Counter-Strike 2

Have you got a CS rating yet? I placed at half what I was in the limited test :( gonna be a bit of a grind to get up now!

Two more wins I believe! Know for a fact it will be lower though, think I won 6 lost 4 of my placement games in the limited test, and probably closer to 50/50 or lower in the full release :(

Had at least three losses to obvious hackers, the most recent was on Ancient were it was the last round and I was the last one alive, I walked from one side of the map to the other and then hid right in the middle of a smoke which no one saw me walk into. Out of nowhere I get one tapped with an AK while I was in the middle of the smoke :cry:

Before that was a Vertigo where as T we rushed up B stairs, one guy head shot all five of us in less than a second, when maybe only two of us were actually lined up for it. Thanks a bunch Valve, VAC-live who?

That Dust2 last night was funny though, easiest game of my life :cry:

Last edited:
Used to be an avid CS player back until 1.6 - 12 hour sessions weren't unknown, but gave it up about 15 years ago, got CS2 downloaded and played quite a bit and got the bug back, but struggling with the matchmaking stuff just getting my head blown off every round as i'm building up my skills, whats the best way to find more local servers with more appropriately skilled people. Also need to get myself some more suitable mouse/keyboard than my slow and clunky MS Wireless setup.

Same here, 1.4 to source, thousands of hours. Stopped playing when CSGO came out as it was a mess and all the modern additions (skins, music, more cartoony graphics etc etc) annoyed me.

However, I got back into playing it recently (past 18 months) and now if it wasn't for the fact i have a 2 year old, i'd be having long sessions like back in teh day. But alas, I get about 4 hours a week these days :(.

Last edited:
3700x/6650xt - over 300fps but feels sub 30fps. Constant micro stuttering, along with the occasional black screen for good measure

Glad its not just me. I’ll check back in in another month or so.

The last few patch notes have had mentions of an issue with AMD GPUs having issues, haven't properly looked into as i'm Team Green but could be related to that :(

The last few patch notes have had mentions of an issue with AMD GPUs having issues, haven't properly looked into as i'm Team Green but could be related to that :(
Ah ta - checked the latest official AMD drivers and they didn't mention anything other than "supporting" CS2.

Checked the CS2 patch notes and there's a separate AMD release for a CS2 Stuttering issue:

Will give that a try later, and also need to make sure I've got SAM/Rebar turned on (as think my PC was built before it was a thing), as apparently that seems to help

Last edited:
whats everyones thoughts on the update ? take it a while to get better ? will they be adding achievements later on ?

A few of my favourite maps are missing, though should be coming soon.

Still an issue with cheaters on Steam servers. I'm not talking about people that are just too good, I'm talking people obviously cheating. Which is a shame, even after a big flood of VAC bans, they really can't get to grips with it.

whats everyones thoughts on the update ? take it a while to get better ? will they be adding achievements later on ?

The game is still in "Beta" in my eyes, and it's going to take a while, maybe even multiple years, to get it to the point CSGO was in the last few years.

Despite this and all it's shortcomings, i'm still really enjoying playing it.

The main issues I have at the moment are:
  • Cheaters of course - I don't know what Valve can do about it though? A kernel level AC like Valorant would help a lot, as cheats to get around it would become more expensive. Apparently at the moment you can get free CS2 cheats which are undetectable, so a Kernel level AC might cut down on the amount of kids/losers doing it for a laugh. Also games are an absolute wash out, either way, or close but someone on the other team seemingly gets less than 5 kills in the first half, then ends up with 30+ kills by the end of the game and we lose, not obvious cheating, but the second half they always seem to be at the right bombsite when playing CT :confused:
  • AK feeling - Again, i'm not great at the game, aiming and shooting is probably my weakest element tbh, but something just feels so off with it. Multiple times i've (thought) i've been aiming at someones head while standing still and the shot has missed :confused:
  • Matchmaking/boosting/smurfing - Related to point #1, more and more games at the moment seem to have 1 player with 8-9k ELO playing in a 5 stack with unranked players, against my team of 3-4k ELO players. Also I ranked at 7.5k and climbed to 9.5k in the Limited test, so after ranking at 3.8k in the full release, i'm salty about that too :cry:

The game is still in "Beta" in my eyes, and it's going to take a while, maybe even multiple years, to get it to the point CSGO was in the last few years.

Despite this and all it's shortcomings, i'm still really enjoying playing it.

The main issues I have at the moment are:
  • Cheaters of course - I don't know what Valve can do about it though? A kernel level AC like Valorant would help a lot, as cheats to get around it would become more expensive. Apparently at the moment you can get free CS2 cheats which are undetectable, so a Kernel level AC might cut down on the amount of kids/losers doing it for a laugh. Also games are an absolute wash out, either way, or close but someone on the other team seemingly gets less than 5 kills in the first half, then ends up with 30+ kills by the end of the game and we lose, not obvious cheating, but the second half they always seem to be at the right bombsite when playing CT :confused:
  • AK feeling - Again, i'm not great at the game, aiming and shooting is probably my weakest element tbh, but something just feels so off with it. Multiple times i've (thought) i've been aiming at someones head while standing still and the shot has missed :confused:
  • Matchmaking/boosting/smurfing - Related to point #1, more and more games at the moment seem to have 1 player with 8-9k ELO playing in a 5 stack with unranked players, against my team of 3-4k ELO players. Also I ranked at 7.5k and climbed to 9.5k in the Limited test, so after ranking at 3.8k in the full release, i'm salty about that too :cry:
Similar to my rank (both limited test & release) which I was also salty about haha, I have now got it up to 4,999 now though in a short space of time.

In regards to the cheating, have those also been in the games where you've had a prime enabled account? As pretty sure I've not come across any yet.

Similar to my rank (both limited test & release) which I was also salty about haha, I have now got it up to 4,999 now though in a short space of time.

In regards to the cheating, have those also been in the games where you've had a prime enabled account? As pretty sure I've not come across any yet.

Need to get another few games together in soon, i've got three groups playing at the moment and with the no 4 stack in premier it makes it hard to get everyone in :cry:

Always play with Prime enabled players, I'm sure some of them must be smurfs, but there's deffo 20% of games where someone on the other team is obviously hacking, and sadly as Valve have still not enabled demos there's no way to confirm it by watching their POV :(

A lot of people that think they play against cheaters just lack any sort of game sense what so ever.

100%, some of the stuff on Reddit I see people post is pathetic, and i'm always trying to give people the benefit of the doubt, but when people have 30+ kills 100% headshots and are at the right bombsite for every round on both T and CT you have to assume that something isn't right.

Another one where I was the last alive in the final round as CT, T's pushed A site on Ancient while I was on B. Walked out of cave and silent dropped down into mid after they had thrown two smokes at the bottom of mid already, walked into the middle of smoke (completely dark on my screen), someone walks out of doughnut or red room and I get AK one tapped while in the smoke when no one could have known I was in there, let alone perfectly one tap me with an AK :cry:

The other great test to confirm suspicions is stand in the weirdest off angle you can possibly think of, somewhere you'd never pre-aim, then someone shift walks out pre-aiming at your head and your dead, happens all too often.

Yes.
This weekend on casual we had a guy following (quite obviously) through walls with a WH.
Another was doing the same but with an aim-lock snapping to people through walls, which was more funny that it was annoying because of how blatent/brazen/stupid it was. He got kicked and reported, which is all you can do really.

Last edited:
Yes.
This weekend on casual we had a guy following (quite obviously) through walls with a WH.
Another was doing the same but with an aim-lock snapping to people through walls, which was more funny that it was annoying because of how blatent/brazen/stupid it was. He got kicked and reported, which is all you can do really.

Let them do it in casual tbh, if they're going to spend time, effort and money for a proper anti-cheat i'd rather them put more effort into competitive modes, or even premier only if it really cuts out the majority of cheaters.

Was watching KennyS at the weekend, playing in a pre-made stack with Taz etc. His ELO was 7.2k ..... His stack were all 19-20k+ and he was facing other stacks of 18-20k plus. Guy was dominating ffs. Surely that ELO should be fast tracked up to the correct level?

Back
Top Bottom