Caster Semenya could be forced to undertake hormone therapy for future Olympics

I'm clearly arguing from a binary perspective?

We're also talking about a country that literally makes being openly gay illegal.

What are you arguing and what does being gay have to do with any of this?

Reports i've read state that she does indeed have "female bits".

What reports say that?

Do you have a source that backs up your statement that she "doesn't really have female bits"?

The IBA, she failed two chromosome tests, she's an XY male with DSD which clearly gives her an athletic advantage, she obviously won't have female bits.

If you're stating Khleif has a genetic advantage, then how is that some athletes with genetic advantages* is fair but others are not? Where exactly are you drawing the line and why?

There are various obvious lines to draw - if you're unfamiliar with the sport boxing has weight classes for example, the line is the boundaries for those weight classes.

Some events have age ranges, so there's another line drawn - the age range.

Some events might be held for disabled athletes - so there's another line - does the competitor have the relevant disability?

And now there are the male/female events... it seems pretty sensible to have separate male and female events with boxing as there is an obvious safety issue in addition to fairness issues. There might be some exceptions where someone is intersex with no impact on performance but that doesn't appear to be the case here or with the original issues with Semenya.

@dowie are they actually a man? Everything I've seen just refers to a pair of tests that have now been disavowed. Has there been any other testing? I mean...dude looks like a lady and all that but *shrug*

Amazing isnt it.

Algeria would never ever send anyone to the Olympics who is not 100% female.

The IBA, she failed two chromosome tests, she's an XY male with DSD which clearly gives her an athletic advantage, she obviously won't have female bits.
There are many conflicting reports to what tests she had done, plus they wrote this in their statement

Point to note, the athletes did not undergo a testosterone examination but were subject to a separate and recognized test, whereby the specifics remain confidential.

If it was confidential how do we know she failed xy chromosome test.

This statement never mentions xy stuff.

https://www.iba.sport/news/statemen...fications-in-world-boxing-championships-2023/

There are many conflicting reports to what tests she had done, plus they wrote this in their statement

Point to note, the athletes did not undergo a testosterone examination but were subject to a separate and recognized test, whereby the specifics remain confidential.

https://www.iba.sport/news/statemen...fications-in-world-boxing-championships-2023/
The XY stuff appears to trace back to the IBA president in an interview on Russian TV, rather than anything officially published by the organisation.

The XY stuff appears to trace back to the IBA president in an interview on Russian TV, rather than anything officially published by the organisation.
I've no idea to be honest but I can't believe she never had any other tests prior to these ones considering shes been boxing since 2018.

Surely she had tests before the Tokyo Olympics, or during to see if you weren't doped up.

@dowie are they actually a man? Everything I've seen just refers to a pair of tests that have now been disavowed. Has there been any other testing? I mean...dude looks like a lady and all that but *shrug*

The tests haven't been disavowed - one boxer declined to appeal and the other boxer did put in an appeal and then withdrew it, they've both left the ruling unchallenged for a reason.

The IOC has had a spat with the IBA and the IOC itself has stopped doing sex verification, the replacement for the IBA has some bizarre rule re: whatever sex is in a competitor's passport (which could allow for trans competitors too AFAIK).

Correct it wasn't a testosterone test, it would have been a PCR test, the head of the IBA announced they were XY. We know they're not XX because they failed the tests by two independent laboratories, if they were XX they'd not have this issue.

LeBron has a significant and unfair advantage over his opponents, should he be forbidden from competing?

So do you not think there should be separate male and female events since elite male athletes have advantages over lesser male athletes?

Should there not be age ranges either?

Scrap the Paralympics too?

What are you actually arguing here - no separate categories because even with categories you can claim other advantages - just leave any competitive sport to men mostly in their 20s?

LeBron has a significant and unfair advantage over his opponents, should he be forbidden from competing?
Height and testosterone are two completely different parameters, dont try to confuse them now lad.

Very different when you are then talking about combat sports too. But I dont expect the average person to have deep knowledge in that area, so its okay.

Why do you want to see women get beaten up by a biological man? Or someone that under classification is not even a woman?
If you fancy seeing women beaten up in a sporting environment by anything other than their own sex, you're sick.

Need one of the competitors to do an "accidental" nut slap, then we'll know :D

Just going off what the passport says is a bit to easy to game tbh. In certain countries these athletes have political connection.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom