Civilization VI

Man of Honour
The huge map seems pretty small. Did a couple of games with 8 total players on a huge map and all the civs started close to each other and the overall map didnt seem terribly large.

Says on the game creation tooltip that huge is for 12 players but the map seems to small for that. Also if you try and select more than 8 players it says Unsupported number of players, which struck me as odd given that it said on the description that it was for 12 players.

On the plus side, played multiplayer for several hours and didnt encounter any sync issues or glitches

Associate
It says this further down:
Steam Pre-Purchase Customers: For a limited time, the Steam Controller will be 40% off for customers that pre-purchased Civilization VI or Civilization VI Digital Deluxe through Steam.

Suggests its a discount off the controller IF you pre purchased already, not a bundle price. Really badly presented offer tho if so.

Soldato
Yeah I think that's £24 for the Steam controller if you buy Civ with it. Looks like a bugged item. Should be showing both game and controller for £73.98.

Love that reviews and general opinion seems to be good for this :)

Anyone with a GTX 970, share your performance views?

Soldato
My dad has a £400 HP Laptop jobby that he plays Civ 5 on and he's wondering how well Civ 6 might run? I'll double check with him later about which graphics card it has (it's an AMD of some type).

Permabanned
I haven't been playing long and just met my first neighbour, America, A few go's later he's telling me how he likes how I'm conducting myself as I've since met a city state and another AI player and we're all on good terms, A couple of goes after that he's starting a war with me via a surprise attack, As I take a couple of goes to pull troops in to protect Bristol he destroys a couple of plantations then attacks the city and after losing 2 squads he withdraws and offers peace, I accept, then straight away he's complaining that I have troops near his borders.

God help me!

Soldato
I haven't been playing long and just met my first neighbour, America, A few go's later he's telling me how he likes how I'm conducting myself as I've since met a city state and another AI player and we're all on good terms, A couple of goes after that he's starting a war with me via a surprise attack, As I take a couple of goes to pull troops in to protect Bristol he destroys a couple of plantations then attacks the city and after losing 2 squads he withdraws and offers peace, I accept, then straight away he's complaining that I have troops near his borders.

God help me!

Yup, sounds like Civ to me :D Can't wait to try this :D

Caporegime

God help me!

Yup, sounds like Civ to me :D Can't wait to try this :D

True civ fashion that :D

Man of Honour
Watching people on twitch, it's really hard to follow what's going on with the colour scheme. Civ 5 was quite crystal clear in that regard. These colours just seem to blend a bit too much.

Anyone else feel the same after playing it? Maybe it's just when you watch it.

Soldato
Had a quick go as Rome. Made friends with Brazil and have been attacked about 8 times by barbarians there is no stopping them. I like the distrcits thing, makes city planning a bit more of a thing to do early game. Quite an in depth version of Civ so I will take my time and read up on the civpedia in agme and see what is what.

Over all it plays well, smooth but the turns take alittle longer than civ 5 anyway. I can imagine I ill be sinking a few hours in this whilst little one is in bed later.

Caporegime
Im playing it with GF and a mate

-GF, very good at civ 5, is getting raped by barbarians non stop. She's hating it
-Mate new to Civ is loving it.
-I'm liking it but I HATE the diplomacy screen its complete junk. I know they will have to patch it soon. I hope within a month but right now its actually useless IMHO.

Associate
Back
Top Bottom