Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - Official Thread

Caporegime
I finally done Heat on Vet LOL, only got - One Shot One Kill, All In and No Fighting In The War Room to go haha should be fun, hope my controller survives being flung against the wall several times :D

You should be fine with the levels you have left until you get to the war room. I suggest a padded room. Prepare to battle AI that can predict your moves before you make them and even though they shouldn't know your coming shoot you in an instant.

You dont get time to LT yet they one shot kill you before you can pull the trigger.

Soldato
I have to agree that level was infuriating, just the bit where you're at the blocked off corridor with the round rooms to either side.

URGH!

You just poke your head round the pillar in one of those rooms and BAM! you're dead.

Associate
I'm just making my way through the level where you have to carry Macmillan, because he was daft enough to let a helicopter land on him! Annoying level.... in that bit just after you climb the burning stairs and enter a room/hallway where there's some soldiers hiding, and some dogs.

Is it me or is the 'break the dogs neck' thing REALLY crap? I must have done it about twice, out of about 200 attempts! What's the trick? I keep pressed RS and I just get eaten.

Soldato
Is it me or is the 'break the dogs neck' thing REALLY crap? I must have done it about twice, out of about 200 attempts! What's the trick? I keep pressed RS and I just get eaten.

You have to wait for the dog to start it's bite, if you click too early nothing will happen.

I found the best way was wait a second after the dog jumps on you then click it. At first I was just clicking it right away and I kept getting eaten.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Just completed the game today on "Normal".. few annoying chapters, but otherwise thoroughly enjoyed it.

I must have fluked the "down the hill" level.. I just camped near the barn and slowly made my way to the road, battled them at the road and called in an airstrike down the hill a bit.

As soon as the strike finished I dashed to the helipad and completed it, first go :)

.. the level with the rooms to either side was the worst.. how many times I tried to flash those guys I do not know!

Soldato
..... not to mention how I've battled through all these nightmare scenarios, only to be scoffed alive by a stoopid dog! :D

LOL see when I hear that barking I just crap it, so annoying when you are in cover doing fine then hear the "woof woof" you just know it's going to sniff you out no matter where you are

Associate
This is completely O/T, so sorry, but after completing "All Ghillied Up" I decided to have a snoop around Google.......

I found THIS ... check out Chewy in the bottom-right. Also the Image Gallery on the left-hand menu bar is pretty pretty scary (Dave and Manny) - what these people get up to! :eek: :D

Soldato
I got "All In" done, was not so bad I guess, now stuck on the first tunnel after going down the stairs in no fighting, total nightmare, the AI is totally pathetic, be as well not being there they dont cover your back or lead forward just a waste of space.

Soldato
Well, finally got some more MP progress tonight, my SAW LMG now has a full scope after getting the 25, 75 and 150 tonight, and i'm working on Shotguns now, wow, the lack of range is hurting me!!

Managed to go from level 14 to i think 21/22 tonight :)

Associate
i'm playing on hardened completed the mission where you gotta hold them of at the ferris wheel which took a week to do. to get stuck again on the mission when you gotta get to control room the corridor with the 2 circular rooms either side how hard is this.:(

Associate
I got "All In" done, was not so bad I guess, now stuck on the first tunnel after going down the stairs in no fighting, total nightmare, the AI is totally pathetic, be as well not being there they dont cover your back or lead forward just a waste of space.

This is doing my head in. After finally carrying me mate to the chopper. 2 days of airstriking to get down the hill and thoroughly enjoying the chase level I am constantly getting killed at the bottom of the stairs to disarm the missiles! Why is there no checkpoint when you get to the bottom of the blooming stairs!! It takes ages to get there and then you die in 2 seconds flat- you can't even see who kills you.. or worse your good buddy Price steps in front of you and you get killed for Friendly fire!!!!!

Associate
Dannyjo posted over the page about the time limits to get checkpoints. You need to be extremely swift. Get in cover shoot, then move to the next position, use flashes and your grenade launcher to clear sections quickly. You need to get to the stairs by 7.30 and then through that point to the bit with circle rooms by 500 and to the double doors by 3 mins.

I made it through last night but wasn't quick enough. I then got a disk unreadable error because I paused it to eat my dinner. I hadn't saved it since the start of the stairs section so have to start again. It is a total nightmare.

Back
Top Bottom