Borderlands 2 release date confirmed ( Launch trailer also )

What is this thing called 'death' you speak of? I vaguely recall it happening frequently before I hit level 31... but it seems like a dream.

Well not quite. The Mania tree is quite tricky to pull off early game. The lack of a heal on it without a kill means if you do in on low hp you're dead instantly which really screws you over with all his skills to render shields weak. And the Light The Fuse skill is really weak at lower levels too. The tree doesn't really work effectively until you hit level 31 and get the end tier skill. At which point you get an instant full health, temporary invulnerability gap closing with no recharge and can rip everything a new one :D

Pretty much this - somewhere around Outlook is rock solid on 1st playthrough - beyond that it's a SMASHATHON!

POUNDS OF FLESH! :D

Tiny Tina's is getting pretty brilliant now. Except in one place where the enemies (like Duke of Orc) are level 54. I'm only level 51 and the level of the two missions I'm doing is 50. It just takes so long to kill them, why are they on higher levels?

Tiny Tina's is getting pretty brilliant now. Except in one place where the enemies (like Duke of Orc) are level 54. I'm only level 51 and the level of the two missions I'm doing is 50. It just takes so long to kill them, why are they on higher levels?

Yeah, I'm getting the same thing. Been playing with the GF and she's been raging at constantly dying trying to win the attrition war vs these behemoths that keep showing up. I'm generally a bit more chill about repetitive death. We're only L42 at the moment though.

Best to just run past the Duke of Orcs tbh. They're a little stupid frankly. Its not as if you're having to play smart or do anything awesome to kill them, you just have to run away constantly and occasionally shoot them. Plus there loot is crap.

Currently sat at 50, three quarters of the way through TVHM, hoping to just bash out the storyline quests and get to UVHM when my cohort gets back from a busy weekend, kinda frustrating though, knowing that even with the nerfed xp I get, I can barely do anything without pushing my level too high..

Currently sat at 50, three quarters of the way through TVHM, hoping to just bash out the storyline quests and get to UVHM when my cohort gets back from a busy weekend, kinda frustrating though, knowing that even with the nerfed xp I get, I can barely do anything without pushing my level too high..

I just ran through TVHM because level 50+ is just nerfed xp and easy bad guys.
UVHM is good. Playing through every mission. Currently level 70 and just past the part where
Roland dies
In UVHM the enemies are regularly 2 levels above you with re-gen health & shields.
However, I guess they expect you to have legendary items (like the Bee shield) by this point which means they can still be killed without too much difficulty.

Yeah, I want to get onto UVHM soon, but gotta wait for the guy I've been co-op'ing with. Since I hit 50, I've gained half a level, just from grinding out mobs in the DLC's, as I can get basic 50 gear from them.

Considering flying through the rest of TVHM ignoring side quests, and then doing them after, before starting UVHM, or jumping to UVHM as soon as we can, and ignore the side quests..

Just ran through the story on TVHM this weekend. Good fun doing it at an appropriate level (dinged 50 as I killed Warrior), compared to the godlike over-levelled run on Normal. WAs still using my lvl 33 Harold (which I got on just the 3rd time I fed Butt Stallion!) up to lvl 48, before switching to higher level shotguns for the final missions.

Was hoping for another Conference Call from Warrior like I got on the first playthough, got the Flakker instead, which is hilarious but useless.

Weird ass glitch in my game. With a low level character, on Normal mode, I tried to go into one of the DLC and.... everything is level 30?

Nope! Tina's and Hammerlocks are both meant to be endgame DLC's and both start at 30/50 or thereabouts

Torgue's and Scarlett's are mid game type and are about 15 by default :)

Trying to kill Saturn with a hellborn Krieg isn't much better, it's immune to status effects.

Well I took him down in the end. Took nearly as long as the Warrior! That said tearing through Hero's Pass was fun :D

Also strange fight against The Warrior - I died and had to start again as I got stuck on a rock when the lava came up (!) but when running around in Light the Fuse there were no crystaliks or rakks anywhere?!

OK, I'm done with the Psycho. He sucks compared to the Commando. Sucks donkey balls.

The Commando has, by fairly low level:
Health regen by level 6!
Faster weapon reload & swap. This is a big deal.
Faster shield regen, lower delay.
20% more base damage as a passive skill, so you don't have to be on fire to get it!
A turret for the AI to attack instead of yourself.
More survivability - my Psycho on Normal dies (literally) 20x more often than my Commando on UVHM.
Better able to get out of FFYL - can throw grenades, move faster, swap weapons faster, etc.

The Psycho has crap abilities, which always hurt you as much as they help you.
Being on fire means you die fast.
Having no shield up means you die fast.
Having less damage and no way to deflect attention - you die fast.

Psycho is just plain stupid as a class, and I'm done with him. Got to level 26, and really hated him (I don't use that word lightly), from about level 20, when dying just became stupidly common. Was dying just taking out a single enemy.

Commando never had problems on Normal, except when I was new to the game. Past level 5, death was manageable. Psycho just sets fire to himself, barely puts a dent in the enemy, then keels over and dies.

Not a fun class.

Back
Top Bottom