Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - Official Thread

Soldato
g3 is the weapon of choice for me, its just so accurate, u can be miles away, get *** red dot on a tiny portion of their body and just hammer the trigger and u will get them... thing has no recoil, its great...

close up its not that great... i tend to be able to out aim most people so that makes up for it in closer to midrange combat (21.92% accuracy baby ;))

Associate
That's the hardest part of the campaign imo, even worse than 'one shot one kill'.

No doubt you already know that a lot of luck and patience is involved, but it's very doable if you stick with it.

What I did was throw a flashbang and then a nade down each one of the two tunnels (flashbang left, flashbang right, nade left, nade right) and preyed that I got lucky in killing the two guards.

<snipety snip>

Does anyone know - is this level any easier if you're using a silenced pistol? (which you start Act III with)

The thought being that the silenced pistol makes you harder to spot by the enemy (?)

Soldato
Definitely. This game certainly isn't boring! Saying that though..having no Live will mean you miss out on one of the best online games on the system..if not THE best.

damn... so the level system ive been reading about where you aquire new weapons and such for getting more points in online battles (similar to BF2).. do you get those weapons in single player anyway?

Soldato
I usually just play team death match but i started playing search and destroy a couple days ago and i am addicted.I find your stats increase at a quicker rate aswell when playing S&D.I managed to jump in a few games pitcl was in yesterday but got spanked lol.

Soldato
I managed to jump in a few games pitcl was in yesterday but got spanked lol.
Keep joining me, it's much more fun playing with people you know and once you get to know the bomb sites etc you'll become much better. You were owning on Wet Work the other day.

I find your stats increase at a quicker rate aswell when playing S&D
Yeah, thats the main reason I play S&D and because I played it loads on the pc.

Last edited:
Soldato
Finally completed the game on veteran earlier and I have to say its been my favourite FPS of the year so far, apart from some of the missions being far too difficult at times (Silo anyone?). I only need to get the last 20 pts on the plane level, which again is stupidly hard. Roll on Call of Duty 5! I just hope it's a little longer next time, but otherwise an excellent single player experience and a really fun multiplayer game! :)

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

If they doubled the campaign-length then it would be the perfect game :)

Still, playing through on the hard difficulties is always a good thing.

Soldato
Associate
Just finished today :)
First time I ever completed a game on the hardest setting - well chuffed. The silo was a tough level, but for me that ferris wheel bit gave me the most stress and anger. I hated that bit, I was REALLY stuck with it, until I did the 'lie down in the ticket booth trick' - which felt like cheating but hey, the computer cheats with it's endless spawning soldiers so what the heck...!

Caporegime
Just finished today :)
First time I ever completed a game on the hardest setting - well chuffed. The silo was a tough level, but for me that ferris wheel bit gave me the most stress and anger. I hated that bit, I was REALLY stuck with it, until I did the 'lie down in the ticket booth trick' - which felt like cheating but hey, the computer cheats with it's endless spawning soldiers so what the heck...!

Well done, I've still got to finish the silo but I've more or less given up. I'm just going to try once or twice per day til I do it. I'm not dedicating hours to it any longer.

Associate
Well done, I've still got to finish the silo but I've more or less given up. I'm just going to try once or twice per day til I do it. I'm not dedicating hours to it any longer.

Sometimes it's best to take a break and come back refreshed :)

The real tough bit on the silo was that section where there's a corridor full of boxes, and left/right spurs not far down - leading to circular rooms. At around the 5min mark. Tricky bit that.. I completed that quite a few times but got to the next 'checkpoint' with too little time remaining (<2mins).
The 'good' thing about that level is the enemy soldiers are predictable in their movements, and that helps a lot!
Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom