Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - Official Thread

ljt

ljt

Soldato
Clear the roof and the second floor gunners (they only respawn a few times), then clear the bottom floor and run into the house. I did it on hardened this way, spent AGES just shooting dudes before I realised they were all just spawning again and again :p

Cheers chap! I think I'll wait 'til tomorrow and try it, as I've been on that bit for a good 40 mins now and things will get broke if I don't calm down :D

Caporegime
I am very stuck now on the level after "All Ghillied Up" which itself was fantastic, but trying to escape is a total nightmare do you hide, or just run for it?, nearly made it but a dog got me, never been able to kill a dog with when its on top of me yet, is there a secret?

I had major probs with that level as well, as for the dog....your supposed to press the right stick to melee the dog but it dont seem to work for me so nowi just shoot the buggers:p.

Excellent game...been on it for most of the day and its hard going even on normal difficulty. Am at the launch control level now and i decided to give it a break tonight as its getting too much...excellent game still altho a bit repetitive.

ljt

ljt

Soldato
snapping a dogs neck! I was a bit shocked when I pressed the right stick in :D didnt feel quite right :p

and it tells you when to press the stick in...so how can you not be able to do it??

Caporegime
Just completed "the Bog" and "Warpig" on veteran. Bloody marvellous :cool:

Me too. The spawning is very annoying on veteran. Especially on Warpig I found it isn't a case of killing anyone you just need to run to an imaginary line.

I tried for ages to kill people but now it's just shoot and run to a line and lay down to let the team come in and clear them out.

I would've preferred them to set a limit so if your pinned down you can kill 40 enemies and then it triggers.

I can't get started on the Helicopter gunship level. I'm half dead before I can even get my gun on an enemy.:(

Soldato
I can't get started on the Helicopter gunship level. I'm half dead before I can even get my gun on an enemy.:(

Is that the one where they tell you to clear the way for the ground assault? I kept dying on that to begin with. I then realised you have to take out ALL the tanks and the mounted machine gun on a roof. After that part it was quite easy.

Caporegime
Is that the one where they tell you to clear the way for the ground assault? I kept dying on that to begin with. I then realised you have to take out ALL the tanks and the mounted machine gun on a roof. After that part it was quite easy.

Yeah thats the one, My gun doesnt pan far enough left at the start to take out whats shooting me. They are hitting me well before I can hit them.

Time to try again :)

Soldato
Yeah thats the one, My gun doesnt pan far enough left at the start to take out whats shooting me. They are hitting me well before I can hit them.

Time to try again :)

Its really annoying that level, did it on vet after numerous tries. The only advice i can give is aim a little lower than normal and get the tanks, then the RPG nest to the left. Once you get the RPG nest there's a Save point.

Josh

Soldato
Think I got 21 with the help of a mounted machine gun and a chopper and people who must have never played before LOL.

Anyway I gave up trying Veteran in SP for now, dropped down to hardened seems a bit less frustrating, got up to one shot kill in Veteran but waiting for the chopper to arrive just makes me want to put my 360 through the window its so frustrating :) I hate how in the mission before you could lie in the grass 3 inches away from the enemy and they would not see you, now all of a sudden then can pinpoint you with grenades from 40 feet away, even if you hide round the back of the dodgems and not fire a single shot LOL

Caporegime
Its really annoying that level, did it on vet after numerous tries. The only advice i can give is aim a little lower than normal and get the tanks, then the RPG nest to the left. Once you get the RPG nest there's a Save point.

Josh

Cheers done that bit now, now on the bit where you get to the men and have to jump down and clear the way to extraction. What a nightmare. I pick off the men from uptop. Then there are no more til that imaginary trigger when you drop down.

I then get flooded from up top and am stuck behind a containter unable to move because they are pin point throwing grenades at me lol

I know I have to get into the door to stop them spawning but as soon as I go for the door I get killed :(

Time for a break.

Back
Top Bottom