples.

the loot in the Golden Chest is all ``overpowered`` :eek:....from ``Peak Challenge``....so i've decided to carry on with that DLC ;);) I'm addicted to farming loot so i cant resist going even higher.

i'm after a Sl** Singularity, because what you do is to thow it as they Digitise in front of you, this really weakens them; it makes it miles easier.

http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Slow_Hand

you get this from Trex (torgue arena) but you want the massive x3 Fire version, i got it last night after farming it for days on end.... it's brilliant, especially with a +30% fire relic, it's great at range, massive fireballs with as huge splash damage, because against bandits i'd say it's the best gun in the game, because i had the best shooting ever last night in Bar Brawl, i killed all of them upstairs, from down below, i just fired at the ceiling over their heads, or up the stairs etc, i didn't even need to go up there.....they cant hide from it

Trex spawns instantly in the arena, but to do so, you have to leave out the side mission where you collect the Moxxi tape recordings from the crater, basically you kill Pistol straight away after killing the no2 challenger, dont do any more side missions and dont do the ``arena challenge fights`` after either.... leave Trex free for farming, because he also drops x3 shock etc and this kill Skeletons easily in Tiny Tinas.

sorry to go on, but these two guns are fantastic and well worth farming for

Last edited:
The little room with the three loot midgets - that's where i got the orange grenade! Can't hit anything with it though. I'll keep trying. Cheers guys. I guess it does make it that bit more awesome when you do get one.

I've been farming loot midgets in Thousand Cuts and Sawtooth Cauldron. It's a whole lot of fun, as you can level up Goliaths while you hunt the midgets.

Over a week or so of farming, I've found two Legendaries and one Pearlescent.

It's amazing how differently the game plays with a legendary weapon and class mod. Yesterday a midget bequeathed me a Legendary Solider mod. It literally added 50% weapon damage and 20% Fire Rate. Things just go *splat* now, even in UVHM.

Before getting any Legendaries, I thought UVHM was hard. After, not so much.

I've been farming loot midgets in Thousand Cuts and Sawtooth Cauldron. It's a whole lot of fun, as you can level up Goliaths while you hunt the midgets.

Over a week or so of farming, I've found two Legendaries and one Pearlescent.

It's amazing how differently the game plays with a legendary weapon and class mod. Yesterday a midget bequeathed me a Legendary Solider mod. It literally added 50% weapon damage and 20% Fire Rate. Things just go *splat* now, even in UVHM.

Before getting any Legendaries, I thought UVHM was hard. After, not so much.

yea, the only way to beat BL is to get better loot over a period of time, but this requirement keeps you addicted to the game :cool:

this addiction is fuelled by Gearbox continually raising the level cap via their DLCs, because most of these DLCs are pretty daft aren't they, but i just cant say no... they're too cheap !

but what is really amazing is :- that we're still playing a shooter that was released a year ago.... as if it's still a new game, because usually a good shooter is finished and forgotten about after a few months !!

Last edited:
yea, the only way to beat BL is to get better loot over a period of time, but this requirement keeps you addicted to the game :cool:

this addiction is fuelled by Gearbox continually raising the level cap via their DLCs, because most of these DLCs are pretty daft aren't they, but i just cant say no... they're too cheap !

but what is really amazing is :- that we're still playing a shooter that was released a year ago.... as if it's still a new game, because usually a good shooter is finished and forgotten about after a few months !!

Well, I only started playing a couple weeks ago, give or take.

I'm sticking at 61 because I just don't want to keep having to farm the same guns again when I level. Levelling for the sake of levelling is not what keeps me coming back.

There's always other chars to try, I'd much rather do that then keep grinding ever more levels.

Back
Top Bottom