Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - Official Thread

Soldato
Then there's prestige mode so I saw someone saying, no idea what it is or what's involved.

From reading some of the tips that pop up pre-game i believe it has to do with getting to maximum rank and starting over from scratch. You can do this three times apparently. Not sure what benefit there is to doing it though, maybe a special rank??

Associate
Hey just got net sorted in my uni house woot!

Need a quick reply if possible, want to get online, signed in with his xboxlive account and me as his guest. How do i do this? Im very sure its possible?

When i try to sign in on the xbox as guest it says random stuff then goes to the lobby screen but its blurred out and has 'DOWNLOADING GAME SETTINGS..' for ages and isnt changing.

PLEASE help quick!

Soldato
I am playing through on hardened, and although I like the game and stuff, I can't help but find the game a bit of a chore to play. I am a bit bored of how scripted it is. Some of the parts are just ridiculously hard as well. I can't wait to complete single player, get a few of the easier achievements, then concentrate on MP for a bit. Although, I can see myself selling the game in a couple of months.

Soldato
This is doing my noodle in, loving the game.

**SPOILER**

Really struggling with the sniper mission, got to the end quite easily and loved the creeping about. But i am finding it hard on the bit where you have to dump your mate down, and shoot whilst waiting for the chopper to land, i normally run over to the enemy helicopters to take out them, then run back and snipe for a bit. Once my chopper lands i normally get killed running to it with my mate in arms. So annoying as it is quite a way into the battle :(

Enemies keep coming too, as i take them all down, then another 20 or so tun up and i have to find another gun!

Caporegime
Stuck at searching the different buildings on search and destroy.

Gonna call it a night and watch prison break I think, only so much repetitive action I can cope with. Took ages to get to the LZ before the heli crash earlier (rescuing that pilot was really easy though).

Soldato
what a great game!!

i just finished the single player last night (brilliant ending by the way) its amazing how drained i felt afterwards!

mp is brilliant as well. does anyone else think this game has the best graphics of any console game ever?

Soldato
I can't do the Epilogue on Veteran, it seems im possible. Has anyone done it on Vet? Tips please if you have!

Yes, it took me days! Highlight to see spoilers.

It's all down to how quickly you get through the room with the hull breach.

Sprint forwards, knife the guy in the toilet.

Shoot the guy straight ahead of yop uin the doorway and throw a flash just to the right of the seats and go left behind the doorframe while the flash goes off.

Go straight in the room and just mow down as many as you can, duck down behind the chair on the left and reload and your guys should hopefully clear up the rest of the room.

Shoot the door frame on the left and right to get the guys hiding behind.

Go through the door and left, immediately throw a flash so it lands by the door in the middle on the right and sprint to the brown wooden barrier with the guys behind it. That's the iffy bit and usually where it went wrong for me, the flash didn't always get them all.

As you're reloading your guys should walk up level with you and the room should be clear or there will be one or maybe two guys left, kill them quick and sprint up the steps.

Flash down the right and go left, reload against the wall between the two doorways.

Go left and flash down the hall, grab the extra flashbangs on the side and try and clear the hall so you can duck behind the chairs on the left against the far wall for a reload.

Flash to the left and run and gun down the hall, to the left then straight ahead to the VIP sprinting the whole way.

Try not to shoot the VIP like I did, twice :(

That is exactly how I did it, it took me ages but it's all about getting to those points quickly so your men can move up.

Last edited:
Soldato
can anyone tell me how i get under 20 seconds in the range at the beginning. i tried for about 30 mins last night and the best i got was 22 seconds but i just cant see how i can go any faster??

Soldato
can anyone tell me how i get under 20 seconds in the range at the beginning. i tried for about 30 mins last night and the best i got was 22 seconds but i just cant see how i can go any faster??

Be faster :p

Some of the scores on the leaderboard are crazy fast, you just need to be efficient and do it without stopping.

No reloads, throw your flashes on the run and don't stop.

The first room after you drop down you can take out the two targets on the right with one shot, that helped me get my time down!

Soldato
Nope, that honour still goes to Gears of War IMO (with Bioshock a close second), but it's undoubtedly a beautiful game :)

gears was beautiful but dark lots of the time. bioshock was quite comic looking. i just think for realism its hard to beat! i love the smoke effects!

Permabanned
The graphics are good but not amazing, the game looks terrible in places when it's not so well lit and I'm judging from the PC version which is better graphics wise. (IGN)

Soldato
The graphics are good but not amazing, the game looks terrible in places when it's not so well lit and I'm judging from the PC version which is better graphics wise. (IGN)

i cant think of anywhere it looks terrible, the game is so involving i only get amazed at the good stuff :)

i just wish i was at home to get my mp rank up :)

when do you guys play?

Soldato
Yeah really does look nice to me as well, is it the best looking console game though, hmm not so sure as PGR4 is out there :D but it's all good.

Back
Top Bottom