Borderlands 2 release date confirmed ( Launch trailer also )

Hmm, while I have no real interest in them I'm very surprised they're not taking it to next-gen consoles. This makes me think they have Borderlands 3 also in development for release in 2015 including XBone and PS4.

they're milking the game for every last dollar, whilst waiting for a 3rd game to be finished, so expect BL3 to be on another planet, but still very similar to the 2nd game.

Gearbox wont want to upset their fans, so it'll deffo be similar to the 2nd game.

Looks awful.. Another dlc cash-in :rolleyes:. I got excited when I clicked the link thinking it might be a new proper game in development as I read a while back they weren't sure where to take the game next and even heard a rumour it could be an MMO :eek:.

Gearbox are probably working on the next gen console version, and this new one is a gap filler. I hope it's more substantial than just a big DLC for those of us looking for more of the same to tide us over until Borderlands 3.

Looks awful.. Another dlc cash-in :rolleyes:. I got excited when I clicked the link thinking it might be a new proper game in development as I read a while back they weren't sure where to take the game next and even heard a rumour it could be an MMO :eek:.

Does it really look awful though, or are you just being dramatic? Also, a DLC cash in? Where? It's a full release game by the looks of it, that and all those games you have on Steam, every single one of them is DLC.

Does it really look awful though, or are you just being dramatic? Also, a DLC cash in? Where? It's a full release game by the looks of it, that and all those games you have on Steam, every single one of them is DLC.

Dramatic? lol. They have been milking it as much as they can since the game was released. Awful was probably the wrong word to describe it, but from the video it just looked like more of the same, re-using assets from BL2. The environment looked boring, being set on a moon I cant see the landscape changing much. I'll wait for some reviews, but I don't have high hopes for this.

I guess that is what a lot of fans are after though. I probably played it to death after 400 hours and that's why this doesn't appeal to me. I'll probably wait until it's very cheap. If just for more of Jacks back story..

I don't think the poster is being dramatic - it looks like what it very likely is - just Borderlands 2 with new levels, content and classes. In the olden days this would have been an expansion and this does stink of 'cash-in' no matter how you sell it.

Obviously Take Two Interactive or 2K Games aren't the only ones at it, everyone is doing it; Microsoft, EA, Activision Blizzard etc. Outsource the development of the 'quicker' project to the another development team (in-house or otherwise) whilst the main game is worked on by the original development team. Except generally the 'cash-in/stopgap' games are nowhere near as good as the original effort (Gears of War: Judgement, Batman: Arkham Origins, Bioshock 2 etc.).

Given the success that Gearbox/2K Games have had with Borderlands I find it very hard to believe that they are not working on a new game (Borderworlds or whatever) for 2015/16. Therefore this was given to their 2K Australia team (after finishing work on Bioshock Infinite) as an extremely short 12-18 month development project which would always limit the output. As a business their primary motives are to make money and the pressure to have more regular content out will be great particularly on a series that has exploded like this.

Personally I would rather creative force rather than business motives won out and any sequel or follow-up to Borderlands was released once it's ready, by Gearbox Software.

This isn't a new game, it's an expansion similar to Tina's DLC, with new items, enemies and environments along with new classes.
I think there's enough content and variety in Borderlands 2, this certainly feels like a money grab. Will it be good? Maybe but I'll wait for a significant discount before considering buying it.

it's a massive DLC money grabbing spin off.....because Gearbox have no idea what Borderlands 3 will be about yet, so this has nothing to do with BL3.

What worries me is that Gearbox cant seem to escape from Pandora and Hyperion, it's way too much of the same thing, BL2 ended with Tiny Tina's dlc, there should have been nothing more after that

plus you play as characters that are already dead, or will be dead within the next two years, creepy or what.

the only one of those Dead Meats that's worth playing is Claptrap, because at least he'll make you laugh with a few wise cracks ;)

I think playing as claptrap will be the highlight of this game, I watched the video and it felt a little off, not as over the top as their previous trailers

i've run out of BL2 as well, but only after replaying it loads.

my favourite areas are the bandit camps, unfortunately the rest of the game doesn't have much replay value, because it's human AI that's the best to shoot.

Been trying to kill Voracidious in single player UVHM 61 Siren, and it seems impossible to me.

Followed guides about using Trespasser to kill Chief Ngwatu. Having Banshee mod to boost immolate to 11 and using fire damage relic to increase Norfleet damage, but it does very little damage. Even using Aequitas shield to increase time in fight for your life.

The guides are from 10 months and older, so is it still possible to solo this bugger?

Back
Top Bottom