Counter-Strike 2

You think this is worse then CS:GO then? I think It's a lot better then that in every sense. Feels so much smoother to me. They have changed the spray though I feel, but that should be fine once you get used to it (I've always been terrible at spraying).

Glad they've added the legacy crosshair so I can finally replicate the one I had in CS Source.
Did you play mm or faceit? I've yet to try cs2 but i never played mm as for me the 64 tick servers were just unplayable in comparison. I have really good internet, 1gb. 30 ping on swedish servers.

I hope this new sub tick bridges that gap.

What is faceit, mm, ELO?
With the hacking, hopefully they wait a bit to capture data then drop an update to catch more people in one go.
With the server tick stuff people are talking about, I don't really know about that. I used to remember servers being 66 or 100 tick rate or something like that? Is the higher number better as in more updates per second so more accurate?
@Megahurtz400 what do you mean about it being more accurate and therefore hurting scores? I'm interested to understand it more. :) I think you mean that overtime, people have built up timing habbits to suit the older tick rate and the newer one is more "fair" and caused the more elite players to be out of whack? Noobs like me it probably benefits lol.

I skipped CSGO, I came from CS1.6 to CSS, CSS being my main CS game and back then, I played pretty competitively. CS2 feels much closer to CSS than 1.6 or GO, at least to me. But it doesn't feel as predictable as I would have expected. Maybe I need more time, but right now, I'll avoid until a few patches have been out.
The fact you skipped CSGO is probably why you're feeling this way. CSGO was an amalgamation of 1.6 & Source which kinda worked, but was quirky af for the reasons you've mentioned. CS2 is mechanically identical™ to CSGO. Movement's the same, damage the same, recoil patterns the same etc. People say it "feels" different but it's not.

Valve made changes and people whined so they put it back, and even released footage proving it's the same. CS2 mechanics that _have_ changed such as hitreg is objectively better. The problem is that we've a) Become used to subliminally correcting ourselves, and b) the servers are overloaded like crazy right now.

My first few games were absolutely incredible. Now that more people are playing it's noticeably laggy, especially when player on far-eastern servers.

The fact you skipped CSGO is probably why you're feeling this way. CSGO was an amalgamation of 1.6 & Source which kinda worked, but was quirky af for the reasons you've mentioned. CS2 is mechanically identical™ to CSGO. Movement's the same, damage the same, recoil patterns the same etc. People say it "feels" different but it's not.

Valve made changes and people whined so they put it back, and even released footage proving it's the same. CS2 mechanics that _have_ changed such as hitreg is objectively better. The problem is that we've a) Become used to subliminally correcting ourselves, and b) the servers are overloaded like crazy right now.

My first few games were absolutely incredible. Now that more people are playing it's noticeably laggy, especially when player on far-eastern servers.

@jaybee , @MatteRB26 has summed it up well here :)

Years of CSGO not being a perfect representation has led to people amassing hundreds, thousands and tens of thousands of hours of subconscious corrections, which are now cemented into muscle memory.

Just youtube "CS2 Subtick" and dive into the rabbit hole of analysis people have done. Bear in mind that no one really understand exactly how it works apart from Valve themselves and like usual they say nothing to nobody.

Last edited:
Hackers are most definitely a problem, had a game last night in a 5 stack with probably the most obvious hacking i've seen in CS in years, guy firing shots off just before you come round a corner while i'm behind a smoke (In Vertigo B site so not given away by the new shadows), and one round where he killed four players with headshots within a second as we were coming up B stairs on Vertigo, something I haven't ever even seen a pro do and this guy had 1.9k ELO :confused:
We had a Mirage game like this - Their aim was on point which I put down to the weird place we're in for matchmaking at the moment (it was day 2). But then they started prefiring out-of-position spots that we'd never been in, and they'd never prefired prior. Only had the 1 suspicious game so far luckily - but we've only played about 10

Did you play mm or faceit? I've yet to try cs2 but i never played mm as for me the 64 tick servers were just unplayable in comparison. I have really good internet, 1gb. 30 ping on swedish servers.

I hope this new sub tick bridges that gap.

mm, wish I had of played faceit as I've read the premier mode in CS2 is really close to what that was like.

We had a Mirage game like this - Their aim was on point which I put down to the weird place we're in for matchmaking at the moment (it was day 2). But then they started prefiring out-of-position spots that we'd never been in, and they'd never prefired prior. Only had the 1 suspicious game so far luckily - but we've only played about 10

Standing in a weird angle is the easiest way to tell, if you get swung and insta headshot then I treat it as a practice game as there's a good chance someone on the other team has walls :(

Think i've played 6/7 games since release and had that one obvious hacker, and I think two more where I was 50/50 if they were cheating or simply just good at the game.

Either way, I really hope Valve do something big to stomp out the cheaters, it's the single thing that stops the game being the undeniable GOAT of competitive FPS games :(

This was happening to me last night when I played, which I thought initially were people hacking. I'm on Virgin media 350mb broadband. I've only seen this in the past when one person had very high ping or my internet was having issues.

This was happening to me last night when I played, which I thought initially were people hacking. I'm on Virgin media 350mb broadband. I've only seen this in the past when one person had very high ping or my internet was having issues.

Yep, that feels familiar.

Ah, thanks, that also makes a lot of sense why my movement feels so stiff, I guess it's time to relearn the whole game lol

That peeker's advantage is absolutely insane! It use to be in CS:GO as well but not to this extreme. They seriously need to fix that and soon.

I had a few games tonight without any issues at all.

I was playing dust 2 and joined within 20 seconds or so.

I did the hostage 1 the other night and again found a game quickly without any issues.

Well, I tried a couple of games again yesterday, but this time I put movement overlay on and was watching my acceleration and speed... Counterstrafing is what I was missing big time. It's essential in this CS. It's going to take me a little while to get used to it as it's so strong if not done properly you basically say goodbye to any decent quick fire you might get off.

As for the peekers advantage, it's just broken, it's all down to who swings out first and who swings out the best for peeks. Still, this needs some fixing.

That peeker's advantage is absolutely insane! It use to be in CS:GO as well but not to this extreme. They seriously need to fix that and soon.
Could someone explain this please. Is it just that the player being more aggressive and looking first has the advantage?

I'm really enjoying this, it's a nice refresh of the game with some changes that will take some getting used to, but they haven't butchered it like some companies do with new instalments of competitive games *cough* Overwatch 2 *cough*.

Hopefully they can get a grip on the cheating issues, although it's always a cat and mouse game.

Essentially it's just lag, basically.
The video is old and there has been a patch since but unsure as to whether it has properly fixed it.
Are, is that all. Yes, if someone has more lag they will always see the other player a few ms later.
Why my friends with aweful connections always scream about "I shot him first, WTF" then on the killcam they clearly didnt get the drop. Also when i'm speccing them (and record it for them) they clearly didnt shoot the enemy first and lost the battle fair and square.

Back
Top Bottom