US: Dark Matter - may contain spoilers

Man of Honour
Dark Matter has been a nice surprise for me. Firstly that they are still making this type of sci fi (very much like SG1 SGA) and secondly that it has been given a second season :D

Also enjoying Killjoys, not as much as DM, but enough to look forward to another season.

Happy sci fi days :D

I'm surprised in a way it hasn't had more of the Sanctuary treatment (largely green screen with very few real physical sets of any size).

Its a lot cheaper to produce the CGI for these kind of shows now than it was even back when SGA was made though which helps.

Though some will complain that it doesn't really do anything new I really enjoyed it - very digestible sci-fi that mostly didn't feel contrived or trying to be something its not.

Soldato
I really enjoyed Dark Matter, managed to get it done inside a week. KillJoys Season 1 is still up to stream from the SyFy website so I have just watched the Pilot - strong start, I hope it continues.

Soldato
I really enjoyed this too. It may have partially have something to do with the fact that I wasnt really expecting much. The last few episodes remineded me a litte of Mass Effect which is always a good thing

Man of Honour
Just finished it, very much enjoyed it. One if a few Scio-fi series that actually has a proper story arc, that you find out a piece every episode. Rather than the **** star trek formula, or one episode story, with no arc. Well unless you call voyager trying to get back to earth once in every 20 episodes an arc.

Soldato
It did get renewed. It improved quite a lot in the second half of the season after a pretty slow start.

It gets better in the second half of the season?? :) That's great news, because it got me hooked from the start. I am deliberately taking it slow watching it because there is only 13 episodes, trying to stretch it out as much as possible :D

Soldato
It gets better in the second half of the season?? :) That's great news, because it got me hooked from the start. I am deliberately taking it slow watching it because there is only 13 episodes, trying to stretch it out as much as possible :D

I was very close to giving up on it by about episode 3 or 4, due to the cliched writing and me wanting to slap a few of the characters for being idiots, but when their background stories start to come out, it improved quite a lot.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
I know this is the US section, but this is back on SyFy HD on the 4th July, I think it starts in the US on the 1st. :)

I enjoyed the first season, was a nice change from the usual stuff we watch. :)

Man of Honour
Not sure what they could do with it for 4/5 seasons without getting a bit too much of the same but really enjoying season 2 so far.

R3X

R3X

Soldato
Not that impressed with season 2 tbh and I liked the first season which seemed to be packed with the main crew, ship with a good dose of comedy and action, season 2 feels a bit all over the place, but I think its only 13 eps so few left ill see it through not sure its gonna get picked up again but lets see.

Back
Top Bottom