Counter-Strike 2

So you'd of preferred for them to delay a ready game just to add more content rather then letting everyone playing it now and bringing updates/content out? Baring in mind that the game is free too.

It doesn't bother me like as I only play the premier competitive mode anyway, so happy to wait for more maps to be added or swapped out in the rotation.

Yes, I would have preferred them to delay the game to ensure that at least the same amout of content exists.

Yeah think I'm at around 12k now :D been having some good games too but like you still get the occasional ones with either dreadful team mates or against a 5 stack that were all Supremes on CS:GO.

About 2-3 weeks ago I dropped from 7-8k down to less then 5! But they changed the ratings loss & gain I think as I was only losing 100 but gaining 300 regardless if I lost the game before so have managed to climb again.

Haven't been playing as much as usual recently but once I break through this 5k barrier and start climbing again we'll have to get a game in! :)

Must have missed this release, will be installing tonight. 1.6 and source player, never bothered with CSGO much. does it have the same feel?
It is CS:Go just renamed to CS2. This is why they actually removed CS:Go from Steam and CS2 sits in its place. The simplicity of 1.6 does not exist in this.

Last edited:
Source was epic. 1.6 was epic. CSGO/CS2 feels very samey, but I think after 1.6 it was only ever going to feel like incremental change.
I do really enjoy CS and have done since very early days, pre 1.6. I do still play CS2, I did miss out on the CSS days however that was too much of a strange change for me. I cannot help thinking it's subtly pivoting towards new players.. clearly it's a business at the end of the day so I shouldn't be surprised.

u9RDpJ8.png

:cry: :cry: :cry:

I downloaded Counter Strike 2 the other day, didn’t realize it was a new game, Steam said it was released in 2012. Used to play CS 1.6 back in the day and some CS Source but never CS:GO.

Just sold my PS5 and got back into the PC gaming life.

Felt very old when I logged back into Steam for the first time and was awarded the 10 year veteran badge. Unfortunately, 10+ years later my already bad reaction times are now questionably not there at all.

Such a shame about all the cheaters on there......I've found playing at certain times gives me the best experience.

Felt very old when I logged back into Steam for the first time and was awarded the 10 year veteran badge. Unfortunately, 10+ years later my already bad reaction times are now questionably not there at all.

Such a shame about all the cheaters on there......I've found playing at certain times gives me the best experience.
Only 10???

Now I feel *really* old :eek:

Untitled.png

Last edited:
I felt old last night playing premier with a 12-year-old in my squad! :eek: :(

Was playing years before Steam was even a thing......I became more interested in girls when Steam was released so I went offline

Done the full circle now, more interested in games than my lady. Eeek
When I first started gaming I used to use MSN Gaming Zone and played Rainbow six and Rainbow six Rouge Sear.

This was back in the XP days and dial up internet connection!

Tom Clancy Rainbow 6 was the first serious game I played....on my Diamond Viper V770 Ultra TNT2 AGP card and Sony Trinitron monitor.
I used to play with a load of people from the US so I had many all nighters playing it.

I even had them send over the US copies of the games as it never required the CD to play it where the UK version did lol

Are they actually cheaters, or just better than you? I only say that because the standard of play has risen quite a lot since CS:Source days when most people used to just play on pub servers with no clue about team play.

Back
Top Bottom