Caster Semenya could be forced to undertake hormone therapy for future Olympics

Morons falling for more Russian propaganda?

A trope at this point.

Yep, it looks like a Putin goon took over the International Boxing Association and corrupted the hell out of it. Then it's members left to join a new rival body and the IOC ditched it. So now they are doing whatever they can so try and sabotage things.

They need to make people aware of it because clearly most people don't know what's going on. Nothing mentioned on the BBC at all, but then they aren't exactly on the ball these days.

Last edited:
They should go way further with it and allow competitors to use inventions they create themselves. That would be worth watching. It's 2024, we need more science.

No one would bother getting doped up when you can strap rockets to your roller skates and do the 100 meters, or use a jet pack for the high jump
Haha sick

But that doesn't suggest she "doesn't really have female bits" and more that you're assuming, which is the problem.

Yes, it does.

Imane Khelif is not trans though.

Depends how you define trans really, but the issue is that she's a biological male regardless of her current social gender identity and/or whether she's been assigned that social or legal gender identity since birth.

The issue for athletics is what she actually is biologically not socially or via some legal recognition on her passport.

Where do we stop if we start banning people for a genetic advantage? Should we stop black people being runners? Should we stop tall people playing Basketball? Stop the Brock Lesnars of the World doing amateur wrestling?

WTF are you smoking - we already ban males from competing in female events because of their male genetic advantage.

In addition to separate male and female events we have the following too:

We have age categories.

We have weight classes in some sports.

And we have separate categories for disabilities.

You can't self-identify your way into those categories, they're dependent on what you actually are.

Dude c'mon man - that is pretty poor form. Calling folk morons yet you are quoting some random print screen from Reddit posted on X...
I'm well aware, but there's no value in wasting any extra effort on it with people spending no effort calling a woman a man without evidence.

Last edited:
I'm well aware, but there's no value in wasting any extra effort on it with people spending no effort calling a woman a man without evidence.

Who is calling her a man? She can identify as whatever she wants under modern gender ideology, the issue is with her being a biological male, not with her being a "woman" in the modern sense of the word.

The CEO of the place said she tested positive for XY. I haven't once "misgendered" her. I am just going for the facts we know right now.

Last edited:
Who is calling her a man? She can identify as whatever she wants under modern gender ideology, the issue is with her being a biological male, not with her being a "woman" in the modern sense of the word.
All but blowing up all the arguments for women when someone born with all the parts isn't one, so what's a woman then?

So the story is the despicable Russia banned Lin and Khelif neither took it to arbitration and it became binding. Then when many countries pulled out of the IBA Morocco and Korea both remained even though their boxers had recently been unjustly banned. Why did they not challenge it if it was wrong? Why do they continue to support the IBA?

Last edited:
If we're not allowing anything unfair anymore then surely the likes of Micheal Phelps should banned for his inherent biological advantages? No instead it's celebrated, whilst this woman's (if it's even true, which I highly suspect isn't with Russia involved) is to be admonished and banned? Similarly with the subject of this thread Semenya... the IOC wants to chemically restrict a woman's ability to perform because it's "unfair", ludicrous.

Seems like just old fashioned misogyny to me.

Last edited:
If we're not allowing anything unfair anymore then surely the likes of Micheal Phelps should banned for his inherent biological advantages? No instead it's celebrated, whilst this woman's (if it's even true, which I highly suspect isn't with Russia involved) is to be admonished and banned? Similarly with the subject of this thread Semenya... the IOC wants to chemically restrict a woman's ability to perform because it's "unfair", ludicrous.

Seems like just old fashioned misogyny to me.
I had you down as a pretty well informed poster typically - but this is a bit of an odd take.

Back
Top Bottom