CODWWII

Caporegime
DG, I was in Mugs clan way back during the COD UO days, man those were epic days. Small world, I used to play under JasTheAce tag, what about yourself?

regarding the above video....Nope, saved me some cash to put towards something else.

yes i can remember you name vaguely mine was >Dg< Mug maybe you came just after i left.can remember seeing you about.

Soldato
I'm not quite sure what people were expecting, but it's just a reskin of the same game that people have been playing for the past 10 years.

Looks like they even managed to get an AC-130 stand-in.

Caporegime
Its borderline amusing they've managed to keep a modified quake 3 engine going for this long. They've raked in billions from COD game sales, apparently a new engine would bankrupt them.

Soldato
I must say I was thoroughly underwhelmed when I saw the trailer. It just didn't feel fresh in any way. Especially following on the heels of bf1 which looks fantastic and has been out for nearly a year.

Associate
they've done it again, the same game even though its in a completely different era than the past 10 or so cods. cant believe they're still using the same engine, animations, gunplay etc

the kids will love it i guess

Associate
Marketed squarely at kids so they can badger their parents into buying the latest ****** rehash, yet given an 18 certificate. I know age restrictions on games mean absolutely **** all, but you get my point.

Not all parents give in to their kids - my son's not played COD at my place or his moms. Why because of the rating - and my exact words to my boy; I don't care if your friend's parents bought them it or not......you're not playing it until you're older....period. COD been crap since MW2 - ...... far better games to play.......specially his age....like plants vs zombies garden warfare :D

Soldato
Epic fail on PC due to cheating.

Only player run dedicated servers can help this.

I've been saying that since COD4:MW, player run dedicated servers are the only option. P2P servers are ****, they have already dropped support for infinite warfare..

Caporegime
doesnt matter what us pc gamers say the whole money pit for this game is on console. so as long as they dont annoy them its all good. last cod was probably one of the worst cod games ever.still beat both battlefield 1 and fifa combined !

thats how much of a money maker this game is.

Soldato
Did they have small red dot like optics for the BAR in WW2 or is this some form of "creative licence" because people can't use iron sights anymore?

likely a combination of inspiration from an experimental version that there's maybe 1-2 known examples of and a big wodge of poetic licence to make it into something that was handed out like candy to soldiers.

red dots are awesome, but they're definately being taken far out of context in historical games these days.

Man of Honour
Not really been following this but wow that looked dire like it had been thrown together with no real care about the period setting or feel at all.

Soldato
Guess its not going to be a game like mohaa. Been waiting ages for a game like mohaa that had a decent sp story and a good inf only mp gameplay with totally no upgrade system just weapons based on class with simple but fun mechanics.

Wish we could get a mohaa remastered. Tho they provably make it too much HD and cinematics and add new elements to make it modern which negates the point of sprucing visuals a bit but touch nothing gameplay wise.

Back
Top Bottom