Borderlands 2 release date confirmed ( Launch trailer also )

Can someone briefly explain how this loot hunt thing works? The group I play the game with lately often struggle to all make it online at the same time, and we're determined not to progress the story or side-quests without all 4 of us present... So occasionally 2 or 3 of us will just wander out to that Church place where you fight those guys that can drop a Legendary but I'm wondering if this could be another suitable thing for a sub-group of us to do for a bit of extra loot without spoiling our group's progress?

Hah I was in the Mines last night with the intention of getting that, but had to log off before I got to the golden golum. :mad:

Got a couple of lascauxs on Wednesday, wicked smgs.

Give me a shout next time we're both on and I'll sort you copy and grab a copy of the lascaux off you. I missed that one.

I'm wondering if this could be another suitable thing for a sub-group of us to do for a bit of extra loot without spoiling our group's progress?

To be honest all it is is them adding a unique weapon to an already existing NPC mini-boss. So for example you can normally bump into and kill King **** in Eridium Blight and occasionally get ok loot. In this case on a specific day the one mini-boss they chose will have a guaranteed drop of the chosen weapon when you kill it.

It's just a case of check website - travel to boss - kill it - profit. It takes all of a few minutes if that.

Can someone briefly explain how this loot hunt thing works? The group I play the game with lately often struggle to all make it online at the same time, and we're determined not to progress the story or side-quests without all 4 of us present... So occasionally 2 or 3 of us will just wander out to that Church place where you fight those guys that can drop a Legendary but I'm wondering if this could be another suitable thing for a sub-group of us to do for a bit of extra loot without spoiling our group's progress?

The loot hunt means you target a certain enemy for a specific reward (e.g. the other day it was King **** in Eridium Blight) so if you find him and kill him you get, I think it was the bunny launcher on that occasion, so you will get a pretty good reward for doing it. I think it‘s a pretty good idea.

Don't know, the Moxxi I got was corrosive, haven't seen a fire one yet. Moxxi's was pretty awesome too though, it lasted me ages.

If you keep tipping her she will give you a fire SMG, you can repeat it for the fire version as many times as you want if you want one scaled to your level. You only get one corrosive SMG per character but there are ways to get around that.

Only the one, I got to that point in the DLC just before the event expired.

Mind if I clone it? Or you can? I'll add you to steam if you give me your steam name.

Edit: I've just got one of each of today's loot hunt reward if anyone wants a Cobra.

Tl'kope - +50% melee damage
Siah-Siah - +accuracy
Tumtum - +critical damage
Chikamin - +stability
Hyiu - +magazine size
Klook - +fire rate
Skookum - +damage

Also I've got the Sky Rocket. Just in case no one manages to get on until after today's rewards end in a couple of hours.

Last edited:
[Damien];25274691 said:
Mind if I clone it? Or you can? I'll add you to steam if you give me your steam name.
It's lv72, don't know if that will be a problem.

My steam name isn't much help as I go by the name 'Nick' :p
Link to my steam profile, hopefully you can add me from there.

What is this reward thing people posting about?

I see orange guns but don't get the rest how you are getiing them ect.

I got the game so kept looking in here to see why so many post.

Go to this website and click on the 'Todays target' tab. Each day a miniboss from either the main game or one of the DLCs will have a guaranteed drop of a specific item, it even tells you where to find the miniboss you need to kill. I don't think you need to sign in to that website for the loot to drop but it can't hurt. There are also real money prizes to be won but you have to live in the states to be eligible.

Last edited:
[Damien];25274691 said:

Edit: I've just got one of each of today's loot hunt reward if anyone wants a Cobra.

Tl'kope - +50% melee damage
Siah-Siah - +accuracy
Tumtum - +critical damage
Chikamin - +stability
Hyiu - +magazine size
Klook - +fire rate
Skookum - +damage

Also I've got the Sky Rocket. Just in case no one manages to get on until after today's rewards end in a couple of hours.

What level? I'm almost max (69). I'd love a nice level-capped cobra. Not much in the way of a trade though. My farming has been dire, even loot midgets.

Go to this website and click on the 'Todays target' tab. Each day a miniboss from either the main game or one of the DLCs will have a guaranteed drop of a specific item, it even tells you where to find the miniboss you need to kill. I don't think you need to sign in to that website for the loot to drop but it can't hurt. There are also real money prizes to be won but you have to live in the states to be eligible.

Thanks for the reply was thinking i'm on everyones ignore list as no one reply's to my post lol.

I will do this it might get me back into BL2

It's lv72, don't know if that will be a problem.

My steam name isn't much help as I go by the name 'Nick' :p
Link to my steam profile, hopefully you can add me from there.

I'm level 53 so I won't be able to use it yet but I'll still grab a copy to store for later if you don't mind. I've added you.

What level? I'm almost max (69). I'd love a nice level-capped cobra. Not much in the way of a trade though. My farming has been dire, even loot midgets.

They're only L50 so they'll be a bit underpowered. Sorry.

[Damien];25276061 said:
I'm level 53 so I won't be able to use it yet but I'll still grab a copy to store for later if you don't mind. I've added you.

They're only L50 so they'll be a bit underpowered. Sorry.

Thanks for the offer anyway :)

EDIT : I do have a lvl 68 52% pistol fire rate sheriff's badge (shield recharge and pistol damage around 25% iirc), if anyone's interested. Good with infinity pistols and DP Unkempt Harolds.

Last edited:
Completely forgot about this. Can you still kill the previous targets for the bonus loot or is it over and done with?

I'm guessing that's a no since I just killed Knuckledragger three times and he dropped nothing :p Ah well.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom