Borderlands 2 release date confirmed ( Launch trailer also )

It is meant to give you a good fighting chance, and to say you shouldn't be going down is rubbish. Melee spec'd zero is a very fragile setup, uvhm can take me out faster than a Bugatti Veyron.

If your gun spec'd (which the majority are) then at least you have decent chance to kill... since I'm playing a melee character I have pretty poor range attack options to get out of FFYL = need to melee. There may be a suitable rocket launcher, but as yet the ones I've found seem to be pretty ineffective in uvhm.

Generally ffyl seems fine, its just gets annoying when mobs you would expect to melee run away and use range/hide when you are taking your dying breath...

Thats why you use Law n Order. If you're going down to Rabid Stalkers you'd struggle to kill them regardless given how much hp and shields they have.

Sorry to be a complete noob, im currently at level 9 using salvador
Where are the decent guns? I have sniper rifles, assault guns but the best weapon i have is a level 5 pistol which sets them on fire on impact

I have read on reviews etc that the elemental weapons are mainly required in this game..... Not got a problem with that, but thought i would see some juicy weapons by now :)
been doing all side missions before i followed claptrap to sanctuary so i have not got to sanctuary yet, and not used one of my 79 golden keys yet, is this where i can expect to get the better weapons

It isn't meant to be effective. Thats why you shouldn't be going down in the first place.

I'm not sure if you're talking about Zer0, or the game in general, but I'll disagree that you're not meant to get in/out of FFYL regularly.

Esp on the harder modes, FFYL is happening every 30 seconds :p In UVHM, many enemies can 2-hit you, so being able to reliably get out of FFYL is essential.

Anyone noticed how stupid the TVHM is(not hard just how stupid it is).

Normal mode is (mostly) easy, but you don't realise it at the time :p

TVHM is (mostly) tactical, and not all that difficult when you learn to swap weapons. It's a big step up from Normal.

UVHM is (mostly) 'how can I not die every 10 seconds?' until you farm, farm, farm some Legendaries.

I'm not sure if you're talking about Zer0, or the game in general, but I'll disagree that you're not meant to get in/out of FFYL regularly.

Esp on the harder modes, FFYL is happening every 30 seconds :p In UVHM, many enemies can 2-hit you, so being able to reliably get out of FFYL is essential.

Well yes, sometimes its going to happen, if it is, you should put yourself in the best possible place to actually get it. You shouldn't be downed next to a full hp Rabid Stalker or a Badass Nomad because thats not gonna happen. Its also why you might keep a rocket launcher equipped even if you don't use it.

But unless you have skills that assist you in FFYL, you're doing it wrong. With the ability to throw grenades on the Commando you're in with a good chance of getting out of it depending on your grenade and the enemy mobility. Going down in a bad spot won't help you even if you are Gunzerking. And enemies with strong Explosive resistances will really mess you up in Light the Fuse.

Thats why you use Law n Order. If you're going down to Rabid Stalkers you'd struggle to kill them regardless given how much hp and shields they have.

Can go down to any mob, since melee you tend to have to get your hands dirty in the thick of it. As said I just get annoyed dying to mobs melee'ing... then running away in ffyl and using only ranged attacks.

Died to an ironclad lunatic this morning, chops me up with his axe then once in ffyl he runs off and just throws it at me......grrrrr.

For Zero I much prefer rubi/rapier + lover thumper to law/order.

Must try the other characters in this at some stage, I was absolutely loving it until I had suffered UVHM for a while, the amount of fun fell off spectacularly once I started UVHM but normal and even TVHM was great fun.

Couldn't resist any longer and picked up the vault hunter pack 2 from gmg for 80p :p

I'm not going to apply the code though until I enjoy the lvl 61 cap first. Wish I could have done that at 50, but that's the downside of the goty edition. Seems a shame that there is no option to apply level caps in game. I also worry that 61 already makes it so you can get the top skill on 2 of the 3 tree's, starts to take away the requirement to actually be careful what skills you want to build with.

Couldn't resist any longer and picked up the vault hunter pack 2 from gmg for 80p :p

I'm not going to apply the code though until I enjoy the lvl 61 cap first. Wish I could have done that at 50, but that's the downside of the goty edition. Seems a shame that there is no option to apply level caps in game. I also worry that 61 already makes it so you can get the top skill on 2 of the 3 tree's, starts to take away the requirement to actually be careful what skills you want to build with.

That reminds me of the fun I had even with the same character, just resetting all skill points and creating a completely different build. Great being able to do that. Must get back into this when I get a chance.

Sorry to be a complete noob, im currently at level 9 using salvador
Where are the decent guns? I have sniper rifles, assault guns but the best weapon i have is a level 5 pistol which sets them on fire on impact

I have read on reviews etc that the elemental weapons are mainly required in this game..... Not got a problem with that, but thought i would see some juicy weapons by now :)
been doing all side missions before i followed claptrap to sanctuary so i have not got to sanctuary yet, and not used one of my 79 golden keys yet, is this where i can expect to get the better weapons

Level 9 is still very early on in the game - you will more than likely want to ditch that level 5 gun and get something more around your level.

Once in sanctuary you will be able to use your keys on the chest to get purple weapons - these will spawn at your current level so dont waste the keys.

You get better loot the more players that are in the game.

Level 9 is still very early on in the game - you will more than likely want to ditch that level 5 gun and get something more around your level.

Once in sanctuary you will be able to use your keys on the chest to get purple weapons - these will spawn at your current level so dont waste the keys.

You get better loot the more players that are in the game.

Not found an higher level weapon, think level 6 is the highest i have found

How do people join your game? Do i have to do anything?

The game creates an online sessions automatically on startup - just need some Steam friends who are playing too and they can drop in/out.

You can set the game to open but randoms tend to be (for want of a better word) ***** (very naughty word!) and mostly steal loot and quit :/

Does anyone have either the quads Murder case in Sanctuary open at level 50 or have a Law Pistol at level 50? I really need one as I stupidly completed the mission on someone else's game. and he wanted to keep it as he's doing a Zero melee build. Oops.

Steam ID is Miss Chief

Does anyone have either the quads Murder case in Sanctuary open at level 50 or have a Law Pistol at level 50? I really need one as I stupidly completed the mission on someone else's game. and he wanted to keep it as he's doing a Zero melee build. Oops.

Steam ID is Miss Chief

does it need to be lvl50 exact? only just started this again so going through all the new dlc but haven't touched any other quests in uvhm

On an unrelated note, I've justed started playing this (bought the GOTY in an Xmas sale).

I'm experiencing massive lag when playing online with one of my friends (strangely, playing with others is OK). T'internet suggests that connecting using hamachi would fix this. Has anyone experienced this too or found a workable fix?

I have clocked up 784 hours on this game. I absolutely love it and consider it one of the best games I have ever played. Whilst on the other end of the spectrum, certain features were so annoying and mind numbingly boring, they could be classed as some of the most uninspiring, mundane features to ever be in a game. It's mainly to do with legendary/rare loot and it being tied to a certain npc. So instead of playing through the game and having that feeling of finding something nice, whilst enjoying the different levels, you find yourself grinding a single character to the point of numbness and it ruined the experience for me.

Don't get me wrong, I still did it, the loot hunter in me wouldn't let me fail to get all the weapons. It was more pain than enjoyment during that process mind. Which it didn't need to be.

Hopefully future borderlands will have a more dynamic way of dropping the rare loot. Killing the same npc 1-150+ times is not enjoyable by any measure. With the drop rates for these being so low (I think the figures were like 1:100,000 chance to get a legendary from an ordinary npc) that there was so little point playing through most of the game when you had finished the playthrough's as everything was tied to a specific (and small) location of the map.

Back
Top Bottom