'Contact lost' with Malaysia Airlines plane

Soldato
Is there anything to support it being a terrorist "attach"? I'm pretty certain the motives behind actual terrorist attacks are not because of "My sky God is better than your sky God" in fact I cant think of any in recent memory that were.

Clearly terrorists have attached themselves somewhere to the plane, possibly using super glue.

Yes, there is a little support for such things.
Four or five people travelling are what the Malaysian security forces describe as derpy. Two are believed to be travelling on stolen passports. Now international agencies have been asked for help in actually identifying these two derpies.

The only not clear is if it was a bombing is why no group has claimed it yet, and why they would oick that particular route.

Too early to tell, might be derpies had nothing to do with it, and the plane just fell out of the sky.

Caporegime
I find being trapped inside a metal tube with constant engine noise and having nothing to breathe but tainted air quite stressful.

So basically it's not the flying that's the problem, rather the aircraft conditions?

If so I'd agree with you, flying is not nice and always makes me feel crap after...

What I still don't understand is why they don't have GPS systems on planes yet. Just a GPS and satellite transmitter with a redundant power supply would work wonders in situations like this. Even catastrophic failure could be tracked then (could even track freefall potentially depending on transmittal rate).

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
According to news sources this morning the plane may have turned around according to new radar information. Hijacking then?

"Radar signals show a Malaysia Airlines plane that has been missing for more than 24 hours may have turned back, Malaysian officials have said."
Src:BBC

Soldato
According to news sources this morning the plane may have turned around according to new radar information. Hijacking then?

"Radar signals show a Malaysia Airlines plane that has been missing for more than 24 hours may have turned back, Malaysian officials have said."
Src:BBC

Why would that mean it had to be a hijacking? ... Could have been a technical issue and they wanted to head for the nearest airport so changed course ...

Soldato
Why would that mean it had to be a hijacking? ... Could have been a technical issue and they wanted to head for the nearest airport so changed course ...

Very true, and the first thing you forget to do in both cases is signal distress :/
Something went very wrong on that plane.

Still awaiting updates on the status of the derps they are calling 'persons of interest'. Given Malaysia's hilarious lack of security, ready acceptance of bribes and potential for cover ups in flaws errors in safety/maintenance all possibilities are wide open.

It wasn't until the Bali bombing that Indonesia got tough on extremism plotters, they had been years ago under the dictators but lost their ways. Now when they raid the groups they tend to arrive at a total of 100% casualties. Malaysia hasn't had such an event directly. This might not even be it, but it is certainly a possibility.

Soldato
OP

Because I'd presume they would radio in a technical problem of any nature, let alone one which requires them to abort their intended route.

Soldato
Yes, there is a little support for such things.
Four or five people travelling are what the Malaysian security forces describe as derpy. Two are believed to be travelling on stolen passports. Now international agencies have been asked for help in actually identifying these two derpies.

The only not clear is if it was a bombing is why no group has claimed it yet, and why they would oick that particular route.

Too early to tell, might be derpies had nothing to do with it, and the plane just fell out of the sky.

Thing I don't understand is how a passport that is reported stolen can possibly still be used ? Why on earth do we even have them checked when we check in ?

Man of Honour
Because I'd presume they would radio in a technical problem of any nature, let alone one which requires them to abort their intended route.

Unless they cant. If they turned around would be far more likely to be failures than terrorism imo. As the cockpit doors are kept locked these days, so any hijacking would mean they would almost certainly have time for a broadcast, where electrical failure, fire etc. Might take out communications as well as other systems.

Soldato
Thing I don't understand is how a passport that is reported stolen can possibly still be used ? Why on earth do we even have them checked when we check in ?

That's what I mean regarding security.
Are all airports security systems intertwined with a single central database covering passports.
I doubt it, and even if they are, you bung the chap on the desk a few dirty ringgits and you can pop on board.

One would assume they must have been reported stolen, as the chaps must have had to travel home from Thailand where they were claimed to have been lost.

Mobster
Soldato
So basically it's not the flying that's the problem, rather the aircraft conditions?

If so I'd agree with you, flying is not nice and always makes me feel crap after...

What I still don't understand is why they don't have GPS systems on planes yet. Just a GPS and satellite transmitter with a redundant power supply would work wonders in situations like this. Even catastrophic failure could be tracked then (could even track freefall potentially depending on transmittal rate).

They do. That's why you can track them on the internet!

Man of Honour
Must say I find some of the comments rather crass and pathetic (like the lost comment, and looking forward to the investigations etc...) but I put it down to internet "funny wannabe quasi hardman keyboard warrior" type comments. Anyway, that said we all have different moral codes and instincts so I cannot chastise for them being different to my initial thoughts - being on those that have lost loved ones and those that have died.

I do sometimes wish people would think before they post, or at least show some empathy/sympathy to the situation.

What a sad and tragic accident :( These things unfortunately do happen - they, like all accidents are preventable, but that doesn't help those that have suffered the most difficult of losses. Having flown on MAS flights recently, and due to fly with them again this year, I'm not nervous or worried - the risk is tiny, and whilst I have taken several hundreds of flights in my life, I've come across several near misses and incidents - they are out of my control, just like someone ploughing into me in my car, or crossing the street.

My thoughts and prayers are with those that have lost loved ones, and with those that have left us in such a tragic way.

Soldato
A pilot flying a Japanese jet towards Tokyo, 30 mins ahead of the Malaysian jet, said he heard mumbling and static from the Malaysian jet, apparently there were 4 people with stolen passports and they were booked to fly to Amsterdam via Beijing. That is one messy situation imho , jets just don't disappear just like that without a distress call or an emergency one, I fear this has nothing to do with structural failure or engine problem , I also see similarities with the crash a while ago in Botswana

Man of Honour
A pilot flying a Japanese jet towards Tokyo, 30 mins ahead of the Malaysian jet, said he heard mumbling and static from the Malaysian jet, apparently there were 4 people with stolen passports and they were booked to fly to Amsterdam via Beijing. That is one messy situation imho , jets just don't disappear just like that without a distress call or an emergency one, I fear this has nothing to do with structural failure or engine problem , I also see similarities with the crash a while ago in Botswana

That's not exactly what he said, and also said it was common to lose contact in the region.

The pilot of another flight told a Malaysian newspaper he had made brief contact with the plane via his emergency frequency, at the request of Vietnamese aviation authorities who had been unable to reach it as expected. Vietnam has said it believes the flight never entered its airspace.

The unnamed man said his Japan-bound plane was deep into Vietnamese airspace when officials asked him to relay to MH370 to establish its position, and that he succeeded at about 1.30am local time.

"The voice on the other side could have been either Captain Zaharie [Ahmad Shah, 53,] or Fariq [Abdul Hamid, 27], but I was sure it was the co-pilot.

“There were a lot of interference ... static ... but I heard mumbling from the other end.

“That was the last time we heard from them, as we lost the connection,” he told the New Straits Times.

He said he did not think any more of it at the time, as losing connections was common.

It does raise several questions, Dee' in Vietnam airspace, but Vietnam said it never entered their airspace. Also puts in doubt a bomb, as they made contact after radio silence.

Last edited:
Capodecina
Soldato
At the moment there's still very little explanation. There have been many documented cases of aircraft vanishing from the Bermuda Triangle and this is no different at this point. It could be a simple case of abduction from beings unknown.

Soldato
Very true, and the first thing you forget to do in both cases is signal distress :/
Something went very wrong on that plane.

Actually.

Aviate
Navigate
Communicate.

You get the aircraft under control first. Then head towards nearest airstrip then communicate.

No point crashing the plane whilst telling ATC what your planning on doing

Man of Honour
At the moment there's still very little explanation. There have been many documented cases of aircraft vanishing from the Bermuda Triangle and this is no different at this point. It could be a simple case of abduction from beings unknown.

Don't start with this, please. It's disrespectful if nothing else.

Back
Top Bottom