Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare / Warzone (Battlenet ID's in OP)

Anyone else have issues with picking up ground loot dropped by players? I was playing yesterday and quite often found unpickupable items, especially near players dropped backpacks.
Yeh, but not all the time. As someone said here not too long ago, I think its when items fall near objects like walls.

Yesterday in a game I had hardly any AR or SMG ammo and spotted a munitions box near a wall. Of course we were not able to pick it up, I must have wacked my 'F' key about 50 times to try and get it before giving up

Any tips on footsteps? My steps seem to be loud as anything in death cams but I can't hear any in game in maybe 20 games of DMZ i've heard 1 players footsteps. Last game I raged as a player drove over to where we were, downed my 2 team mates on the roof, i started revive, player walked in all the way to the top, no noise and killed us all.

Just had the worst solos game i've ever had.

Saved up 10k from a safe cracker.
Went to the buy station and bought my primary (Icarus 556) to go with my Fennec ground loot. It bought my Fennec secondary instead even though I selected the Icarus LMG.
I went back and selected my Lachman 556 instead wasting another 5k. Killed a few people, but got killed along the way. Won the gulag, then went to the loadout.
Selected my Icarus and Fennec loadout, but it selected Fennec and RPG, so no long range weapon.
Still had some money so went to buy my Icarus whilst outrunning gas. Managed to buy it this time but my Fennec dropped, I could pick it up but not the SMG ammo so died outrunning the gas after messing around trying to pick up ammo!

The whole ground loot pickup, buy station and loadout selection seems very buggy still which totally wrecks what is a fantastic game. The amount of people i've seen (and done it myself) looking at someones packpack or stuff on the floor for too long then getting killed is about 70% of game deaths. It shouldnt take 10 seconds to pick up some ammo or gun or have to waste another 5k after your wrong weapon appears on a buy station buy.

Should I just maybe delete all my loadouts and have 1 or something? I have a few to select between the same guns and ghost / high alert / overkill

Seems common

at the buy station the first weapon is loadout 1, second weapon is loadout 2, third weapon is loadout 3 etc.. the weapon it shows is the same for everyone. Its a UI bug that will be fixed soon. So weapon 10 at the buy station is the Signal sniper for everyone, but if you have the lachman 556 as the primary set up for your 10th loadout, thats the gun you will get.

Think I just figured it out. Set each loadout as the favorite starting with the first one and ending with the last one l. Leave the last one as your favorite. I had this for about and week and after doing this I Haven't had any issues for a few games now.

Last edited:
Yeah it does seem to be intentional to get people to spend more time in backpacks and buy menus, maybe to slow the sweatlords down. Could be good when the game works properly all the time. I do feel very exposed at buy stations so I try to be quick, but then start getting shot and press the wrong button to exit and get stuck in a menu while getting shot at! Doh!

I did get three kills at a buy station recently, people kept arriving in highlighted red cars, straight after me. All solos, no squads luckily. Next time the game crashes I might camp a buy station in an angry protest!

There’s definitely people camping Exfils in DMZ, although hilariously, in my last game last night, after miraculously not crashing, then even more miraculously having a random squaddie who was good, we had a great time, completed two contracts and my lotus mission, got an LTV, made it to the Exfil; and then both got downed while inside the exfil chopper…but successfully exfilled while both downed and clearly dying. That was great.

Yeah it does seem to be intentional to get people to spend more time in backpacks and buy menus, maybe to slow the sweatlords down. Could be good when the game works properly all the time. I do feel very exposed at buy stations so I try to be quick, but then start getting shot and press the wrong button to exit and get stuck in a menu while getting shot at! Doh!

I did get three kills at a buy station recently, people kept arriving in highlighted red cars, straight after me. All solos, no squads luckily. Next time the game crashes I might camp a buy station in an angry protest!

There’s definitely people camping Exfils in DMZ, although hilariously, in my last game last night, after miraculously not crashing, then even more miraculously having a random squaddie who was good, we had a great time, completed two contracts and my lotus mission, got an LTV, made it to the Exfil; and then both got downed while inside the exfil chopper…but successfully exfilled while both downed and clearly dying. That was great.
It is great to slow the sweatlords down, I agree. It would be nice to pick thing up though and receive the weapon you buy.
Just tried again and created 10 full custom loadouts in Warzone with guns copied from previous loadouts (all Icarus or fennec)
I chose to buy the Icarus for 5k, it bought a Lachman 556 which is the primary in MW2 (non Warzone) so its seems theres's crossover into both games making it even more annoying to sort out.

I'm tempted to just delete every loadout from each game and start again. Annoyingly the gunsmith cant even save custom guns, so I have to take a photo on my phone of the screen to remember the attachments!

I like leaving decoy dummys near buy stations to see who's camping them and hopefully find out where from

I had a few games last night after updating to the latest driver on Nvidia side of things - didnt have any low fps or lag spikes when dropping in from the plane whilst my friend on an old driver did - maybe that was the issue all along?

I've also seen that dropping the particle quality to low or very low can massively help with your 1% lows so also had implemented that so cant be sure what was the solution that worked.

Since when has the PILA been 1 shot 1 kill?
Someone in a solos had a 1 on 1, me with an SMG up close. They shot me with a PILA from about 3 feet away and instantly killed me. Not annoying at all!
I've deleted and recreated all my loadouts in MW2 and WZ2. Lets see if this sorted the random weapon selection

Last edited:
It is great to slow the sweatlords down, I agree. It would be nice to pick thing up though and receive the weapon you buy.
Just tried again and created 10 full custom loadouts in Warzone with guns copied from previous loadouts (all Icarus or fennec)
I chose to buy the Icarus for 5k, it bought a Lachman 556 which is the primary in MW2 (non Warzone) so its seems theres's crossover into both games making it even more annoying to sort out.

I'm tempted to just delete every loadout from each game and start again. Annoyingly the gunsmith cant even save custom guns, so I have to take a photo on my phone of the screen to remember the attachments!

I like leaving decoy dummys near buy stations to see who's camping them and hopefully find out where from

This is so annoying now that there are so many attachments. It takes long enough to fully level up a gun and try out the different attachments so when I go back to a previous gun, I can’t remember all my favourite attachments for it.

Anyone fancy squadding up for some DMZ missions? Played with a couple of random squads recently with comms and the experience was considerably better than solo!

I mainly play on Xbox but also have WZ installed on steam, with activision IDs and cross play it should be easy either way.

Last edited:
Anyone fancy squadding up for some DMZ missions? Played with a couple of random squads recently with comms and the experience was considerably better than solo!

I mainly play on Xbox but also have WZ installed on steam, with activision IDs and cross play it should be easy either way.
We can add you to the list in the OP, also worth joining the Underclockers Discord too

Back
Top Bottom