Caster Semenya could be forced to undertake hormone therapy for future Olympics

I haven't ignored it, i just don't agree with it.

As I said in another post. It's not related to the Olympics but when the WBA cleared Artur Beterbiev earlier this year for having abnormal levels of testosterone due to how his body processes the hormone I just saw it as a natural advantage. If you're born with something, it is what it is.

Ultimately, we aren't machines and we're not all growing up within +/- a percentage of each other so having these limits just seems weird to me.

Just so I'm not getting confused. I don't agree nor support trans-women competing with women.

I haven't ignored it, i just don't agree with it.

As I said in another post. It's not related to the Olympics but when the WBA cleared Artur Beterbiev earlier this year for having abnormal levels of testosterone due to how his body processes the hormone I just saw it as a natural advantage. If you're born with something, it is what it is.

Ultimately, we aren't machines and we're not all growing up within +/- a percentage of each other so having these limits just seems weird to me.

Just so I'm not getting confused. I don't agree nor support trans-women competing with women.
You are going to get generational athletes pop up every now and then, ultimately the integrity of the competition isn't 'mocked' by those people.

I'm still unclear how on earth the world has got itself in such a massive pickle with all of this. Surely science in this day and age has managed to conjure a method or measurement to determine the biological difference between the Male, Female or Intersex (other) status of the human species?

Run the test; categorise as Male / Female or Intersex. Provide opportunity for all!

Problem is both of them by all accounts a woman, there was some testing issue in the past but it wasn't recognised and the supervising body itself came under lots of criticism.
The algerian for example has lost 9 fights so its not like she is steam rollering her way through her career.

Its the equivalent of people complaining Jonah Lomu wasn't a man as he was too big.

BBC News - Boxing controversy - what we know and what we don't

It was a bit surreal watching some bloke break a woman's nose in a boxing match, and see her have to retire to "preserve her own life". I'm a live and let live type of person, but really this is pretty mental?
Did you read the article? The "bloke" isn't a bloke and hasn't ever been a bloke? There was a test that points to some issues, but the company doing the tests has been kicked out due "finances, governance, ethics, refereeing and judging.", so not sure what this post is about?

This whole topic and debate would be infinitely clearer if the IBA clarified what exactly the "eligibility criteria" that was failed was and what "trustworthy testing" they actually did to identify that.

Did you read the article? The "bloke" isn't a bloke and hasn't ever been a bloke? There was a test that points to some issues, but the company doing the tests has been kicked out due "finances, governance, ethics, refereeing and judging.", so not sure what this post is about?
Yea, you know exactly what the post is about. It's that very refusal to acknowledge the problem that only serves to compound it.

Did you read the article? The "bloke" isn't a bloke and hasn't ever been a bloke?
doe she have internal testes where the ovaries should be....

doods basically a bloke with bloke chromosones but a gender mixup

Those people are still either predominantly female or male

Can someone with XY chromosomes have only female organs?

I'm saying only because intersex people tend to have both, even if some aren't fully developed.
I'm pretty sure none with XY have ever been capable of giving birth
they have testes instead of ovaries

Last edited:

Looks like a bloke, punches like a bloke but isnt a bloke.........okay.

They should go way further with it and allow competitors to use inventions they create themselves. That would be worth watching. It's 2024, we need more science.

No one would bother getting doped up when you can strap rockets to your roller skates and do the 100 meters, or use a jet pack for the high jump

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom