Borderlands 2 release date confirmed ( Launch trailer also )

Started UVHM but I'm not enjoying it (apart from Claptrap's comments like after you kill one of the first groups of bandits
Minion, what have you DONE!? These were human beings with lives and families and . . . I’m totally kidding, SCREW those guys!

But the gameplay is a total slog, it's a grind just to kill a bonerfart. I just did Captain Flynt, got him down first time (after about 2 FFYL's and most of my ammo) but it's really annoying having to swap gear and weapons constantly. And having to paint everyone purple before you start shooting them is getting old. Is there any point in sticking with it? Does it get any better? Thinking of starting a new character instead, as I've only done Axton so far.

You're moaning about ****ging enemies when you are playing a class that has **** on tap :p He's also got a really fast weapon swap if you spec for it, I know its not what you wanted but its better than nothing.

I completed my UVHM run with Krieg earlier today and I didn't bother using **** weapons, I did use **** grenades if the enemies were a bit tougher but you don't have to rely on **** for trash. If anything I would say it gets worse when hyperion robots start to appear but that's probably just because Krieg is very strong vs flesh. Overall I still found it as enjoyable as any of my other playthroughs but one thing that does get on my nerves is the hp regen everything seems to have now

Last edited:
Started UVHM but I'm not enjoying it (apart from Claptrap's comments like after you kill one of the first groups of bandits
Minion, what have you DONE!? These were human beings with lives and families and . . . I’m totally kidding, SCREW those guys!

But the gameplay is a total slog, it's a grind just to kill a bonerfart. I just did Captain Flynt, got him down first time (after about 2 FFYL's and most of my ammo) but it's really annoying having to swap gear and weapons constantly. And having to paint everyone purple before you start shooting them is getting old. Is there any point in sticking with it? Does it get any better? Thinking of starting a new character instead, as I've only done Axton so far.

Well...
1. It is a coop game. If you aren't playing coop then yeah, you have to do it all yourself.
2. Its an RPG. And typically in RPGs you would be expected to do that sort of thing. Sl@gging the enemy to give them amp damage before shooting them unless you feel like you can just power through.

After trudging through another half a day of ultimate bullet sponge mode I just started a new character gunzerker. The good loot is gone but the gameplay is so much more fun. So much more satisfying to be able to kill low-level enemies with a couple of point blank range blasts from a shotgun. I can see myself doing all the characters.

All the characters are good in this but I still think Jack, Tannis and Brick steal the show. Some of the quests are also hilarious, like the suicide one in Eridium Blight and the headshot one in slab territory. I've not really tried much of the new content but I have the season pass so i'm sure there will be even more stuff worthy of mention in there.

Roll a new character :D

Psycho! YESYESYESYESYESYES! :D

Psycho is brilliant but I wouldn't recommend trying out Hellborn until you can get a few points in Elemental Empathy for the heal. I would stick to mania or bloodlust up to that point. Mania is probably best but if you don't fancy playing a melee centred champion then bloodlust is all you have. I've never tried going heavily into Bloodlust myself as it doesn't have the survivability of the other trees and it seems to be quite reliant on kill skills, which is something I don't like.

Although my hp goes up and down like a yo-yo, i'm very hard to kill as a Hellborn/Mania build as if my hp gets low I can just turn into a psycho mutant and get it all back again. As I have decent elemental guns now I find I only drop into low hp when the enemies get the drop on me or if they have launchers due to all the heals I get from DoTs.

Gunzerker is absolutely outrageous fun once you've got a few levels under your belt and some nicely complimentary weapons. Just started UVHM with mine which is requiring some adjusting, but the second half of normal and all of TVHM was just complete non-stop carnage.

Last edited:
A few more shift codes, they are limited and each worth 3 keys:

WJC3J-RCXHF-H6WCT-3TJT3-HF663

WT5BT-5BFXF-KJ933-3TJT3-SBZRJ

5T5JJ-FJ6F6-WBZTB-JJ3BB-XR9WX

if you need some gear, let me know. I don't have that much, but I do have an Unkempt Harold somewhere.

It's probably a good idea if we all list what orange gear we have available and then we can kit each other out properly.

I've got a load of L50 orange gear I don't mind giving people a copy of. I'll edit the list when I get home but from memory I've got:

Shields:
L45 Bee
L49 Bee
L50 Bee
L50 Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Pistols:
L45 Infinity
L50 Infinity
L50 Logans Gun
L50 Unkempt Harold

Shotguns:
L50 Conf Call X3 (Fire, Shock, Corrosive)
L50 Sledges Shotgun

Snipers:
L50 Volcano x2 (Gentleman's, Sublime)
L50 Lyuda

Launchers:
L50 Mongol

SMGs:
L50 ****ga
L50 Hellfire
L50 Emperor

AFs:
L50 Shredifier
L50 Madhous

Class Mod:
L50 Slayer of Terramorphous (Assassin)
L50 Slayer of Terramorphous (Siren)

Nade Mod;
L50 Quasar

I wouldn't mind a L50 Maggie if anyone's got one, especially a 'Two fer' version. That and a Double Penetrating Unkempt Harold. Mine's just a 'Hard' version.

Back
Top Bottom