Borderlands 2 release date confirmed ( Launch trailer also )

Met the Duke of Orc the other day, after dying a few times and a rather encourgaging g/f saying "you're crap at this" I decided to give him a miss. Does he drop good loot? If so I might give it another try.

But I'm role playing a psycho :p

Was hella fun trying though :D

In that case, stand back and throw lots of axes :p

I found the Duke of Orc to be a little pointless. He levels up so high that he'll drop you in a couple of hits and has a ****ton of hp. To top it off he drops bugger all for the difficulty.

SWEET MOTHER OF GOD! :D

Trying the defend slab tower mission and after 5 attempts it's wearing a little thin! A huge pile of robot corpses (mixed with bandits for spooning purposes :p) but it keeps spawning 3 badass loaders at the end and my Light the Fuse damage clearly isn't applying correctly! Same level enemy at less than a quarter health covered in **** and still won't go down!?

Needless to say the crate gets destroyed after that! It's fun killing everything up to that point though :D

I think it's something to do with the terrain levels in thousand cuts and the explosion not registering properly :p

Oh and I can't just throw axes - I need to get a melee kill to heal which is kinda hard when the axe has dynamite on it :D

Met the Duke of Orc the other day, after dying a few times and a rather encourgaging g/f saying "you're crap at this" I decided to give him a miss. Does he drop good loot? If so I might give it another try.

There was a load of pretty good loot on the ground afterwards, can't be sure who dropped what but there was a fair bit of eridium a couple of decent weapons plus the in famous The Bee :)

Needed a silly amount of firepower and turrets and half the forest helping me to put him down though. Will be running away in future i think.

So I finished my first play through recently, and have been doing some of the DLC, but having done almost all the side quests, Tiny Tina and Scarlet DLC I'm now level 39 and hopelessly over leveled. Is there any point in doing Torgue and Big Game Hunt now or should I just jump into the next difficulty? Kind of annoying how you can only do about half the content in the game without ending up really overpowered on normal.

So I finished my first play through recently, and have been doing some of the DLC, but having done almost all the side quests, Tiny Tina and Scarlet DLC I'm now level 39 and hopelessly over leveled. Is there any point in doing Torgue and Big Game Hunt now or should I just jump into the next difficulty? Kind of annoying how you can only do about half the content in the game without ending up really overpowered on normal.

Start TVHM and go do the DLC.
That's what I did anyway!

I finished three of the DLC (only skipped Tiny Tina's cuz a friend was bugging me), but got 40 with the other three, then went onto TVHM, currently wishing I could find the gear I want, and not just random crud that I don't..

There was a load of pretty good loot on the ground afterwards, can't be sure who dropped what but there was a fair bit of eridium a couple of decent weapons plus the in famous The Bee :)

Needed a silly amount of firepower and turrets and half the forest helping me to put him down though. Will be running away in future i think.

Ah, ok might have to try again.

Plan is:

1)Ignore as many trees as possible (I killed them all 1st time round).

2)Kill enough orcs for him to spawn,

3)Hide like a sissy while he fights the trees then get him when he's not got much health left.

4)Rage quit when he just drops some ammo that I don't need and a green class mod for a class I'm not playing.

Well it didn't go quite according to plan, I got stepped on. So I think I'm going to leave him alone for a few levels, I'm lvl 45 and he's got a little skull next to his name so I guess maybe come back in a bit

Any tips for head farming? As in better chance in TVHM or normal.

Farming Henry in both normal and TVHM. Only had 2 Cradles drop in normal mode. Tempted to go back to normal for faster turn around time.

Not finding the Psycho much fun at all, tbh. Get up close, die, respawn, die, respawn, die, respawn... over and over.

The game feels really crap when you just spawn rush everything.

What is this thing called 'death' you speak of? I vaguely recall it happening frequently before I hit level 31... but it seems like a dream.

Well not quite. The Mania tree is quite tricky to pull off early game. The lack of a heal on it without a kill means if you do in on low hp you're dead instantly which really screws you over with all his skills to render shields weak. And the Light The Fuse skill is really weak at lower levels too. The tree doesn't really work effectively until you hit level 31 and get the end tier skill. At which point you get an instant full health, temporary invulnerability gap closing with no recharge and can rip everything a new one :D

Back
Top Bottom