Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - Official Thread

Associate
Having real problems completing the mission where you have 3 odd minutes to get back to the landing zone across the field and back down to the hill.

Anyone got any tips on how to complete this on Veteran?

Can get to the other end of the field or the building at the end of the field to the right through the barn, but just get wasted - the air strikes don't seem to help much.

Soldato
Having real problems completing the mission where you have 3 odd minutes to get back to the landing zone across the field and back down to the hill.

Anyone got any tips on how to complete this on Veteran?

Can get to the other end of the field or the building at the end of the field to the right through the barn, but just get wasted - the air strikes don't seem to help much.

Smoke, smoke, smoke!

For the first part air strike the field up on the left then run like hell, through the pipe. You need to get to the hut at the end of the field on the left for a checkpoint.

Smoke the fence/tractor by that, hop over and smoke the road in front of you up to the barrier. Leg it over the barrier down the slope into the house.

Smoke out a window down the hill in front of the house, run like hell to the chopper.

Soldato
I just went down the right hand side through the little barn on the right, if you take out the 4 or 5 enemy's coming in 1st you can sprint down a stream and under a little tunnel, this brings you out at the top house when you did the safehouse mission and a checkpoint, from there I just legged it basically into the tavern then stuck to the left hand side all the way down the hill.

Associate
Smoke, smoke, smoke!

For the first part air strike the field up on the left then run like hell, through the pipe. You need to get to the hut at the end of the field on the left for a checkpoint.

Smoke the fence/tractor by that, hop over and smoke the road in front of you up to the barrier. Leg it over the barrier down the slope into the house.

Smoke out a window down the hill in front of the house, run like hell to the chopper.

Yeah, I'd read about the checkpoint at the hut, but when I get there, I can't seem to tigger it.

I've been all around the hut and inside the hut, but nothing :(

(Assuming I'm at the right hut of course) ;)

There's a blown up tank just to the left of it and the road the other side of it - I think the tractor you mention is in the road (from memory) and you do get to it by running down the left hand side of the field (through the pipe).

Associate
Just finished SP.

Took a few levels for me to start enjoying it, but when it gets good it gets really really good.

Very well balanced variety in the game, especially considering its so scripted.

Thouroughly enjoyed it.

Next up Assassins Creed.

Associate
does anyone know if there will be any keyboards that will be compatible for gaming with for the ps3? Im a mouse keyboard fps gamer but have not upgraded my pc for over 4 years. I have played cod 4 over the weekend and although i am getting used to the controller, i do not think it will ever be as good for fps gaming as a keyboard and mouse.

cheers

Associate
does anyone know if there will be any keyboards that will be compatible for gaming with for the ps3? Im a mouse keyboard fps gamer but have not upgraded my pc for over 4 years. I have played cod 4 over the weekend and although i am getting used to the controller, i do not think it will ever be as good for fps gaming as a keyboard and mouse.

cheers

i'm pretty sure i've used my crappy dell keyboard on my ps3 before. It should accept any wired keyboard

~J~

~J~

Soldato
Never seen it on a PS3 yet....But the boat mission on the 360 was amazing!

That's what I did at the LAN. Got my copy here (but no console) and was hearing rave reviews.

Played the first mission and was just blown away. Love the "Tango down", "Go gaz", etc chatter, so damn atmospheric and when the boat capsizes and there's debris falling down and water gushing in it's a right rush.

Definately one of the most intense things I've played for years.

Soldato
Bah I'm well behind on this game now, just spent the last few days puking my guts up in bed and you are upto rank 28!............I'm like 8.

And just to make matters worse, one of my rats just chewed through my router power cable so I cant even connect my 360 to live till I fix it!

Back
Top Bottom