Counter-Strike 2

CS is a tactical shooter, I have had about 10 mates who have attempted to play it recently, and none of them can understand that:

1. You are running by default and shift is used to be quiet
2. You cannot prone in this game
3. When you throw any sort of grenade it has a detrimental effect on your movement as it would in real life
4. You are more vulnerable when performing certain actions, this is what CS has always been about
5. That communication on map placement is absolute priority to win competitive matches. Mostly these guys wanna chit chat while in-game playing.

Too much arcade style MW and others has completely destroyed CS to what it use to be :(

Well said, at the end of the day, CS is a try-hard, sweaty game, it's designed to force you to get better or you won't enjoy the game.

Sure there's the casual mode but the real CS is the competitive modes, and it always has been all the way back to the early days.

Also why it has kind of ruined other games for me, i'm a naturally competitive person and am always wanting to get better at anything I do, and most other games just don't have the reward of feeling yourself get better and make better decisions as you play more hours.

Saying that, haven't been on CS much in the last two weeks, had a week where I was playing awfully and came across one too many suspicious players on the other team :(

I'll be back though, everyone knows you never "quit" counter strike, just take breaks for however long that might be.

I'll be back though, everyone knows you never "quit" counter strike, just take breaks for however long that might be.
So true :D Honestly me and a mate (who has a very serious job) have both admitted it's hard to get into other games because the pull of CS is very real. I'm halfway through the Metro series (literally halfway through the second game) but even when I was deep into that I just wanted to fire up CS for 30mins directly afterwards.

So true :D Honestly me and a mate (who has a very serious job) have both admitted it's hard to get into other games because the pull of CS is very real. I'm halfway through the Metro series (literally halfway through the second game) but even when I was deep into that I just wanted to fire up CS for 30mins directly afterwards.

The amount of games I install, go to play, last five minutes then alt + F4, boot up CS2, play one game and then say I’m never playing again :cry:

CS isnt a pure FPS which is just as well because I dont want to play a plain FPS theres already many of them. I think so much of CS2 is going to be changed and refined, I wouldnt take it too serious at present.
Fairly sure they wont keep the netcode like this, pray they just take the simple route and go 128 tick for simplicity and brevity over fixing whatever this is now

Can I get some recommendations for good casual communities and/or servers, please?

I used to regularly play the casual CS:GO modes (retakes, demo, scouts, etc), but as work and family have become a thing since CSGO's original launch, I don't get the time to play competitive any more. I often have smaller chunks of time to play, but without those game modes in CS2 and never really used the community maps before, I'm a little lost.

It's worth noting that even Competitive has had a bit of a change, in that it's now 12 round halves (rather than 15), so Competitive games are now done quicker
I did play a bit to get a Premier rank and MR 12 was a nice balance from the old MR 8 short matches.

But when I can go a couple of weeks without playing and then get to play a few short sessions, either I suck from being cold or I get interrupted mid-game. So unless the kids go to bed early and the wife is on a Love at First Sight marathon, I tend to just play casual game modes.

Can I get some recommendations for good casual communities and/or servers, please?

I used to regularly play the casual CS:GO modes (retakes, demo, scouts, etc), but as work and family have become a thing since CSGO's original launch, I don't get the time to play competitive any more. I often have smaller chunks of time to play, but without those game modes in CS2 and never really used the community maps before, I'm a little lost.

You say you used to play casual and now you dont have time for competitive? So play casual then?

I'm confused.

You say you used to play casual and now you dont have time for competitive? So play casual then?

I'm confused.

Yes, that's why I posted. I was asking for recommendations on good community servers that have a "community" behind them. Now the casual game modes have gone, and by that I mean "War Games", I'm a bit lost.

They arent gone, the game isnt finished. I expect a lot more before its really released properly. They could not run csgo and cs2 alongside each other for millions of people

I wish I knew a small server like because it could be superior easily. Im sure ocuk has attempted to setup a server at some point, its harder then it looks.

Having seen some references to CS2 I dug out my old Steam account (turned out someone had compromised it and had played a few games and added mates but didnt cost me anything) and got signed in, downloaded CS2 and it looks and plays very similar to what I remember, has anything actually changed over the years yet? Coming from Warzone since the start of lockdown, I guess I am spoilt as the movement and general feel still feels very 2010's. Am I playing the wrong version? btw noticed I still have PayDay on there too, have to give that a go again some time.

DeadMen Walking - https://forum.deadmen.co.uk/ Very well run community.

Thats one way of looking at it.
Another would be that they replaced a game with far less content instead of delaying it.

So you'd of preferred for them to delay a ready game just to add more content rather then letting everyone playing it now and bringing updates/content out? Baring in mind that the game is free too.

It doesn't bother me like as I only play the premier competitive mode anyway, so happy to wait for more maps to be added or swapped out in the rotation.

So you'd of preferred for them to delay a ready game just to add more content rather then letting everyone playing it now and bringing updates/content out? Baring in mind that the game is free too.

It doesn't bother me like as I only play the premier competitive mode anyway, so happy to wait for more maps to be added or swapped out in the rotation.

Can see your ELO climbing on the friends leaderboard!

I'm stuck at 4999 and can't escape, win one, lose one.

The 4999 promotion match ALWAYS has either a ridiculous smurf with 5k hours in it, or an obvious wall hacker :( Have checked demos to confirm now that they're back as well!

Last edited:
Can see your ELO climbing on the friends leaderboard!

I'm stuck at 4999 and can't escape, win one, lose one.

The 4999 promotion match ALWAYS has either a ridiculous smurf with 5k hours in it, or an obvious wall hacker :( Have checked demos to confirm now that they're back as well!

Yeah think I'm at around 12k now :D been having some good games too but like you still get the occasional ones with either dreadful team mates or against a 5 stack that were all Supremes on CS:GO.

About 2-3 weeks ago I dropped from 7-8k down to less then 5! But they changed the ratings loss & gain I think as I was only losing 100 but gaining 300 regardless if I lost the game before so have managed to climb again.

Back
Top Bottom