Chances of UKIP winning General Election?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
[FnG]magnolia;26411687 said:
I don't know what you think you're trying to say here :confused:

Anyway, how do UKIP compare to your previous preferred party, the BNP? I mean, other than also making grandoise statements but not winning much in the way of anything at all.

Oh come now, I know you're just dying to trot out one of the same old tired slurs: Racist, Fascist, Bigot, Homophobe. Embrace your anger!

Man of Honour
Slim to none. Ladbrokes are offering 20/1 which seems very short to me.

Makes sense to me. It won't happen, and stupid people will still pay to back it.

Oh come now, I know you're just dying to trot out one of the same old tired slurs: Racist, Fascist, Bigot, Homophobe. Embrace your anger!

Are you trying to say it is wrong to be angry about someone who shows any or all of those things?

Soldato
Are you trying to say it is wrong to be angry about someone who shows any or all of those things?

Yes. We've been over this before. Anger is not the correct emotional response to someone who expresses views which differ from your own. It's a sign of immaturity.

But that isn't what my post was about. I was merely suggesting that we were going to see the same worn out accusations.

Man of Honour
Yes. We've been over this before. Anger is not the correct emotional response to someone who expresses views which differ from your own. It's a sign of immaturity.

But that isn't what my post was about. I was merely suggesting that we were going to see the same worn out accusations.

Anger is a natural response when you encounter something inherently wrong that needs to be addressed. Something that is deceitful, frustrating, insulting or idiotic will illicit a reaction of anger, and rightly so.

Racism should be met with anger. That you feel differently speaks volumes.

Soldato
Anger is not the correct emotional response to someone who expresses views which differ from your own.

Depends on the views, in the case of racism, homophobia, facism then anger is a very good response, if we learn to tolerate these views then that's a step closer to accepting them.

Indeed.

Caporegime

There were no accusations. I actually asked a question regarding how Deuse finds UKIP compared to the BNP who he previously voted for.

By the way, anger can be a completely reasonable response to views you find idiotic or pitiful. In this case, I'm surprised more than angered by the view but you're being typically binary in your response so the nuance will of course be lost.

Soldato
Anger is a natural response when you encounter something inherently wrong that needs to be addressed. Something that is deceitful, frustrating, insulting or idiotic will illicit a reaction of anger, and rightly so.

There is nothing 'inherently wrong' about most anything; morality is a construct which is blown like a leaf on the wind. My lack of anger over these and many other issues is simply my recognition of this fact.

The fact you think it 'speaks volumes' (a not entirely subtle accusation) is because you are narrow minded and all too eager to label people in a manner that reinforces your own world view.

Not that I am saying I am necessarily any better, it's just I am concious of my hypocrisy, whereas you seem to wallow in ignorance of your own.

By all means challenge and criticise the things you don't agree with, I would do exactly the same. But anger is not the right response for a mature person.

Caporegime
There is nothing 'inherently wrong' about most anything; morality is a construct which is blown like a leaf on the wind. My lack of anger over these and many other issues is simply my recognition of this fact.

The fact you think it 'speaks volumes' (a not entirely subtle accusation) is because you are narrow minded and all too eager to label people in a manner that reinforces your own world view.

Not that I am saying I am necessarily any better, it's just I am concious of my hypocrisy, whereas you seem to wallow in ignorance of your own.

I'd forgotten that you are such an enlightened being.

Caporegime
Neither position is narrow-minded in and of itself. I accuse Gilly of being narrow-minded because he is so focused on his own narrative, that he is all too eager to start labelling people and things.

Haven't we gone through all of this before? You revert to type (non-empathetic, socially distant robot) and everyone else - apart from a few BNP supporters - look on in stunned wonderment.

You can dress the above up however you like and use whichever words change the meaning to suit your own interpretation, if that's useful to you.

Soldato
Soldato
[FnG]magnolia;26412010 said:
Haven't we gone through all of this before? You revert to type (non-empathetic, socially distant robot) and everyone else - apart from a few BNP supporters - look on in stunned wonderment.

You can dress the above up however you like and use whichever words change the meaning to suit your own interpretation, if that's useful to you.

I don't think "we" have been over anything before.

Caporegime
I don't think anyone is claiming UKIP will rampage all across the country and take seats, they probably won't take a single seat.

But they just won 25.91% in a Parliamentary Election, so they will be affecting the voting dynamics quite a lot, taking votes from other parties. The other parties do have do worry about it.

Unless UKIP can get more than 15% of the vote (which would be a new record for them) the other parties have nothing to worry about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom