Borderlands 2 release date confirmed ( Launch trailer also )

Continuing my melee assassin adventure, I've noticed that Death Blossom seems a lot more powerful in UVHM than in TVHM. Is that right or am I just being daft?

The passive damage that it gives seems to damage targets way more than it used to, even so much as to weaken larger targets like Juggernaughts enough to allow me to finish them with a well aimed Killing Bl0w crit hit.

TL;DR - Death Blossom is awesome y/n?

Zer0 is really fun. It's a bit depressing to go through normal and TVHM pulling off headshots like a pro, only to find out they don't work in UVHM though. Still, Melee/B0re zero with SMG/Pistol is still fun.

If anyone needs any weapons etc from L50 upwards give me a nod. I've got backed up saves from each time I've had to empty my backpack/bank to make room for newer stuff. I also don't mind levelling up anyone's noob characters if I've nothing better to do. Chain killing BNK-3R with b0re takes seconds and nets 20kish XP a kill.

I'm now OP8 and could do with an OP8 infinity/OP8 Assassin Legendary class mods if anyone's got any.

Edit: Just got an infinity from a random guy I got matched with :)

Last edited:
Just started playing this the other day after picking up the goty edition for a tenner. Not liking it as much as I did BL1 so far, and have been having to force myself to play it :(

Playing through with Zero to start with and trying for a melee build.

The texture fade was really annoying (even with it off in the options), managed to get that pretty much sorted with a ini edit though and I also removed the black outline to everything. Makes it sooooo much better. :cool:

Hoping it grows on me more, at present it just makes me want to replay BL1

Just started playing this the other day after picking up the goty edition for a tenner. Not liking it as much as I did BL1 so far, and have been having to force myself to play it :(

Playing through with Zero to start with and trying for a melee build.

Zero is probably the toughest character to do your first solo play-through. Only later in the skill trees does he get to kick serious ass.

I think Gunzerker or Commando is more approachable from the beginning.

Zero is probably the toughest character to do your first solo play-through. Only later in the skill trees does he get to kick serious ass.

I think Gunzerker or Commando is more approachable from the beginning.

Zero looked the most interesting, which is why i picked him. Not really finding it too tough so far, just the actual game isn't as enjoyable to me as BL1 was. Early days though as I'm only up to lvl 12 on zero.

Oh, I miss this game dreadfully, but no way can I face ANOTHER playthrough.

Did everyone see that Telltale (The Walking Dead series creators) are working on a Borderlands game in their style?

Presumably if I start a SP playthrough with a different character, I can transfer weapons and things over to the character I use in co-op?

Just thinking it might be a useful way to get around the damn greedy loot-hoarding that ruins the experience in multiplayer

Presumably if I start a SP playthrough with a different character, I can transfer weapons and things over to the character I use in co-op?

Just thinking it might be a useful way to get around the damn greedy loot-hoarding that ruins the experience in multiplayer

Not that I've done it myself, but as far as I can tell you just put loot into the safe and claptraps stash in Sanctuary?

You can only use the claptrap stash for sharing items with other characters. Unless you do some kind of swap by running two clients or trading with other players.

Just started an Axton char, and almost first gun drop was a legendary corrosive weapon :D lvl 2 Twin Hornet.

Not that I've done it myself, but as far as I can tell you just put loot into the safe and claptraps stash in Sanctuary?

You can only use the claptrap stash for sharing items with other characters. Unless you do some kind of swap by running two clients or trading with other players.

Wait, wait wait... Now I'm just confused :confused:

If I have my main character (Axton in this case) which I've been using to play co-op with some buddies, and I start a new game playing as Zero or Maya or whatever and play through a bit of that in single-player. Then at some stage my single-player character finds an awesome gun which I really like - can I put that gun in the safe and then retrieve it as Axton to use in my co-op game?

Wait, wait wait... Now I'm just confused :confused:

If I have my main character (Axton in this case) which I've been using to play co-op with some buddies, and I start a new game playing as Zero or Maya or whatever and play through a bit of that in single-player. Then at some stage my single-player character finds an awesome gun which I really like - can I put that gun in the safe and then retrieve it as Axton to use in my co-op game?

You can transfer it by placing it in Claptrap's stash, which any of your characters can access. The safe is per-character only.

I'm not sure where the confusion has come from.... Yes, you can use the stash to transfer between your characters.

Got through my first playthrough with Zero melee build, has been pretty fun overall. Finished the main story at about lvl 31, started doing some of the DLC captain Scarlett and Torgue which got me up to lvl 35.

Everthing was fine till I hit hammerlock... that dlc is a real pain lol. Probably doesn't help that my gear is all <= lvl 30. I died 3 times just trying to watch hammerlock sort out the fanboats at the start of the dlc... witch doctors had some of thier goons up to lvl 38. The most annoying part is that melee attacks often seem to bounce off the mobs without doing damage. So I'm left out of deception standing with a %100 health witch doctor and all their buddies...run away run away :p Seems I might have to break out the guns for the witch doctors at least.

Have been playing Zer0 with friends recently and I'm really enjoying it. However, as they've played through it various times as Psycho and Siren I often find it hard to keep up/get in on the action as Assassin.

We are on UVHM now and I'm finding it tough at level 56 but I think that's as my sniper weapons are slightly lower in level. Here's my skill tree if anyone has any pointers?

http://www.bl2skills.com/assassin.html#505021552150505104400000000000

(Annoyingly I found an infinity pistol on TVH mode which is great against shields but is too weak against the health levels of the UVH mobs. It is however amazing to farm for gold in the caustic caverns or glitch rocking Terramorphus in TVHM).

Have been playing Zer0 with friends recently and I'm really enjoying it. However, as they've played through it various times as Psycho and Siren I often find it hard to keep up/get in on the action as Assassin.

We are on UVHM now and I'm finding it tough at level 56 but I think that's as my sniper weapons are slightly lower in level. Here's my skill tree if anyone has any pointers?

http://www.bl2skills.com/assassin.html#505021552150505104400000000000

(Annoyingly I found an infinity pistol on TVH mode which is great against shields but is too weak against the health levels of the UVH mobs. It is however amazing to farm for gold in the caustic caverns or glitch rocking Terramorphus in TVHM).

Have you got "the bee" shield? it adds a huge amount of damage.

Bee, a few Pimpernels (dup the save before accepting quest reward, farm reward for all elementals), and it's a pretty powerful combo. I usually sticks to the sandhawks, DP Harolds, Sl*gga. Can also farm sandhawks with Errol's quest reward, and farm Harolds with torque machines.

Had a glitch with Bunker and the Bee'd Pimp. Somehow the shot got stuck inside Bunker, bouncing around, and dropped him in less than a second.

Back
Top Bottom