Borderlands 2 release date confirmed ( Launch trailer also )

Never played this game before
Cheap today on Steam
Do I:

1. Buy season pass
2. Wait for game of year edition on 8th if it's out for pc anyway

I'm hoping they copy Civilization 5 method and provide a reduced price upgrade to make base game a GotY edition. That allowed me to get Gods & Kings and few other DLC for £2.50 for Civ 5.

Anyone know if the GotY edition will include all the dlc head/skin packs?

Hi - wondering some of you bl2 experts out there, could give me a bit of advice. There are quite a few dlc and packs out there, currently i only have the base bl2 and season pass.

I am not really fussed about any of the additional skins but more interested in content. A friend recommends to compliment the content from my Season pass, i should at the very least the psycho pack and Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack 2.

Is that about right?

I'm not entirely sure what the point of the Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack 2 is. It's extra levels, but the mobs all level up with you anyhow, so what's the point?

Pyscho is fun tho :)

I'm not entirely sure what the point of the Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack 2 is. It's extra levels, but the mobs all level up with you anyhow, so what's the point?

Pyscho is fun tho :)

there's no point at all....plus the DLCs aren't that good anyway, they are a money grabbing ``After thought``.

the realisation of BL2, its pros and cons, are when you finally break free from its addiction and return to playing something else.

there's no point at all....plus the DLCs aren't that good anyway, they are a money grabbing ``After thought``.

the realisation of BL2, its pros and cons, are when you finally break free from its addiction and return to playing something else.

I would say there is nothing much wrong with the game and the DLC's add ton's of good new content for an already brilliant game. The DLC in borderlands (apart from silly hat's etc) are some of the best in any game in my opinion.

Last edited:

Really...?

The DLCs are all massive and very good value for money, even more so when you look at what level of content most devs try to put through in DLCs.

Cos you get more skill points, what else? :confused:

Well I'm concerned about the balancing. I've already seen that from 50-61 the mobs gain far more power than the player does, and I'm worried that levelling from 61-72 will make things even harder.

A couple of skill points won't help much when every mob can kill you with a glance and a nod of the head ;)

I thought they were all rubbish bar Tiny Tina's, to be fair.

Captain Scarlet's was *awful*. I tried CoC next and so far that's not really doing anything for me either.

I might skip Hammerlock's since I've heard it's the worst one (lol if it's worse than Scarlets).

But everyone says Tiny Tina's is good.

Captain Scarlet's was *awful*. I tried CoC next and so far that's not really doing anything for me either.

I might skip Hammerlock's since I've heard it's the worst one (lol if it's worse than Scarlets).

But everyone says Tiny Tina's is good.

yes Hammerlocks is rubbish too.... but the worst is ``peak challenge``

BL2 suddenly felt old about 3 weeks ago, i'm not being a troll, but it's an utter joy to be playing Dishonored again, because it really is a much a better game..

Last edited:
Really...?

The DLCs are all massive and very good value for money, even more so when you look at what level of content most devs try to put through in DLCs.

you do realise that they only release all these DLCs to get more and more money off you!:cool:

because it's not about their gamers is it, they couldn't care less about us, BL2 is a fat slob of a cash cow; they're just milking the game for as long as possible...it's like WOW...

and it's not over yet is it....:eek: because there's still another three mini-DLCs to go.

Last edited:
you do realise that they only release all these DLCs to get more and more money off you!:cool:

because it's not about their gamers is it, they couldn't care less about us, BL2 is a fat slob of a cash cow; they're just milking the game for as long as possible...it's like WOW...

and it's not over yet is it....:eek: because there's still another three mini-DLCs to go.

Oh give it a rest. You've done nothing but whine about this game from the start. Nobody made you buy the DLCs yet you seem to have bought all of them and played them considerably.

I've still not properly played Hammerlocks DLC as I took a bit of a break from the game when it was released but it does seem to be the least appealing of them all. However the Pirate DLC was good fun and the dialogue from Torgues DLC was hilarious. Tina's was superb all round and the Peak Challenge? The clue is in the name! challenge. Its a mini-DLC that costs considerably less than the rest.

Oh give it a rest. You've done nothing but whine about this game from the start. Nobody made you buy the DLCs yet you seem to have bought all of them and played them considerably.

I've still not properly played Hammerlocks DLC as I took a bit of a break from the game when it was released but it does seem to be the least appealing of them all. However the Pirate DLC was good fun and the dialogue from Torgues DLC was hilarious. Tina's was superb all round and the Peak Challenge? The clue is in the name! challenge. Its a mini-DLC that costs considerably less than the rest.

Respectfully disagree about Scarlets. It's really not very good.

Most of the zones are super boring. Imagine The Dust cut & pasted three or four times ;) The hovercraft are dire... nah, everything about Scarlet's is awful. Feels like an intern was given the game toolset and a month to cobble something together. And so they did, badly.

Respectfully disagree about Scarlets. It's really not very good.

Most of the zones are super boring. Imagine The Dust cut & pasted three or four times ;) The hovercraft are dire... nah, everything about Scarlet's is awful. Feels like an intern was given the game toolset and a month to cobble something together. And so they did, badly.

Well I'll give you that about the Hovercrafts. Huge zones that were extremely tedious if you lost your vehicle, similar to how it was in General Knoxx.

Finished Scarlet's last night, I thought it was pretty good tbh. The Leviathan was bit of a pain and the loot went pretty much straight to the vendor, but other than that I liked it.
I take it as Scarlet escaped we'll be seeing more of her at some point.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom